Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Hassan Whiteside

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I told u and Aussie this like 17 times and no one listens lmao.
    No one listened to you because what you were saying is wrong. He isn't an UFA next year. Miami has a QA to make him a RFA. From that point it gets real muddy about how much someone else will offer him vs how much cap can be cleared for Miami to resign him because they can match anything up to the full MLE already and you better believe they will if someone does.

Baring some insanely drastic moves to our roster we simply aren't a player for him at all which is what my main point is.

U don't consider a 95 defensive rating good? I think thats #1 in the league actually.
    Where are you seeing that? NBA.com has his Def RTG at 101, OFF RTG at 103.

EDIT: I guess you got it from BBall Reference? I never realized how big a of a disparity the two places calculations can swing. One place has him at DRTG-95, ORTG-118 while the other has 101 and 103 respectively.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 02-01-2015 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Where are you seeing that? NBA.com has his Def RTG at 101, OFF RTG at 103.

EDIT: I guess you got it from BBall Reference? I never realized how big a of a disparity the two places calculations can swing. One place has him at DRTG-95, ORTG-118 while the other has 101 and 103 respectively.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...whiteha01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No one listened to you because what you were saying is wrong. He isn't an UFA next year. Miami has a QA to make him a RFA. From that point it gets real muddy about how much someone else will offer him vs how much cap can be cleared for Miami to resign him because they can match anything up to the full MLE already and you better believe they will if someone does.

Baring some insanely drastic moves to our roster we simply aren't a player for him at all which is what my main point is.
    already told u, AD gonna be like yo, HASSAN! You should play here with me, we are #1 and #2 all time NCAA shot blockers, we should be buddies!

lol oh boy I am not.
    So, you think he will own Asik, yet in your next post basically acknowledge you haven't watched him?

I am not saying his box score stats are fools gold, but let's hold off on crowning the guy this soon. Lets at least watch him a few times first.
    @mcnamara247

already told u, AD gonna be like yo, HASSAN! You should play here with me, we are #1 and #2 all time NCAA shot blockers, we should be buddies!
    Can't tell if serious or troll. . . .

Can't tell if serious or troll. . . .
    little of both.

little of both.
    That scares me most of all.

That scares me most of all.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Hassan is going to be guarding, AD any time they're on the court, I'm sure of it.

I watched his triple double game, which was very impressive, but the touch he's shown is the most impressive/surprising part of his game. To have a guy come out of nowhere like that and rack up blocks and rebounds is one thing, just his length will let him do most of that; but having some of the offensive skill he has shown isn't something I was expecting from such an unknown player.

I mean look at this move. http://streamable.com/898. He does travel but it's still a nice looking move.

Rather keep Ajinca over Asik.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by PhilJFry View Post
    I watched his triple double game, which was very impressive, but the touch he's shown is the most impressive/surprising part of his game. To have a guy come out of nowhere like that and rack up blocks and rebounds is one thing, just his length will let him do most of that; but having some of the offensive skill he has shown isn't something I was expecting from such an unknown player.

I mean look at this move. http://streamable.com/898. He does travel but it's still a nice looking move.
    I have seen him three times and I have liked what I saw. I don't know if he is on scouting reports yet or if teams are playing Miami that hard, but nonetheless impressive. He is playing with a chip on his shoulder and with a ton of energy right now. Another thing that might sustain, might now.

Either way, I am looking forward to seeing him against us and following him for the rest of the year. If he becomes another DeAndre Jordan or Drummond, it will be unlike anything I can remember. And that is what he is playing like right now.

Yeah Michael I was watching today and I was very impressed again with him. Like I said way earlier in the thread, we will see how long he can sustain this success. If he sustains it go after him. I was watching during the 12 block performance as well and he was very impressive in that game would like to know what his wingspan is because he has some really long arms.

I think Christmas last year Hassan received some Moses Malone documentaries

The highlights of the triple double game is on youtube.

His highlights against Boston, I don't even.

You'd have to say he looks like one of the best post players in the entire leeg.

Perth Hornet you are right. Also a triple double against one of the best frontcourts in the game against Chicago.

Banned

Off Topic

Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    Perth Hornet you are right. Also a triple double against one of the best frontcourts in the game against Chicago.
    I just traded MKG for him in a sim dynasty league... so let's hope he keeps it up!

Banned
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...315-story.html

Heat not allowed to extend Whiteside, will be become unrestricted free agent in '16

Thread Information