Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tyreke in January

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I can't believe that Kobe averages 5.7 assist per game.
    That's because all you ever hear about is how he's selfish.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    I can't believe that Kobe averages 5.7 assist per game.
    He touches the ball on almost every play. He is bound to get assists even if he only makes desperation passes after his penetration has been stopped and he can't get a shot off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Guru, when are you going to change your handle to PelicanGuru? It's getting to be about time, don't you think? Just askin'.
    haha idk

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    He touches the ball on almost every play. He is bound to get assists even if he only makes desperation passes after his penetration has been stopped and he can't get a shot off.
    Why do people make the mistake like Kobe is a trash player and talk bad about him like he was one? I guess he is what he is now.. but hes a top 15 talent undeniably. I don't get it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Why do people make the mistake like Kobe is a trash player and talk bad about him like he was one? I guess he is what he is now.. but hes a top 15 talent undeniably. I don't get it.
    He was a tremendous player. He is still very good. He shoots the ball too much and at this point in his career he doesn't help his team win.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    haha idk
    Hornet still in username reprezent

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    He was a tremendous player. He is still very good. He shoots the ball too much and at this point in his career he doesn't help his team win.
    Ok, you're talking about now. That's fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    HG will say jimmy buckets probably, but I think the train has changed tracks. Anderson is the new primary trade piece haha
    Haha everyones got their sights set on ryno now....but with pretty good reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Hornet still in username reprezent
    word.

Reke doesn't mind passing, last game, if people would have hit their shots dude prob would have had like 13 assists. When it comes down to the 4th quarter and nobody continues to hit i have no problem with tyreke going tyreke mode and trying to do something for us.

I truly believe that Tyreke has elite NBA talent that is diminished by a low basketball IQ. Nonetheless I truly believe his weak stats at the starts of the last 2 seasons are more of a function of his health than his actual basketball acumen. When healthy I believe Tyreke is an All-Star talent and am happy to see his at the rim rate improve recently. Also it is hard to argue that his shooting has improved and he is taking less step back off balance shots. I credit his shooting coach for this. If only he could become an average defender?
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

update:

tyreke is now averaging 19-6-6 with 49.4% shooting and 33.3% 3pt shooting. DA GOAT! I think he finishes the season averaging 20-6-6 with 46% shooting and 31% from 3.

Any stat to compare the following combination?

Reke/EG
    JH/EG
    Reke/JH

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    update:

tyreke is now averaging 19-6-6 with 49.4% shooting and 33.3% 3pt shooting. DA GOAT! I think he finishes the season averaging 20-6-6 with 46% shooting and 31% from 3.
    We have GOAT 1a and GOAT 1b with AD and Rekeington

agreed.

Since Jrue went down and Tyreke has taken over more of the point guard duties, these are his numbers in 7 games:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	te.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	5871

Wonder if he is a more effective PG than Jrue.. He seems like he's playing more steady and he's a matchup nightmare for other PG's

Will be interesting to see if he keeps it up through the tough stretch coming up after the Nugs. (LAC, ATL, OKC, @ OKC, CHI)

...we get to go McDonalds
    Tyreke should be traded now while he's playing well. He needs the ball in his hands, there's no way around this. The problem is that he'll never be that guy on a contending team. If there were ever a chance to pick up assets for him, it'd be now. I'm super happy he's playing better as of late, but I don't trust him when it matters.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    What about Cunndexter?

Thread Information