Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who will we use the MLE on?

Who will we use the MLE on?

basically we can use a 4 year 23.3 million dollars on someone, who do u think it will be? Gerald Green will go for more than this right?

It really depends. I could see us getting him if we offer the full MLE. He is similar to Morrow and Morrow is a year younger. He got just over 3m a year.

Problem is we just simply don't know with the way the cap will be going teams might be throwing money around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It really depends. I could see us getting him if we offer the full MLE. He is similar to Morrow and Morrow is a year younger. He got just over 3m a year.

Problem is we just simply don't know with the way the cap will be going teams might be throwing money around.
    well if we went after chris copeland i could def seeing us going after green, green shoots the 3 just as well but does a lot more.

DeMarre Carroll is a great fit. Green is likely out of our price range.

Also Green scores 14 a game in 22 minutes, wow!

What's that per36 guru?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

What's that per36 guru?
    off the top of my head? 22.5??

What's that per36 guru?
    just checked, 22.9 actually.

What's that per36 guru?
    also carroll would be an excellent piece! could be had easy for the MLE and he is def a 3 and D, would love him. He is part of why atlanta is doing so well.

Who would have thought Jody Meeks would get higher than the MLE? This is why I just don't know and it's so hard to say. Morrow signed for nearly half the amount as Meeks did. Will Green be more like Morrow or Meeks?

Who knows? Same could be said for Carroll. Truth is we have a few ideas about the type of guys we can go after and offer but we simply don't know what other teams will do. This is another reason I like getting Pondexter. He is insurance in case free agency is insane and people are just throwing money at everyone.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-10-2015 at 07:16 AM.

I think this question is tough to answer now. The easy answer is SF, but if Tyreke plays super-sub and Eric can start effectively (BIG if's) I think we can fill SF cheaply. I'm in the small move boat, I'd love to see a damn staunch backup rim protector to play with Ryno and a stud pass-first backup PG who can knock down 3's at a high clip.

We need some old dudes. Teams don't win in this league without some old, grizzled role players. Specifically an older, pass first point guard in the mold of Jason Kidd's last few years or Andre Miller. Someone who can get the 2nd unit into the offense quickly and help put Tyreke in good situations. Like if Steve Nash wanted to play an extra year or two playing 15-20 minutes. i.e. NOT Rivers.

Geral Green is similar to Morrow In what way? I have to disagree there sir.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Green is way different than Morrow. Green right now is one of the best scorers in the NBA not just 3 point shooters. The past couple of years he has raised his value big time. He has good size and is as athletic as anyone. There will be a team that throws a lot of $ at him for his scoring and probably a team with lots of cap space. If he goes for the mid level I'll be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Geral Green is similar to Morrow In what way? I have to disagree there sir.
    They are shooters that don't add a ton else. They have both bounced between teams until finally figuring out their role. They are both similar in age. I mean go compare Morrow last year to Green. The numbers fall right in line.

There might be slight differences between the numbers, and Green might have slightly better rebounding numbers and a higher usage but really I see it as a close comparison.

Green might get paid a ton more. Honestly the free agency market will be impossible to know this summer.

Yea we won't get green, I'm beginning to doubt we get Carroll, we're probably better off looking at splitting it up between guys like Mike Dunleavy, Kyle Singler, Alonzo Gee, Crowder, Justin Holliday, Chris Copeland, Wesley Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Tayshaun Prince, Jared Dudley, KJ mcdaniels, Dorrell Wright, sual bop butler

Or a guy like Khris Middleton, would be perfect for the MLE.

Also wouldn't mind just throwing the MLE at a backup point with great defense like Beverly or Cory Joseph and just going after one of the cheaper wing guys with the bi annual.

