Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LMA has radial collateral ligament tear in left thumb - 6-8 weeks

News LMA has radial collateral ligament tear in left thumb - 6-8 weeks

Portland going to hurt for the next 26 games or so.

Doesn't matter we're not making the offs

1-6

Ryno for Batum. Make it happen Demps!

PORTLAND HAS THE WORST MEDICAL STAFF

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

LMA has radial collateral ligament tear in left thumb - 6-8 weeks

Ha I was just going to post. Do yall think Portland or San Antonio fall out of the playoffs by the end of the year? Portland will struggle mightily while he is out and will play under .500 basketball. The Spurs just look old and play so. I think they will get worse as the season goes on just from age and wearing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Doesn't matter we're not making the offs
    right, god forbid we should have any interest in other teams in the league, and the impact this could have on the top 8 standings etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Ryno for Batum. Make it happen Demps!
    I was about to post this and u beat me to it.

what lineup is better for them tho?

lillard/matthews/dorell wright/ryno/lopez

or

lillard/matthews/batum/thomas robinson/lopez

basically would u rather dorell wright and Ryno, or thomas robinson and batum?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

or

looked at basketball-reference, having not watched much of either player. pure numbers i'll take dorell over robinson.

robinson 89/96 for his o/drtg does not instill any confidence considering the minutes are pretty damn close between dorell and him.

LMA has radial collateral ligament tear in left thumb - 6-8 weeks

or

For balance of offense and defense the second choice probably works best for them. Although, Ryno at least gives them a lesser effective turn around jumper in the post like Aldridge does haha.

Did someone say BATUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?!?!?!?!!

Even with him out for an extended period of time, I don't think they slip out of the playoffs. Lillard is a great scorer, Matthews is very good for his position. We all know about RoLo, and how he has developed since leaving here. The Meyers Leonard, Victor Claver, and Robinson will just have to play Money ball for a few weeks.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Portland just lost to Boston.....at home.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Portland just lost to Boston.....at home.

They've lost 5 of their last 6. Then again that 6 game stretch looked a lot like the Pelicans schedule all year...before that road trip.

Phoenix is about to hit a stretch like that also. Yet, I have no confidence whatsoever the Montycans will take advantage of it.

they will need another big if they want to stay competitive, i'm telling ya, RYNO FOR BATUM IS COMING!

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    That is horrifying

Is that Romney?

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    That is horrifying

Is that Romney?

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    That is horrifying

Is that Romney?
    Pretty sure that's McCain. That gif is horrifying and hilarious at the same time. I like it.

I would love for Portland to hit the panic button and do a Batum for Ryno swap, but I doubt they would ever get that desperate.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Pretty sure that's McCain. That gif is horrifying and hilarious at the same time. I like it.

I would love for Portland to hit the panic button and do a Batum for Ryno swap, but I doubt they would ever get that desperate.
    Let them drop from #3 in the west to #6 or #7 in a couple weeks and the panic will start fast. There is only a 5 game separation from them and #8 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do there next 26 games look like?

http://www.nba.com/blazers/schedule

Not exactly murderers row. 1/2 of their games are against .500 or lower teams. The other half are against people fighting for playoff spots. If they can money ball that spot (which is an impressively important spot), they could escape those games winning .500 or even a shade under .600. They don't have the same problems we do. They have a very nice bench for such occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post

tell them we'll throw in a 2nd rounder also

Batum has been playing equally as bad as Ryno this season.

tell them we'll throw in a 2nd rounder also

Batum has been playing equally as bad as Ryno this season.
    Ryno would replace LMA for the 6-8 weeks he's out, then what? Be their 6th man? They're not trading arguably their third best player for that, even if he is having a down year.

This board comes up with a scenario every season, where people start thinking we have a chance of aquiring Batum through a trade. He might be the most discussed player that has never played for New Orleans.

I like Masons trade, but I would like it more if we could land CJ McCollum. I think that kid is going to be good, and wouldn't mind having him start of come off the bench for us.

cmon, if you are going to trade Ryno, let's try a couple of our problems at once

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jvuvuk5

NOP IN: Batum [POR], M.Williams [MIN]
    POR IN: Anderson [NOP], Budinger [MIN]
    MIN IN: Salmons [NOP], Withey [NOP], McCollum [POR]

Maybe throw our second in there for a little bit of pepper. Portland want some more firepower with their injuries. They get our stretch 4 beast that is Ryno, and chase to bolster the SF ranks. Maybe Portland might want the 2nd.

Wolves get an expiring in Salmons, a good young centre in Withey, and a young guard in McCollum. It also gets Chase and his $5 mill off the books.

edit: maybe wolves throw a pick to Portland for taking Chase off their hands

Thread Information