Pelicans Report

Thread: My Offseason Fix

My Offseason Fix

We all know once AD signs his extension we are locked up financially until Tyreke & Jrue's contracts run up so I think one big trade, a new coach & a later trade can really fix this team for the better.

1) S&T Q-Pon & Anderson for G. Monroe this offseason
    Q-Pon & Anderson make a combined $11.9M next season and I'm not positive how the cap works but I'm pretty sure we'd be able to offer Monroe something like 13M a season with that outgoing salary. He may be able to command more since he's been on fire for the Pistons, but to come home & play next to AD can be tempting to take a lower salary. Asik has been less than what we expected & we may lose some defense, he's rebounding at an equal level & brings much more offensively. RyNo's been arguably our worst defender this year and SVG wants to build Orlando 2.0 in Detroit. He'd love to pair RyNo with Drummond just like he did with Dwight. Q-Pon's salary is respectable and they lack a SF just as much as we do.

2) Sign a SF with the MLE
    Not the best options at the amount we can give, but can definitely upgrade the position. Re-sign cunningham too

3) Hire a coach that isn't afraid to yell at these guys/bench them some games & let them play at a fast pace.
    Once again, there are options here but if i name just one specific guy I don't want this board to go into an uproar.

4) Trade Gordon midseason next year to a team looking to clear the books/contend & give away young assets to help shape the bench into place.

Again, not a lot of specifics here but I think all 4 of these things aren't far fetched and can make us much better.

I'm not 100% sure we can do a S&T and still use the MLE. I will look it up and see if I can find an answer but I'm at work right now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

My Offseason Fix

I like the ideas and if we could get Monroe for Anderson and Qpon that'd be great.
    A good backup plan is: sign a SF starter who can play very good defense and hit 3s.
    Sign a really good backup center/PF who has great offensive skills and passing.
    Possibly Resign Asik to a deal that is fair to the team and affordable.

Resign Cunningham.

Possibly trade Anderson, Gordon etc for assets.

Make sure we have a reliable backup pg whoever than may be.

We need to really consider hiring a new coach. Our team needs a better coach now.

I want to have Gordon, Anderson, and whoever we need to be off the books so that we have 26-30mil available to sign Kevin Durant in 2016-17
    Last edited by pelicanchamp; 01-17-2015 at 12:06 PM. Reason: d

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Why does everyone thing Greg Monroe would be so great here? Did you not see him on defense against us when we played? He's also a volume scorer. People complaining about AD not getting his touches would still be complaining. On top of that, Monroe isn't a true Center. He's a power forward.

I just don't see if we were truly interested in him, why didn't we make a realistic play for him this off-season. In fact NO ONE really did.

I just want to get Rivers back...because you know, he is going to be the next Manu/Jet/RonnHarper/Vinnie Johnson.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Why does everyone thing Greg Monroe would be so great here? Did you not see him on defense against us when we played? He's also a volume scorer. People complaining about AD not getting his touches would still be complaining. On top of that, Monroe isn't a true Center. He's a power forward.

I just don't see if we were truly interested in him, why didn't we make a realistic play for him this off-season. In fact NO ONE really did.
    This, no reason to sign that guy. It forces AD to play center, which makes me throwup
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This, no reason to sign that guy. It forces AD to play center, which makes me throwup
    I agree. if people compare ad to Tim Duncan look at all the centre other the admiral that he has playd with. Never been great just average just somebody not foul happy & to take the punishment off ad with safe hands

Thread Information