Yea we won't get green, I'm beginning to doubt we get Carroll, we're probably better off looking at splitting it up between guys like Mike Dunleavy, Kyle Singler, Alonzo Gee, Crowder, Justin Holliday, Chris Copeland, Wesley Johnson, Wayne Ellington, Tayshaun Prince, Jared Dudley, KJ mcdaniels, Dorrell Wright, sual bop butler

Or a guy like Khris Middleton, would be perfect for the MLE.

Also wouldn't mind just throwing the MLE at a backup point with great defense like Beverly or Cory Joseph and just going after one of the cheaper wing guys with the bi annual.
    Isn't Middleton just a FA right now?

Isn't Middleton just a FA right now?
    If I'm not mistaken he is a RFA this summer. Bucks can match any offer.

On a side note, if QPon can be a solid player for us this might allow us to instead of look at a SF with the MLE look at backup PG. Use the BAE on Cunningham. Bring back Babbitt and Withey or Ajinca.

We could look at a 2 deep roster of something like

Jrue/Gordon/QPon/AD/Asik

MLE PG (shooter)/Tyreke/Cunn/Ryno/Withey or Ajinca

Behind that we would still have Babbitt, and a couple developmental pieces (our 2nd rounder and maybe bring back Young?)

If I'm not mistaken he is a RFA this summer. Bucks can match any offer.
    I don't think that's true but I could be wrong. If Milwaukee wants to envoke RFA rights they'd have to give him a QO. My understanding is hed sign a qualifying offer if no other teams were interested and be on the team. Again could be wrong as I haven't done a great deal of research.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think that's true but I could be wrong. If Milwaukee wants to envoke RFA rights they'd have to give him a QO. My understanding is hed sign a qualifying offer if no other teams were interested and be on the team. Again could be wrong as I haven't done a great deal of research.

Yes it's true. ..RFA.....

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/milwaukee...ris-middleton/

They have him listed as a RFA. That's what I'm basing it off of. Maybe they have it wrong somehow though?

Banned

They have him listed as a RFA. That's what I'm basing it off of. Maybe they have it wrong somehow though?
    Can you use the MLE to take on a players salary through trade? Can a player sign a new deal after they are traded that makes the non guaranteed part of their old deal go away, and uses the MLE? I'm thinking somebody like Wilson Chandler here.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Can you use the MLE to take on a players salary through trade? Can a player sign a new deal after they are traded that makes the non guaranteed part of their old deal go away, and uses the MLE? I'm thinking somebody like Wilson Chandler here.
    No. It is only allowed to be used to sign a player. The only exception to this is if you have a RFA who signs an offer sheet from another team you are allowed to use the MLE to match the offer. It cannot be combined or used in trades.

How about stretching gordon and signing gasol??? We have qpon now!!!

Who will we use the MLE on?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    How about stretching gordon and signing gasol??? We have qpon now!!!
    Don't think it would clear enough cap that way to get Gasol.

Here is another idea I was looking at if Boston and the Clippers need a 3rd so Boston doesn't have to take back cap. . .

If we offer to pay the 2nd for the Clippers I'm sure they would do this trade. Here's the question: Is Bullock worth a 2nd round pick? He was a 1st just last year.

This would solidify our SF position even more and allow us to focus even more attention on guard depth this summer.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 01-15-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Well here's the deal. Or some of it. He apparently resigned with the Bucks (show's how much we know ) but the break down for next year is as follows assuming he's playing on the QO.

47. What if a restricted free agent has no interest in staying with his original team? Is there any way he can force the issue?

If the player really wants to leave, he can sign his original team's qualifying offer, which constitutes a one-year contract at a scale salary. He must then play with his original team for one season, and following that season he will become a free agent again. If he meets the tenure requirement he will be an unrestricted free agent, and then can sign with any other team.

This strategy typically would not be effective for players who would continue to be subject to restricted free agency. For example, if a second round pick completes a two-year contract, he will be a restricted free agent at the end of his second year. But if he accepts his qualifying offer and plays an additional season with his previous team, he would be a three-year veteran the following summer and therefore still subject to restricted free agency.

Thread Information