Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Q-Pon and family already unhappy about NOLA?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Doesn't want to be here or really loved his current situation?

I read it as the latter.

I love my job and where I live now. If they traded me elsewhere, I would be sad too. It would have nothing to do with the new city.
    *city you have previously worked in

We can't continue to be sensitive about the Eric Gordon thing when even he seems pretty happy to be here.

How was he supposed to react?????

"Uh, Sweet! I ******* hate Memphis and I can't wait to move my whole family and life again and I DON''T wanna talk to my agent because I normally just have reporters tell me I have to move out of the blue and roll with it!"

I can't believe this is a thread. Looks like one person misinterpreted the tweet and the other 15 of us are trying to explain it to him.

Nothing to see here.
    @mcnamara247

This board is so quick to "group think" against anything not considered a positive.

I take this quote as a negative, and why wouldn't anyone?

The fact that his family is "panicking" about moving to a city that is NOT NEW, that they ALREADY LIVED in, means only 1 thing to me - They didn't like it. Or at least, they like Memphis more. Would anyone's family "panic" if your loved one was going back to some place they had already been and enjoyed?

Second fact - Q-pon was here, and was basically run off without getting a chance. I would assume that Monty played at least a small part in that, as obviously did Dell. Not only that, be he had much greater success with a new coach and a new system. Why would anyone be HAPPY or even NEUTRAL to get sent back (against your knowledge or wishes) to an organization that had already gotten rid of you one time (obviously was not valued)

I agree there is nothing to see here. You have a player getting sent back to a team that had already traded him away. This is no big deal, however, you guys are making this seem like he is not unhappy. Get real. I don't have a problem with him being originally unhappy, and I certainly don't blame him. All of us would INITIALLY feel the same way.

You know you can't NOT want to be in N.O... your life will be a living hell if you give off the slightest inkling that you don't want to live in NO.

As they say... if you love New Orleans... New Orleans will love you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongzilla View Post
    This board is so quick to "group think" against anything not considered a positive.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Omg we are so screwed. Esp if he doesn't want to beat hear. This could turn into a Sixer Kirilenko situation where he will getting suspend

The fact that his family is "panicking" about moving to a city that is NOT NEW, that they ALREADY LIVED in, means only 1 thing to me - They didn't like it. Or at least, they like Memphis more. Would anyone's family "panic" if your loved one was going back to some place they had already been and enjoyed?

Second fact - Q-pon was here, and was basically run off without getting a chance. I would assume that Monty played at least a small part in that, as obviously did Dell. Not only that, be he had much greater success with a new coach and a new system. Why would anyone be HAPPY or even NEUTRAL to get sent back (against your knowledge or wishes) to an organization that had already gotten rid of you one time (obviously was not valued)

I agree there is nothing to see here. You have a player getting sent back to a team that had already traded him away. This is no big deal, however, you guys are making this seem like he is not unhappy. Get real. I don't have a problem with him being originally unhappy, and I certainly don't blame him. All of us would INITIALLY feel the same way.
    This is an example of you reading something and then adding in your own assumptions. Nowhere in the tweet does it say that.

It says panicking. Example - I read it as family heard all this stuff but can't confirm it anywhere and are panicking to get more info. Also, it is clear that it is the writer's own word about the situation, not a family quote.

If you look at the tweet and don't add in any assumptions, I don't see how this is cause for concern at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    He'll get over it. Memphis are contenders. Anyone would be upset hello!!!!
    Give it a rest. He's gonna love Nola because we are on the rise. He'll contribute and being on a team with AD is a privilege. I think it might be more of an issue with Monty or Dell. Qpon is going to get a shot to help this team move towards the playoffs. Play defense. That's all I can say.

Did I miss us being on the rise? When did that start?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    When we won 1 game in a row.

Everything you said in this post may or may not be correct. I think the point others are making is you can't say for certain Pondexter feelings based on those tweets. I can see how based on your points you can assume Quincy wouldn't want to come back however why not just wait until we have more info to base it on other than a tweet from a "source" to gauge his "feelings". Like others have pointed out finding out anything like many players do has a negative shock to it automatically it isn't necessarily the news itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    he was here before.. maybe he had bad relations with Monty or the coaching staff here.. and maybe thats why he was booted?? Probably holds grudges
    Yea that's it , that's why they would initiate a trade to get him back because they had bad relations with a player smh , also talking to his agent obviously he's wanting to find out what was going on its crazy how some of you can make anything negative I didn't get anything negative out of any of that once so ever !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    We ARE on the rise. We will win 4 in a row says my crystal ball. Refer back to this post if I am proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    We ARE on the rise. We will win 4 in a row says my crystal ball. Refer back to this post if I am proven wrong.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    ^awesome

Anyone who believes someone can hate NOLA must hate NOLA themselves. It's the only possible explanation.

I still can't believe we traded AR and Russ for Quincy

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    I still can't believe we traded AR and Russ for Quincy
    Are you sure that's what really happened?

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Anyone who believes someone can hate NOLA must hate NOLA themselves. It's the only possible explanation.
    ehhhhh debatable.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Say that after getting robbed in your driveway going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    ehhhhh debatable.
    I wish it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Say that after getting robbed in your driveway going to work.
    What if I called my agent instead? How would that look?

I totally agree its a big reason I stay off all message boards... Heck look at his twitter he just posted a picture from the Grizz game. He hasnt given up home on remaining in memphis and if you cant draw that conclusion your blinded by pierre's beak!

AKA St. David

Nobody wants someone else to make a decision for them to uproot their family, especially to go from first to worst in their division. I would not expect his first reaction to strangers breaking that news be gratitude or joy. The trade isn't even official yet, so why complain if the dude wants to verify with his agent before putting his foot in his mouth. If he expresses relief or joy to be leaving Memphis then the trade falls through, he would be toast....
    That said, being on Twitter is stupid unless you are getting paid to be followed. A million vultures are out there ready to pounce on the slightest mis-step or perceived slight to anyone.

Thread Information