Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: sick and tired of being sick and tired

Rant sick and tired of being sick and tired

I know this is only one game and i hate to have a knee jerk reaction based on one game but this is getting ridiculous. I'm just sick and tired of being patient as a fan of the Pelicans... I'm sick of the injury excuses for this team, injuries happen all the time but you must find a way to Persevere. The Pelicans fan base deserves better than this mediocre crap we have to put up with..

Quote Originally Posted by pelifanatic View Post
    I know this is only one game and i hate to have a knee jerk reaction based on one game but this is getting ridiculous. I'm just sick and tired of being patient as a fan of the Pelicans... I'm sick of the injury excuses for this team, injuries happen all the time but you must find a way to Persevere. The Pelicans fan base deserves better than this mediocre crap we have to put up with..
    nah this isn't just one game
    never assume

Monty has needed to go since last season. This is just adding more layers to the burden of proof necessary to prove the case.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I can hardly find anything about Monty being on the hot seat, why is that? Fire this dude.

If Monty is fired then Dell Demps should also be shown the door...

Monty Williams needs to lose his job. That's not a knee-jerk reaction. That's reality. He's currently one of the most tenured head coaches in the NBA, and he's done nothing to earn that distinction. THREE years ago, David Stern winked at Tom Benson and told him "You're one player away." Anthony Davis is that one player. This team should be further along than it is. And the most frustrating thing about it is, ownership will likely not do anything until the offseason.
    Support Louisiana businesses.

He took over a rebuilding team and lost, an injured team and lost, now a built healthy team and still loses. I don't get what he contributes?

I think if Monty goes then Del will obviously be shown the door (for better or worse), and I chalk up the fact that Monty hasn't been fired yet to the fact that Benson is still a virgin to the ways of the NBA, and his team President lets coaches finish things out.

This is getting pretty bad.

If we're saying the players arent focused and are playing poorly because of Monty, I dont see how we fire Dell at the same time if Monty goes. Maybe Dell is getting us good players, but Monty is just killing their potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadmoor74 View Post
    Monty Williams needs to lose his job. That's not a knee-jerk reaction. That's reality. He's currently one of the most tenured head coaches in the NBA, and he's done nothing to earn that distinction. THREE years ago, David Stern winked at Tom Benson and told him "You're one player away." Anthony Davis is that one player. This team should be further along than it is. And the most frustrating thing about it is, ownership will likely not do anything until the offseason.
    You hit the nail on the head. He's one of the longest tenured hc's in the league. That's freakin hilarious man. What a joke. He's done and showed absolutely nothing to warrant that. Let's hope our upper mgmt has the brains to run an nba team the righ way. We've seen so many coaches get canned for so much less. Yet, he we are with the same crap every year. It's not getting old. It's been old. At least for me it has.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    If we're saying the players arent focused and are playing poorly because of Monty, I dont see how we fire Dell at the same time if Monty goes. Maybe Dell is getting us good players, but Monty is just killing their potential.
    This team is horribly put together. If this is ALL Monty then he really is 1 of if not the worse coach in the nba. I honestly think it's a mix of both tho.

Tonight loss was the straw that broke the camels back, there was no excuse for losing this game. I don't care if AD and Jrue were out we still had over 42 million dollars worth of players in the starting 5. That is more than the Sixer's whole roster. Both Monty and Dell need to be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Dat Monty look doe

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    FIRE MONTEL

Frustrated as anyone but I still favor giving Monty the rest of the season. To me this season was always about getting a big enough sample size to evaluate where we are with the roster and the coaching staff. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sneak into the playoffs and I haven't given that hope up, but we are getting close to the point where we could consider clearing cap space for next season, hopefully picking up some picks and prospects in the process. We have assets that might be appealing to contenders before the deadline (Asik, Anderson, e.g.) and the trade deadline may present more leverage than the offseason, assuming we know we want to reshape the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Frustrated as anyone but I still favor giving Monty the rest of the season. To me this season was always about getting a big enough sample size to evaluate where we are with the roster and the coaching staff. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to sneak into the playoffs and I haven't given that hope up, but we are getting close to the point where we could consider clearing cap space for next season, hopefully picking up some picks and prospects in the process. We have assets that might be appealing to contenders before the deadline (Asik, Anderson, e.g.) and the trade deadline may present more leverage than the offseason, assuming we know we want to reshape the roster.
    Dude wake up. Teams that lose to the 76ers dont sneak into the playoffs

I have stood by and defended Monty from day one, but i am with the majority its time for Monty to go, this team is so frustrating to watch. The have a lack of focus, no heart, no pride, and a me first mentality, if we don't do something soon AD is going to want out and that might kill basketball in New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    This song was played last year and got boring to me...

Banned
    The Sixers are 6-8 over their last 14. They aren't the pushovers we make them out to be. The Pelicans problem is they think they are over the hump every time they win a game. We try to force our success and end up playing worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    The Sixers are 6-8 over their last 14. They aren't the pushovers we make them out to be. The Pelicans problem is they think they are over the hump every time they win a game. We try to force our success and end up playing worse.
    They are pushovers. They beat A bunch of scrub teams and narrowly defeated a Bosh-less Heat and Lebron, Irving-less Cavs team. Both of the latter in narrow victories. We got blown out by a team of mostly scrubs trying to play for draft position.

We had 20 million more in salary playing their roster last night(and I didn't count Jrue and davis salary) and what do we have to show for that?

I don't think it is anyone answer to our problems. Be it coaching, management, players or ownership. I think it's a little bit of everything.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-17-2015 at 10:06 AM.

Banned
    That means they play hard all the time at least. We don't and will be playing for Draft position if we aren't careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    That means they play hard all the time at least. We don't and will be playing for Draft position if we aren't careful.
    So why can a scrub team like the sixers play hard but our team can't? Sounds like a classic organizational problem to me.

And there is no draft position to fight for, we gave that up to acquire a one way center that more and more I am beginning to question my assessment from a few weeks back about him being a victim of poor perimeter play.

Thread Information