Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryno

Trade Idea Ryno

These threads are getting a little boring over the last couple of weeks so I though I would come up with a trade idea so everybody could rip me to pieces.

I read a report that Kings are looking for front court help and is throwing the number 8 pick in the super super 2014 draft Nik Stauskas into trade talks. I do understand my tag in ryno4three so throwing his name in a trade idea hurts me but I think Pelicans need depth.

General idea would be Ryan Anderson 4 Stauskas maybe Thompson and a first or some other combo like that. Keep in mine I'm a huge Ryno fan but I'm a Pelicans fan first. Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you're just taking Mason's trade idea from Twitter? Lol. I'll answer it the same way. I'd rather have taken Gerald Green and a 1st for him than this trade idea.

No ones going to give up a decent player and a first for Ryno. We may get Gerald Green and another player. But not a first. Both the Morris brothers play a better overall game than him.

I wouldn't do it, don't think it fills a void in any of our areas of need

Quote Originally Posted by kdalw1 View Post
    No ones going to give up a decent player and a first for Ryno. We may get Gerald Green and another player. But not a first. Both the Morris brothers play a better overall game than him.
    the suns offered gerald green and a 1st for ryno last summer, so ur mistaken, unless u don't think gerald green is a decent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    So you're just taking Mason's trade idea from Twitter? Lol. I'll answer it the same way. I'd rather have taken Gerald Green and a 1st for him than this trade idea.
    I don't who mason is I'm not on Twitter. I reckon kings would do back flips for Ryno, a Cali boy who would absolutly fit there system to a t. go over to there forums & pose the trade I think he holds a lot of value. Teams would think its a buy low sell high moment for Ryno.

Me personally I wouldn't do I just like to have the discussion, I really think this teams needs good veteran help at the backup point and some body to step up to be a closer, tyreke is trying but I'm not a fan and ad doesn't demand or get the ball enough with the game on the line

i wouldn't do it for stauskas, he's been terrible.

Now i WOULD do Ryno for BcLemore and Thompson. McLemore is a beast.

mclemore is a perfect fit next to jrue or tyreke, he is best off ball, 3pt assassin, and is a freak athlete with a 42" vertical, can run the floor and finish in traffic. Thompson gives u a backup PF who is a good rebounder and has a mid range game.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i wouldn't do it for stauskas, he's been terrible.

Now i WOULD do Ryno for BcLemore and Thompson. McLemore is a beast.
    In that situation what happens to gordon

Quote Originally Posted by ryno4three View Post
    In that situation what happens to gordon
    the same thing that would happen to him if we got stauskas.

mclemore is a perfect fit next to jrue or tyreke, he is best off ball, 3pt assassin, and is a freak athlete with a 42" vertical, can run the floor and finish in traffic. Thompson gives u a backup PF who is a good rebounder and has a mid range game.
    No way......Pelicans are trying to win...now. Dell wants young veterans, guys with at least 4 plus years in the league. McLemore and Stauskas do not fit at all in what Dell is trying to do...

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    No way......Pelicans are trying to win...now. Dell wants young veterans, guys with at least 4 plus years in the league. McLemore and Stauskas do not fit at all in what Dell is trying to do...
    thats fine but idk if u pass on someone of bclemore's talent, very jason richardson like, but ur prob right.

the same thing that would happen to him if we got stauskas.
    Stauskas isn't nba starter ready where I don't think mclemore can go backwards he needs to start now. If something like that deal would go through I would like squeeze something of a first out of it to then flip the first & Gordon for a healthy vet

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Stauskas has been POOP

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Stauskas has been POOP
    THE UPSIDE

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I think the trade would be more centered around freeing up some cap space for the summer. If you could pick up a good, young talented player in the deal I think that makes sense. He's not making anything. You can spend Ryno's money on other players.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    THE UPSIDE
    I thought him lacking upside was the problem

Would be interesting. If you could flip Ryno for a good prospect plus a 2016 first rounder that wasn't lottery protected then between the increased cap space, their pick, our pick and Gordon's massive expiring contract you would be loaded for bear next year. You'd have the assets to swing major deals and bring in one or maybe two really good players who fit the roster.

Banned
    Some dude on ESPN has us giving up Anderson and Asik for Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...kevin-love-nba

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Some dude on ESPN has us giving up Anderson and Asik for Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...kevin-love-nba

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Haberstroh View Post
    Cavaliers get: PF Ryan Anderson and C Omer Asik
    New Orleans Pelicans get: PF Kevin Love and C Tristan Thompson
    See the trade

Why the Cavs would do it: This is my favorite trade of all. Anderson is Love lite -- an elite stretch-4 who doesn't give you much defensively. The good thing is that Asik can cover those mistakes. The Cavs would be taking a bit of a risk here with Asik being an unrestricted free agent this summer, but it's hard to pass up on a defensive talent like Asik. Under the right system, he can instantly anchor a top-10 defense.

Why the Pelicans would do it: The Pelicans have searched for another star to pair with Anthony Davis, and it's clear that Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon aren't enough to push them safely into the playoff picture. The Pelicans need to leverage their youth and play up-tempo basketball, which fits perfectly into Love's skill set as a defensive rebounder who can ignite a fast break. And then there's this: The Pelicans have been better with Davis on and Asik off (plus-5.6 net rating) than the two of them together (plus-0.8 net rating). Though New Orleans might not be the ideal market for Love, playing next to a generational young talent like Davis may be enough to sign him long term.
    Here's an excerpt from the larger article.

So trade for a guy who plays the same position as our best player and love can't play c and Thompson at center really? Lol this guy just wants to get the cavs in the playoffs and a ship it's dumb

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by notime View Post
    So trade for a guy who plays the same position as our best player and love can't play c and Thompson at center really? Lol this guy just wants to get the cavs in the playoffs and a ship it's dumb
    It's not that crazy. If you think Asik is gonna demand more than say, Gortat did. You can always recruit a third team to take on Love and reroute him with Gordon. I mean it is Kevin Love after all. What if I told you could trade Asik, Anderson, and Gordon and get back Victor Oladipo/Tristan Thompson/Tobias Harris/Channing Frye....

No way it happens Orlando would never do that just for Kevin love who hasn't exactly been lighting it up and once again we dnt have a reliable center so we're back where we were before Asik

lol would i trade ryno and asik for another top 10 player? Yes, this is a no brainer, i don't care if AD and Love and both PF's, u can make it work lol.

We dont need another Shooting Guard. And I'd wait to see how Quincy plays before we give up anything for a SF

Thread Information