Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Bye Austin

Quote Originally Posted by dleboeuf84 View Post
    Who did you want at 10? Myers Leonard?
    Lamb or TJ

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    Probably because Doc is not the GM.
    Pretty sure he is the head of basketball ops.

You guys are crazy. I for one am going to miss Rivers very much. Nobody got my rebounds in freestyle practice mode on 2k15 faster than him!

Funnily enough, 'Rivers' by Passenger is one of my all time favourite songs

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    You guys are crazy. I for one am going to miss Rivers very much. Nobody got my rebounds in freestyle practice mode on 2k15 faster than him!
    I'm with you here. He is pretty good in 2k... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    I'm with you here. He is pretty good in 2k... LOL
    Man he was lethal on the break for the lob! Lol. I was so happy to see that jimmer to Austin lob in real life, I've done that so many times on the game.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Like I said, you could throw a dart at the draft board and find someone who would have been more productive than Rivers. He was flat out awful, horrible, and terrible.
    Deflecting. That draft class has been very sub-par after 9.

Why can't we just wish the kid well and let it be, we all know that he didn't live up to expectations, but its time to move on ... GOOD LUCK AUSTIN.

I am still very curious to see how all this plays out, i know if these trades go down as they are being projected we will still have an open roster spot, so i am dying see the final results

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Deflecting. That draft class has been very sub-par after 9.
    Subpar is much better than what Rivers brought the team.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Subpar is much better than what Rivers brought the team.
    Meh, agree to disagree. Any 19 y/o with know question marks coming out of college will be hit or miss. These guys nowadays leave after 1 or 2 years and haven't even grown into their own bodies. Not everyone is Kobe or LBJ or AD. For everyone of those you get 20-30 guys who never meet their potential.

After all those years in AAU, high school, and having coach K in college one year, nobody saw that shot and said "oh H**L no!" Thats what did him in.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    After all those years in AAU, high school, and having coach K in college one year, nobody saw that shot and said "oh H**L no!" Thats what did him in.
    dat shot is one of the worst for a shooter of awl thyme

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Who here would be legitimately surprised if he goes on to post inflated numbers now? Like have a 30 point night or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Who here would be legitimately surprised if he goes on to post inflated numbers now? Like have a 30 point night or something.
    I would.

I would be surprised if he got 30 minutes ever again, let alone 30 points
    @mcnamara247

It feels good not to have to defend his ineptness anymore.

All-Star
    Has this deal actually gone through? Is it a for sure, done deal?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    f
    Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Has this deal actually gone through? Is it a for sure, done deal?
    This is where I'm at. One source says he's going to Boston. The other says the Clippers. Yet I haven't heard squat about what the Clippers would possibly give up for him.

Outside of the spelling, I approve of this freaking thread. Knew this dude would be a bust as the 10th pick. Said he was a combo guard off the bench at best. Overrated talent who got picked because Demps made a foolish mistake. Has been terrible since day one and thankfully he's finally off the roster. Late 1st talent at best. At best. He was so bad, he basically ruined draft night even though we landed AD!!! How terrible is that? I knew he was a horrible pick and it sucks to see him steal money from this team. Out of all the guys drafted, he is 42nd in total win shares with 0.1. Forty-one guys drafted in the same year have more total win shares than this clown including Darius Miller who was drafted in the 2nd round that same year. In 2 1/2 years he valued himself to around $160,000 while making so much more as a lottery pick. Demps could have thrown a dart at the draft board and found someone more productive than this wonderchild.

One of the best things about him being traded in disgrace is his fanboys who are sulking wondering what went wrong with him. They refused to see all the flaws in his game before he was drafted and some still are in denial. Good riddance.

lol, you're the best

Quote Originally Posted by dleboeuf84 View Post
    Go back and look at picks 11-50. who's better? Draymond Green and maybe Sullinger. #35 and #21. players you would've been livid if we had selected them at 10.
    Tyler Zeller.

Evan Fournier.

Jared Sullinger.

Terrance Jones.

Miles Plumlee.

Jeremy Lamb.

Moe Harkless.

Kris Middleton

and almost every other player drafted would have helped us more than Rivers has. Even a freagin Perry Jones seems like a star as compared to the Rivers pick

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Tyler Zeller.

Evan Fournier.

Jared Sullinger.

Terrance Jones.

Miles Plumlee.

Jeremy Lamb.

Moe Harkless.

Kris Middleton

and almost every other player drafted would have helped us more than Rivers has. Even a freagin Perry Jones seems like a star as compared to the Rivers pick
    Most of those guys either aren't with the teams that drafted them, aren't getting minutes, or their teams are actively trying to replace them. the draft is such a crapshoot.

RESPECT DA KID!!! Contributor BigChris504's Avatar
    Jesus am I like the only brother in this world who doesn't think Austin Rivers isn't that bad? I mean if the kid works on his mid range shot he would be at least a solid bench (7th man) type of guy. I mean he's what 22? Come on y'all . He ain't that horrible. I haven't been on here in a while btw so wuddup errbody!

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    Why can't we just wish the kid well and let it be, we all know that he didn't live up to expectations, but its time to move on ... GOOD LUCK AUSTIN.
    Thank you, thank you, and one more time thank you. The guy didn't workout, and he is gone now. No need to keep bashing the kid. People treat Rivers like a ex girlfriend that a guy can't stop talking about because she was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Thank you, thank you, and one more time thank you. The guy didn't workout, and he is gone now. No need to keep bashing the kid. People treat Rivers like a ex girlfriend that a guy can't stop talking about because she was awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree. ..It's not like he didn't try... IMO he was doomed from the start, having to play to early. Austin would've been served better if he could've spent time in the D league. Coming out early was his first mistake . Now Doc has to rock his baby once again. ..

Banned
    He either needs to somehow develop his handles to be a PG or his stroke to be a SG. Right now he is a tweener. He has the ability to do either...I'd try the shooting because PG is too hard in this league. If he can stick around a few years he will mature and maybe have the shot to be a decent 2. Good luck to him.

I have to wonder if Monty knew about the trade before he played Austin vs Memphis. Was he giving him another game or what?
    Last edited by Asteptooslow; 01-11-2015 at 08:25 AM.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChris504 View Post
    Jesus am I like the only brother in this world who doesn't think Austin Rivers isn't that bad? I mean if the kid works on his mid range shot he would be at least a solid bench (7th man) type of guy. I mean he's what 22? Come on y'all . He ain't that horrible. I haven't been on here in a while btw so wuddup errbody!
    I do, I think Monty has given 4 guys(davis, Reke, Ryno, and Jrue)the green light to shoot. Rivers needs to be in a run and shoot style and I think he'd do well. I think Monty took the alpha male out of his game and tried to make him a complimentary player. I wanted Rivers because I wanted the run and gun attack style like Reke but I don't think Monty gave him the chance. Hindsight I wished we would have spent whatever it took to move up any spots to grab Drummond Liliard or even Barnes especially if that is who they wanted.

Thread Information