Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Giving Monty some luv

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We will lose tonight, and it will be the same bipolar crap as every game night. Calling it.
    Well I think youre wrong already cause we dont play tonight

we can start giving him love when we arent so dam inconsistent night in and night out.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Lol

Go 7-3
    Or 6-4
    We need three to four wins in a row.

W W W L W W L W W W....

Until we get to league average defense I don't like Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I played basketball for a coach like that; the angry, scowling, yelling coach. It's not always, or even often, the best way to get the most out of players.
    I don't think its for every player either. But younger ones that have been in the league for 4 or 5 years are prime candidates. They want direction. Especially ones that have never tasted team success. I'm not saying he needs to yell and punch people in the face. There are 1,000 ways to be much more stern than what mostly I've seen. Monty has done it on occasion. Like when he had to be held back for going after Gordon. It's in him.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    We will lose tonight, and it will be the same bipolar crap as every game night. Calling it.
    we have a game tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    You got me
    We will lose tomorrow night for sure. I thought we had a back to back for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Until we get to league average defense I don't like Monty.
    If we get to current league average, wouldn't we be pushing the average up therefore still being below average?

Think about it

I think coaching is the least of our problems in the games, I'd say it's just fit of personnel, well maybe that's a little to do with coaching like fit, but it's been discussed before, getting players to check their egos at the door is a hard thing to do.

I think one thing of Monty's coaching style that I don't like, not sure if it's translates to more wins or anything but just his motivating the players, they play hard for him but they often times feel like they're not fired up or aggressive enough. I'm wondering if that has to do with his motivation skills and if that also has anything to do with how he conducts himself on the court (though he's far and away above Bscott), like not getting fired up and getting Ts and what not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by pelifanatic View Post
    Its funny how we are quick to criticize Monty when the Pelicans lose but show him no love when the Pelicans finally win...
    but anyway, lasr night was a good game by the players and the coaching staff
    You don't praise a coach that can only win a game every other time.

Quote Originally Posted by jrdbrn View Post
    You don't praise a coach that can only win a game every other time.
    Your avatar makes me think you're very fair minded on this subject Just playing, thought it was funny

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information