Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Trade idea with the suns

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I already said the same thing, but they could view butler as the next big thing at SG/SF, as I do and break the bank on him to keep him. I wouldn't let him go, he can lock people down, rebound, slash and shoot. He is a beast.
    Let Noah walk or trade next year?

If 37% is just avg then what is good to you
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    If 37% is just avg then what is good to you
    Average is when you do whatyou do, just like everyone else in your line of work ! 75% of 2 guards shoot 37% ! that makes it average for the proffession . In the NBA 37% is average for 3pt shooting guards >It would be GREAT if you were a CENTER because you would be the only one doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Average is when you do whatyou do, just like everyone else in your line of work ! 75% of 2 guards shoot 37% ! that makes it average for the proffession . In the NBA 37% is average for 3pt shooting guards >It would be GREAT if you were a CENTER because you would be the only one doing it!
    I mean that's cool and all but I didn't ask you that.... I'm asking what is a good 3 pt%

Tyler ! If i was a Probowler & bowled a 215> well I would basically stink ! But if I wrnt to Rock&Bowl tomorrow & bowled a 180, I would think I bowled a great game! Why, because its not what I do! All probowlers bowl in the 235 average ! To all of them, thats AVERAGE because they all do it ! For me, it would greatttttttttttttt !

Let Noah walk or trade next year?
    depends if they go for the youth movement or not, if they can't make noise in the playoffs this year with noah and pau, who are getting older, i would rebuild around butler and hope rose returns to form, I would trade Noah, he will have a ton of value to a contending team.

I'm about to look up every starting SG in the league 3pt% now lol. gimme a sec on this, but i have a feeling that 75% doesn't shoot 37%

I'm about to look up every starting SG in the league 3pt% now lol. gimme a sec on this, but i have a feeling that 75% doesn't shoot 37%
    I truly thought the 3pt discussion was ixnay, but o well !

Opinions are ODD things !

just did all the math, please don't make me post all the players and percentages, just take my word for it. The average 3pt% for NBA starting shooting guards is 35.7%

So Green is above average as a SG, and good as a league wide 3 pt shooter.

Also, green would play SF for us though, and if i had to guess the league average for starting SF's 3pt% is prob around 31-32%

btw eric gordon is shooting 39% from 3 this season, very nice! Up that trade value baby.

I looked before, for every position, Green is sitting around 27th in 3P% on >= 4 3PA per game (out of 65 people who meet that condition).

22/59 if you then add the condition >= 20 games played.

http://stats.nba.com/league/player/?...=FG3_PCT&dir=1

he isn't the only answer clearly. But purely 3p% wise, his numbers are good.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I looked before, for every position, Green is sitting around 27th in 3P% on >= 4 3PA per game (out of 65 people who meet that condition).

good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post

good stuff.

but also don't forget, its more than just percentages, someone who shoots 37% on 10 attempts a game is better than someone who shoots 38% on 5 attempts per game.

Dunks>3's. At least if im gonna watch the Pels lose every other game and miss the playoffs, i'll still get to watch arguably the most exciting dunker in the game.

But i say we try n' sign em in FA. And I would never do this trade.

just did all the math, please don't make me post all the players and percentages, just take my word for it. The average 3pt% for NBA starting shooting guards is 35.7%

So Green is above average as a SG, and good as a league wide 3 pt shooter.

Also, green would play SF for us though, and if i had to guess the league average for starting SF's 3pt% is prob around 31-32%
    Boom ! Game over ! Gerald green is an ABOVE average 3pt shooter !!!!!

Thread Information