Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hassan Whiteside

Hassan Whiteside

This is someone I really wanted a couple of years ago before he disappeared until now. I always thought he would be similar to Javale MaGee but be even better. He has looked like a terror for the Heat since he has been playing. I mainly wanted him because of what I thought him and Davis would do together. He really would be a perfect fit here. I remeber tweeting him to call the Pelicans and come play here haha. Wei never thought he would be a huge offensive threat but knew with some added weight and the right teaching to refine his technique he could be a beast. Looks like the Heat got a very good player only getting better.

4 games.
    Let's see what he does by the end of the season.

I was high on him too.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    4 games.
    Let's see what he does by the end of the season.

I was high on him too.
    Yea I'm not saying he doesn't fall flat on his face but I doubt it. Tbis is exactly what I thought he would do. You just can't teach length and shot blocking. He had all the tools to be great just needed to be coached up and put on weight with strength. He looks like he will be around for a while. Would have loved him next to AD. That length and shot blocking between the 2 would be scary.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Yea I'm not saying he doesn't fall flat on his face but I doubt it. Tbis is exactly what I thought he would do. You just can't teach length and shot blocking. He had all the tools to be great just needed to be coached up and put on weight with strength. He looks like he will be around for a while. Would have loved him next to AD. That length and shot blocking between the 2 would be scary.
    Apparently his agent rang 'every' team in the NBA and only Miami gave him a chance.
    I wonder?

yeah hes playing with a chip on his shoulder, read a comment around doc and the clippers ignoring/passing on him or something along those lines. hopefully he keeps it up, always good to see "outside" potential do well.

This kid is a damn freak! Dominating again tonight. This one really bothers me because I really thought he could be great and wanted that pairing of him and Davis so damn bad.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This kid is a damn freak! Dominating again tonight. This one really bothers me because I really thought he could be great and wanted that pairing of him and Davis so damn bad.
    SO has it been you hyping him the whole time since he came out? He was always one of those guys that I literally only knew because someone on here was hyping him, no one else knew who I was talking about when I'd bring him up.

Talking about Heat players, it seemed like Wade was left for dead by LBJ, and here he is, carrying that team with Bosh, and the sub-stars that Riley signed to replace LBJ.

Good to see them doing well in spite of all the problems they have seen.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Never heard of him.

I thought someone bumped an old thread or something.

man he has been ballin lately wow.

People here bought this dudes name up every year and now he's balling. Funny to see. Small sample size though.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    People here bought this dudes name up every year and now he's balling. Funny to see. Small sample size though.
    Dell should just come on here and make a poll for roster decisions lol.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    What has he been doing lately? I know he's with the Heat but he's really playing well?

Always remember hearing how this kid had so much potential to be phenomenal. I thought he left college way too early. For someone coming out of a school like Marshall in his freshman year; always thought it was really risky.

Banned
    This guy won me a boatload of money on draft kings the past week.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    man he has been ballin lately wow.
    But who is he even? He's some nobody from nowhere. And I never spent a length of time talking him up when he came outta Marshall

What? Where did Marshall come from?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    But who is he even? He's some nobody from nowhere. And I never spent a length of time talking him up when he came outta Marshall

What? Where did Marshall come from?
    I'm surprised you haven't heard of him. There used to be a guy, eh I can't remember his name, used to beat the Whiteside drum quite a bit on this board. You've been around for awhile, I would think you would have remembered...

I didn't beat the drum that much!

Uh. Which is what I'm sure whoever that guy is would say. But I have no idea who that might be.

Sounds handsome though.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    What has he been doing lately? I know he's with the Heat but he's really playing well?

Always remember hearing how this kid had so much potential to be phenomenal. I thought he left college way too early. For someone coming out of a school like Marshall in his freshman year; always thought it was really risky.
    I have watched just about everygame on league pass since I knew he would be playing. He looks like Anthony Davis is playing for the Heat without the mid range jumper. No kidding at all and it mite be a small sample size but this kid has definitely improved. He looks like he worked on and improved everything from strength to technique to play at what his potential was. It mite be a small sample size but from what I have seen he's not leaving the NBA anytime soon and just made himself some serious $. He was probably living in an aparment to finally getting a shot on a team only to sign a new contract when it's due and get a house in south beach on the water. He is playing that good and with his skill set I don't see it being a fluke. He's basically a better Javale MaGee just not a bonehead which without the bonehead is a great player haha.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 01-14-2015 at 04:57 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Yea this kid is a beast!
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

kids got 7 blocks against the bulls right now, and still the 4th qtr to play

HMMMMM
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

No way Miami lets this kid go now. He found a home. Hope he keeps his ambition to get better.

Bout to have a triple double vs the Bulls front court.

13 12 and 8

That's some AD ****.

Why did 29 teams sleep on him?

Thread Information