Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye Austin

Bye Austin

BYE lol They finally admit the pick a quasibust. No knock on Austin as a player. Love his commitment. But the 10th pick in the draft?

Now part of the Qpon deal. Looks like they are replacing Salmons with Rivers

Wowwww.... Good luck lil homie.

So just rivers? we keep salmons and russ?

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Sometimes trades really work out well and other times, they are more an admission of a mistake....it's pretty cool when the latter becomes the former....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

"I go so hard, I go so mean... I'm so NEW ORLEANS" - Lil' Wayne
    "We not stopping at no stores man ! We staying on the gas !" - Tyreke Evans

I think (and hope) a change of scenery will do him well.

Outside of the spelling, I approve of this freaking thread. Knew this dude would be a bust as the 10th pick. Said he was a combo guard off the bench at best. Overrated talent who got picked because Demps made a foolish mistake. Has been terrible since day one and thankfully he's finally off the roster. Late 1st talent at best. At best. He was so bad, he basically ruined draft night even though we landed AD!!! How terrible is that? I knew he was a horrible pick and it sucks to see him steal money from this team. Out of all the guys drafted, he is 42nd in total win shares with 0.1. Forty-one guys drafted in the same year have more total win shares than this clown including Darius Miller who was drafted in the 2nd round that same year. In 2 1/2 years he valued himself to around $160,000 while making so much more as a lottery pick. Demps could have thrown a dart at the draft board and found someone more productive than this wonderchild.

One of the best things about him being traded in disgrace is his fanboys who are sulking wondering what went wrong with him. They refused to see all the flaws in his game before he was drafted and some still are in denial. Good riddance.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar

Pelicans deal Austin Rivers to Celtics

He's part of a 3 team trade. We get Quincy Pondexer in return.

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12146339&src=desktop&rand=ref~%7B"ref"%3A"http%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FvD11xjSNbW"%7D&ex_cid=sportscenterTW

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Outside of the spelling, I approve of this freaking thread. Knew this dude would be a bust as the 10th pick. Said he was a combo guard off the bench at best. Overrated talent who got picked because Demps made a foolish mistake. Has been terrible since day one and thankfully he's finally off the roster. Late 1st talent at best. At best. He was so bad, he basically ruined draft night even though we landed AD!!! How terrible is that? I knew he was a horrible pick and it sucks to see him steal money from this team. Out of all the guys drafted, he is 42nd in total win shares with 0.1. Forty-one guys drafted in the same year have more total win shares than this clown including Darius Miller who was drafted in the 2nd round that same year. In 2 1/2 years he valued himself to around $160,000 while making so much more as a lottery pick. Demps could have thrown a dart at the draft board and found someone more productive than this wonderchild.

One of the best things about him being traded in disgrace is his fanboys who are sulking wondering what went wrong with him. They refused to see all the flaws in his game before he was drafted and some still are in denial. Good riddance.
    Did Austin steal your car or something? That's a lot of emotion for a 10th man

Austins time in NOLA had run out. He was given a red light against grizzlies last night after dnp game before. Can't be SG because he can't shoot and can't be a PG because of lack of vision. Wish him luck with change of scenery. Suspect he was in danger of becoming a distraction to team based on his body language on bench, bro tweets and statements made after option declined. After have said that its ironic that he may be eligible to play against the Pelicans next game. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a career night!
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Did Austin steal your car or something? That's a lot of emotion for a 10th man

No he just ruined draft night for me even after we drafted Anthony Davis. I turned the TV off right then.

Actually, he did nothing wrong. This is all on Demps and whoever else in the organization supported drafting him. Rivers did nothing wrong. This is all on the organization which has proven to be mediocre even with a top 5 player in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    No he just ruined draft night for me even after we drafted Anthony Davis. I turned the TV off right then.

Actually, he did nothing wrong. This is all on Demps and whoever else in the organization supported drafting him. Rivers did nothing wrong. This is all on the organization which has proven to be mediocre even with a top 5 player in the league.
    I still think he was drafted mainly because of his relationship with Monty, which is a stupid reason to waste a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I still think he was drafted mainly because of his relationship with Monty, which is a stupid reason to waste a pick.

Especially a top 10 pick which the team ended up trading just to get Pondexter who's a marginal player.

I Was Right!

I told you so
    I told you so
    I told you so
    I told you so

Y'all happy about being right or something?

Yea I called this day of, I said Lamb or TJ, both would have been better.

I pulled for him while he was here, I'm just glad he's gone.

Celtics could be perfect situation for Rivers given family history and rebuild. Pressure to perform will be a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Yea I called this day of, I said Lamb or TJ, both would have been better.
    Serious inquiry, this is in no way a smart-*** question: If you're so good at talent evaluation, why aren't you an NBA GM making the kind of coin that NBA GM's make? Seems a waste of your talent to be making less money than Demps (which I assume you are, heck, most of us normal folk make less $$ than NBA executives). Sure, you wouldn't start out as a GM, but with your eye for talent it wouldn't take you THAT long to sit in the Hot Seat as an NBA General Manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Serious inquiry, this is in no way a smart-*** question: If you're so good at talent evaluation, why aren't you an NBA GM making the kind of coin that NBA GM's make? Seems a waste of your talent to be making less money than Demps (which I assume you are, heck, most of us normal folk make less $$ than NBA executives). Sure, you wouldn't start out as a GM, but with your eye for talent it wouldn't take you THAT long to sit in the Hot Seat as an NBA General Manager.
    Get over yourself. Doesn't take a genius to see that Rivers would fail as a 10th pick. Too many flaws to be an immediate contributor.

I really hope this change of scenario forced upon him will make him reconsider some aspects of his game. Specifically i'm referring to his shooting technique, which is what holds him back the most. The prolonged air time, the lack of reedom, fluidity to let the energy flow from his feet to his arms and the low release point are all dreadfull habits for the consistency of a shooter. I doubt strongly he would have ever understood that while on this team, sticking to a motion proper of players with a superior physical skillset and better abilities with the ball. Good riddance and free Jimmer, who will Hopefully get used to NBA requirements in speed of tought and stamina.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Y'all happy about being right or something?
    Only thing that matters is being able to say "I told you so."

Self-gratification is worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox.

Oh, I'm over myself well enough. Two things: 1) why aren't you an NBA GM, and 2) people make mistakes. Don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Only thing that matters is being able to say "I told you so."

Self-gratification is worth more than all the gold in Fort Knox.
    The thing is no one besides Dell/Monty and the biggest Pels homers seemed to like Rivers as a prospect, actually most everything about him prior and after the draft was saying how overrated he was. We probably drafted him because he was tight with Monty

I said back then Terrence Jones was bpa..

Thread Information