Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-Pon Back To New Orleans?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I miss the days where we didn't hear about the trade until it was fully completed. These little drops of info are killing me!

I should be enjoying this win!
    Just close the cpu/phone and rewatch that awesome win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Don't want to move Russ for Q-Pon. If that's the deal, I'm hating it. Seems like a desperation move.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    Could it be Rivers is on the move?
    I hope so.....

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Don't want to move Russ for Q-Pon. If that's the deal, I'm hating it. Seems like a desperation move.
    I'll lose faith in demps if that's the case. I don't value smith that highly but it makes no sense to give him away when we're doing Memphis a favor.

Russ is not ready for prime time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Asik/ Ajinca/ Withey
    Davis/ Anderson
    C-ham/ Pondexter
    Gordon/ Evans
    Holiday/ Ferdette
    Swap Ajinca and Withey and make sure Evans controls 70% of ball handling duties with Fredette on the court and I am on board with that 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    ummmmmmm..............

Sharpening pitchfork...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Salmons and Rivers for Q-Pon, I'm down. But adding Russ? I don't wanna see him turn into someone else's Patrick Beverley.

I've been telling you guys this for the last 2 years now, Demps doesn't understand value. He's the kid that everyone wants to trade Halloween candy with.

Kind of shocking because the Lewis for Oak and Ariza was so solid but since then we've given up more value in almost every trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    I've been telling you guys this for the last 2 years now, Demps doesn't understand value. He's the kid that everyone wants to trade Halloween candy with.
    I hope there is more to this trade that hasn't been leaked yet because I agree and this would just continue that belief.

Given Dell's history I suspect there is more to come. Hopefully.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

If rivers missed todays game along with last game, 100% his being traded.. but he played today so i doubt it, know it doesn't mean much but considering this deal seemed to be progressing during the game, why would he play? I guess Prince played today aswell

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    If rivers missed todays game along with last game, 100% his being traded.. but he played today so i doubt it, know it doesn't mean much but considering this deal seemed to be progressing during the game, why would he play? I guess Prince played today aswell
    Ok. Who hacked Pantazis's account? This post is not nearly angry enough or anti-Tyreke

I'm in complete shock people are upset about losing Russ smith. When did we get all these mad ant fans?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Ok. Who hacked Pantazis's account? This post is not nearly angry enough or anti-Tyreke
    im just happy we are making a trade, something to be excited about for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    Just curious, how have you been telling us this for two years when you've been on this forum for 8 months? Serious question, not trying to be a *******.

All the rumors we've heard lately are making me very nervous. First replacing Monty and Demps with Avery and Dumars. Now trading Russ or Rivers for Q-Pon. I would hate all of these moves. Why would we want Q-Pon? He's having a bad year. We already have a better backup SF in Cunningham. We lose flexibility in the off-season with this move. I'm really high on Russ and his potential. I don't want Q-Pon, Avery or Dumars to be part of this franchise.

Just curious, how have you been telling us this for two years when you've been on this forum for 8 months? Serious question, not trying to be a *******.

All the rumors we've heard lately are making me very nervous. First replacing Monty and Demps with Avery and Dumars. Now trading Russ or Rivers for Q-Pon. I would hate all of these moves. Why would we want Q-Pon? He's having a bad year. We already have a better backup SF in Cunningham. We lose flexibility in the off-season with this move. I'm really high on Russ and his potential. I don't want Q-Pon, Avery or Dumars to be part of this franchise.
    We don't have a real backup small forward. Dante can play there against most backup small forwards, but neither him nor reke can guard an actual, honest-to-goodness 3. I think if he eats up minutes from unproductive guys it's a win.

Because he is Russ's BFF or brother?

Also, did anyone else notice a trend in the rotations? No more than 3 primary scoring options (until the very end), never less than 3. Always 2 3-point threats on the court. I actually think a little rotation funking with gordon back could do wonders.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

For Beeball Reasons, of course. Pelifan can time travel.

FInally, Q-pon is in a better "NBA standing" than Vasquez, Lopez, Smith, Morrow, etc.. were.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    I'm in complete shock people are upset about losing Russ smith. When did we get all these mad ant fans?
    I don't mind trading Russ smith, hasn't shown me anything that he will be what some of his fans think he will be, I would mind trading Russ Smith to bring back a contract of 4 years, 3.5 million(that increases year to year) that comes with a guy that seems to have hit a ceiling and maybe even regressed a bit.

He has an Ortg of 99 and Drtg of 110 for a combined -11 on 35% from the field and 23% from 3. Change of scenery gambles tend to be on guys coming from teams that seem to do a poor job managing their players, not a championship contender.

I guess I just don't see the logic. And maybe there is more to it so I am not really passing judgement just yet.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-09-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    Welcome to PelicansReport.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information