Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea with the suns

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    this sums it up perfectly.
    Man your one line agreement terms are fabulous !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You do realize that 75% of your starting 2's shoot between 35 & 38% ! Thats a lot of good to great shooters ! Which to me means that Green is just one of the bunch, wouldnt you say?
    75% of shooting guards are only starters BECAUSE they are good 3pt shooters... like danny green, courtney lee, clay thompson, etc.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 01-18-2015 at 10:20 PM.

To break it down for u:

Stef Curry - elite from 3
    bradley beal - great from 3
    gerald green - good from 3

I would say all 3 are equal but would give the nod to Green because he has the same career % as them but has done it on even more attempts, so slight nod to gerald green being better, but only a hair.
    OK, so the comparison to Miller & allens%'s arent comparable then? Correct?

OK, so the comparison to Miller & allens%'s arent comparable then? Correct?
    arent comparable? No, i never said gerald green was elite, i said he was good at shooting 3's, and that those guys were elite from 3. So if ray allen at 40% and miller at 39% are elite or great then 37.2% is good.

75% of shooting guards are only starters BECAUSE they are good 3pt shooters... like danny green, courtney lee, clay thompson, etc.
    See your point, differ in semantics ! When 75% of something does the same same thing, it is average ! Its those are not in that NUMBER that become above average. NOT saying I'm right, I'm saying that AVERAGE is based on the curve presented by the masses !

arent comparable? No, i never said gerald green was elite, i said he was good at shooting 3's, and that those guys were elite from 3. So if ray allen at 40% and miller at 39% are elite or great then 37.2% is good.
    I get that, but you referenced Green being a tad better because he had a few more attempts! Allen & Reggie had thousands more attempts & were still 2-3% points better ! So, in essence, much much better !

so is anyone gonna justify the trade or argue whether green can shoot or not lol

I get that, but you referenced Green being a tad better because he had a few more attempts! Allen & Reggie had thousands more attempts & were still 2-3% points better ! So, in essence, much much better !
    which is why i never said green was as good as them..........

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    so is anyone gonna justify the trade or argue whether green can shoot or not lol
    lol like i said, I'm only doing it if green agrees he will sign for cheap and they include a first rounder so we can package it with gordon to move him.

which is why i never said green was as good as them..........
    OK then ! Lets just say > I think 37% is average because a majority does it ! 75% of the #2's look exactly alike, which makes them NOT special. Green is one of those not special fellas that 95% of you think is a good to great 3pt shooter. My take is > If just about everybody else can do exactly what you do, it makes you average because your just like everyone else. I dont think he is a special talent. I think hes a dime a dozen as quantified by everyone elses similar stats.

lol like i said, I'm only doing it if green agrees he will sign for cheap and they include a first rounder so we can package it with gordon to move him.
    I would assume green would seek around 7mil next year, Suns have one first round pick this year and next, going to be hard to trade for that.. don't think ryno is worth a 1st round pick IMO

I would assume green would seek around 7mil next year, Suns have one first round pick this year and next, going to be hard to trade for that.. don't think ryno is worth a 1st round pick IMO
    Would you pay Green (a 22 minute guy) 7 mil ?

OK then ! Lets just say > I think 37% is average because a majority does it ! 75% of the #2's look exactly alike, which makes them NOT special. Green is one of those not special fellas that 95% of you think is a good to great 3pt shooter. My take is > If just about everybody else can do exactly what you do, it makes you average because your just like everyone else. I dont think he is a special talent. I think hes a dime a dozen as quantified by everyone elses similar stats.
    I'm not gonna say ur opinion is wrong, ur entitled to it, and i don't actually think green is a special player, but what he does give u is good length, 3pt shooting, and he can run the floor and finish in transition. I don't think he is the end all be all guy, he isn't, and i wouldn't give him more than the MLE.

the suns already offered green and a 1st for ryno.

Would you pay Green (a 22 minute guy) 7 mil ?
    with our team he would get more than 22 minutes IMO

If we could move ryno and find a way to get a first to get rid of gordon and then be able to sign draymond green or jimmy butler i'd do it in a heartbeat.

with our team he would get more than 22 minutes IMO
    OK, rephrase ! Is he worth 7 million?

If we could move ryno and find a way to get a first to get rid of gordon and then be able to sign draymond green or jimmy butler i'd do it in a heartbeat.
    Ho;y Cow, if Pants thinks Green gonna command 7 mil.,Dray Green will crack the safe & Butler will break the bank.

OK, rephrase ! Is he worth 7 million?
    ehhhhhh idk, with how badly we need 3pt shooting at SF maybe, sometimes u have to overpay, i'll say he is worth somewhere in the 5.5-6.5 million range.

Ho;y Cow, if Pants thinks Green gonna command 7 mil.,Dray Green will crack the safe & Butler will break the bank.
    i think draymond is gonna get around 10-12 a year and butler will get around 13-15

ehhhhhh idk, with how badly we need 3pt shooting at SF maybe, sometimes u have to overpay, i'll say he is worth somewhere in the 5.5-6.5 million range.
    I would pay D Green 11 before I pay G Green 7

i think draymond is gonna get around 10-12 a year and butler will get around 13-15
    If Butler gets 15, it wont be with Chicago! Noah UFA is coming in 16! hes gonna get 11-13, im guessing? Cant payem all> Gasol is not retiring!
    Last edited by Tinman; 01-18-2015 at 10:52 PM.

I would pay D Green 11 before I pay G Green 7
    as would I, draymond has so much value because of his versatility, can play SF or PF because his post defense is as good as his perimeter D. He can bang.

If Butler gets 15, it wont be with Chicago! Noah UFA is coming in 16! hes gonna get 11-13, im guessing? Cant payem all> Gasol is not retiring!
    I already said the same thing, but they could view butler as the next big thing at SG/SF, as I do and break the bank on him to keep him. I wouldn't let him go, he can lock people down, rebound, slash and shoot. He is a beast.

Thread Information