Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Pelicans @ Pistons Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    When Tyreke plays like he did the majority of the game(minus a few stretches where he let his decision-making lapse, forced the issue and mis-managed some possessions) he is a legit top 10 player.

This is the sort of game I want to point to to all the people saying "take the good with the bad" when he plays like an idiot and point at the screen and say LOOK! And then shout at them "NO, You don't accept the good with the bad because the first half of THIS game is where this guys ceiling can be, and that ceiling has very little of that bad that so many people want to just let slide about this guy.
    Tyreke isn't, shouldn't be mentioned, and never will be a top 10 player. NEVER
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I am shocked that you would say that. SHOCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Coolio and Beatle Juice (from Howard Stern) had a love child and his name was Al Faruq.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-15-2015 at 11:14 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I am shocked that you would say that. SHOCKED!
    Name the top 10 players in the NBA and then tell me who he replaces. I'll wait. It's not even a hate thing. It's a realism thing. There is only 1 player in a Pels uniform that has a top 10 future. It ain't Reke

Name the top 10 players in the NBA and then tell me who he replaces. I'll wait. It's not even a hate thing. It's a realism thing. There is only 1 player in a Pels uniform that has a top 10 future. It ain't Reke
    I am surprised this is even being discussed. Evans a top 10 player in the NBA? Not a chance.

Pelicans @ Pistons Game Thread

I don't think the comment was that Tyreke WAS a top 10 player. It was that if he played at his peak like last night he WOULD be a top 10 player. It's hard to argue that if Tyreke could continually do that, that he wouldn't be viewed at that high of a level.

Now will he ever be able to do that? Doubtful.

I've been in many of late night arguments staying the case at how bad Evans has played compared to how many on this board view him this year. But if could ever the way he played the game the way he did the first half of the game last night - minus a couple possessions - I would find it hard to not consider him elite at his position. When he plays smarter, looks for others, plays within the team and doesn't force the issue he is an incredible talent. The problem has been that the overwhelming majority of games he doesn't put all of that together and what we get is a frustrating mish mash of a player that can just as easily kill your chance at a win.

Member since 12 and not picking up on Eman's wit and sarcasm? C'mon man!

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Loving the posts from Q-Pon, Ryno and EJ on Twitter about last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Loving the posts from Q-Pon, Ryno and EJ on Twitter about last night.
    Post here plz??

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    Post here plz??
    I'm not a twatter either but they are all on the home page of this site.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just poking fun.

Thread Information