Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trade idea with the suns

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    He played 60 total games in 12-13 >> shot 30% He played 38 total games in 08-09 and shot 30% !
    dude, u are just not grasping it, i give up.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You cherry picked stats to make your argument on his 3 point shooting. He's a 37% career 3 point shooter. That is good. No one is arguing anything else. You're wrong. Pick out bad season all you want, his career defines his ability. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thank u.

As I said when given stats, you deflect & insult, which I have not done ! I find that w/in your argument is more of why I have to be wrong & not WHY are you right !
    lol so u wanna talk stats, the #1 stat is his career 3pt% which is good, but u point to bad season nd say he can't shoot but don't point to good ones that say he can.....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    You cherry picked stats to make your argument on his 3 point shooting. He's a 37% career 3 point shooter. That is good. No one is arguing anything else. You're wrong. Pick out bad season all you want, his career defines his ability. Move on.

SO 37% is a good 3pt shooter for being a shooting guard ? IF that is how you feel, then thats OK> I can see why you would want him ! He shot 40% last year ! In his previous 6 partial seasons, he shot 35% from 3pt ! I'm not wrong for thinking that 37% is good for your (shooting guard)! As you are not wrong for thinking that it is good ! Its relative ! Didnt cherry pick ! Stated before last year, he was less than average as a 3pt shooter !

As I said when given stats, you deflect & insult, which I have not done ! I find that w/in your argument is more of why I have to be wrong & not WHY are you right !
    u do get that his career percentage takes into account every 3 he has ever taken, so for u to use bad seasons as an indicator that he can't shoot isn't good, his career body of work is what u look at, plus some of those terrible season he was taking like 1 shot a game lol. You wanna talk stats, i just gave u a stat, career 37% 3pt shooter. U lose.

SO 37% is a good 3pt shooter for being a shooting guard ? IF that is how you feel, then thats OK> I can see why you would want him ! He shot 40% last year ! In his previous 6 partial seasons, he shot 35% from 3pt ! I'm not wrong for thinking that 37% is good for your (shooting guard)! As you are not wrong for thinking that it is good ! Its relative ! Didnt cherry pick ! Stated before last year, he was less than average as a 3pt shooter !
    one of the best 3pt shooters of ALL time, ray allen, had a career of 40%, so if that is great, then yes 37% is good. AND DO NOT say that allen was one of the best blah blah blah, we aren't taking that, we are talking 3pt shooting only.

if u would just say u were wrong, and that he is a good 3pt shooter, but thats about it and isn't great at much else besides dunking and running the floor, maybe some people would agree with u.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    lol so u wanna talk stats, the #1 stat is his career 3pt% which is good, but u point to bad season nd say he can't shoot but don't point to good ones that say he can.....
    1 season brought his average to 37% ! If you think thats good, then so be it ! I dont ! Especially since >before the 13-14 season, which is a much larger body of work, he was not a very good 3pt shooter ! Did he improve last year>YES ! If you want to take chance on everything he is about, then OK ! I wouldnt ! Thats all ! You think hes an awesome shooter at 37% ! I think thats awesome for a #3 or #4, not for your shooting guard !

When you say stats before last year, that's cherry picking.

37% Is good not elite. You're saying he's not a good 3 point shooter. Harden is a sg and is a career 37 percent 3 point shooter. I'd say he's a good 3 point shooter.

These are your all time leaders
    40%+ is elite
    37-39 is good to great

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...coring_leaders

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Anyway I'm done with this. Good luck fellas.

one of the best 3pt shooters of ALL time, ray allen, had a career of 40%, so if that is great, then yes 37% is good. AND DO NOT say that allen was one of the best blah blah blah, we aren't taking that, we are talking 3pt shooting only.
    Sir, thats my point ! this thread was a trade proposal thread & if I wanted Green for Anderson, it wouldnt be solely because he shoots 3's ( because his 3pt shooting is average) but thats all I would be getting ! He has no other glaring strengths ! So, I wouldnt want him ! As far as Ray Allen > I would wager that if Gerald Green took as many shots as Ray Allen,he would be where he was % wise before last year ! The difference in the amount of shots taken is astronomical !

Sir, thats my point ! this thread was a trade proposal thread & if I wanted Green for Anderson, it wouldnt be solely because he shoots 3's ( because his 3pt shooting is average) but thats all I would be getting ! He has no other glaring strengths ! So, I wouldnt want him ! As far as Ray Allen > I would wager that if Gerald Green took as many shots as Ray Allen,he would be where he was % wise before last year ! The difference in the amount of shots taken is astronomical !
    once again, I'm not arguing that with u, all i am arguing is if green is a good 3pt shooter or not, i give up on u, I'm done with this thread, goodbye.

When you say stats before last year, that's cherry picking.

37% Is good not elite. You're saying he's not a good 3 point shooter. Harden is a sg and is a career 37 percent 3 point shooter. I'd say he's a good 3 point shooter.

These are your all time leaders
    40%+ is elite
    37-39 is good to great

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_...coring_leaders

Goodness, harden scores 60% of his points in the paint & at the foul line ! Green does not ! 80% of greens points are from 3 !

Goodness, harden scores 60% of his points in the paint & at the foul line ! Green does not ! 80% of greens points are from 3 !
    What does that have to do with what's considered a good 3 point shooter ? Nothing.

Well then Holiday & Gordon are good to great 3pt shooters ! Jrue is 37.5 career & EG is 37% ! So you agree that these 2 guys are good to great 3pt shooters, yes ?

Reading this thread is hurting my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Reading this thread is hurting my eyes.
    Then dont read it !

I think the real question here is why there is a space before every exclamation point?

What does that have to do with what's considered a good 3 point shooter ? Nothing.

exactly lol. He wants stats so we give him stats about 3pt shooting and he is like OMG BUT HARDEN'S FAVORITE COLOR IS GREEN! Nothing to do with 3pt shooting.

Well then Holiday & Gordon are good to great 3pt shooters ! Jrue is 37.5 career & EG is 37% ! So you agree that these 2 guys are good to great 3pt shooters, yes ?
    definetly, jrue and e.g. have always been known as good 3pt shooters easy.

exactly lol.
    Good answer ! Is Green a better 3pt shooter than EG or Holiday ?

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    this sums it up perfectly.

definetly, jrue and e.g. have always been known as good 3pt shooters easy.
    You do realize that 75% of your starting 2's shoot between 35 & 38% ! Thats a lot of good to great shooters ! Which to me means that Green is just one of the bunch, wouldnt you say?

Good answer ! Is Green a better 3pt shooter than EG or Holiday ?
    I would say all 3 are equal but would give the nod to Green because he has the same career % as them but has done it on even more attempts, so slight nod to gerald green being better, but only a hair.

Thread Information