Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: "Rumor" from Bucher

Our fan base is so desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You do realize, based in your argument, Dumars' resume dwarfs Dell's right.? I'm not saying who's better or worse, but Dumars has had an exponentially better level of success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same exact thing with Avery and Monty. I can't say either GM or coach is better. However both guys has better resumes than the current guys we have.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Same exact thing with Avery and Monty. I can't say either GM or coach is better. However both guys has better resumes than the current guys we have.
    I said that earlier in the thread. You can't discount a guy's accomplishments because you dislike them. Dumars has a ring as a player and GM whereas Avery has a ring as a player and coached a team to the NBA finals
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Lest we forget, Joe Dumars: (please read from bottom to top)

July 11, 2013 Agreed to terms with G Chauncey Billups on a two-year contract.
    July 10, 2013 Signed F Josh Smith to a four-year contract.
    July 11, 2012 Signed F Kyle Singler to a multiyear contract
    June 26, 2012 Traded G Ben Gordon and a future first-round draft choice to Charlotte for G-F Corey Maggette.
    August 3, 2011 Named Lawrence Frank coach.
    July 9, 2009 Signed guard Ben Gordon and forward Charlie Villanueva.
    July 14, 2009 Acquired a future second round draft choice from the Denver Nuggets for guard Arron Afflalo, forward Walter Sharpe and cash considerations.
    August 8, 2009 Signed forwards Austin Daye, DaJuan Summers, and Jonas Jerebko.
    February 27, 2007 G Will Blalock Waived; F Amir Johnson Waived
    June 1, 2003 Fired coach Rick Carlisle.
    Ouch

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Avery would make an excellent coach.

He was Uncle Phil AND The Shredder!

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I said that earlier in the thread. You can't discount a guy's accomplishments because you dislike them. Dumars has a ring as a player and GM whereas Avery has a ring as a player and coached a team to the NBA finals
    That all being said, i agree the duo is probably not the right fit for the team IMO.

Dell has sucked overall, but Dumars was atrocious the last few seasons in Detroit. Just brutal stuff.

But Dell and Monty haven't proven anything for me. I gave Monty more credit than Dell for the playoff season in their first year.

Dell has put together a flawed roster outside of AD. This teams would be bad without AD. That's a reflection on Demps.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The love for all things Louisiana by Pelicans owner Tom Benson and his wife, Gayle, is well-known. That could be why the hot rumor circulating around the league right now is that if Benson decides the team is not meeting expectations and makes changes, he will bring in two Louisiana natives as replacements—former Detroit Pistons GM Joe Dumars and former Nets/Mavericks head coach Avery Johnson.
    Dumars has been traveling overseas and making observational visits to various NBA teams since stepping down from the Pistons last spring after a 14-year run that included six Eastern Conference Finals appearances, two Finals appearances and a championship in 2004. He was born in Shreveport and is a McNeese State alumnus.

Johnson has been working as a television analyst since being fired by the Nets midway through the 2012-13 season. He was born in New Orleans and finished up his college career at Southern University in Baton Rouge.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...e-season-ahead
    Defense attorney: "Objection Your Honor! Pure speculation."

Judge: "Sustained"

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Defense attorney: "Objection Your Honor! Pure speculation."

Judge: "Sustained"
    Exactly... It's Ric Bucher AND it's bleacher report.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Dell has sucked overall, but Dumars was atrocious the last few seasons in Detroit. Just brutal stuff.

But Dell and Monty haven't proven anything for me. I gave Monty more credit than Dell for the playoff season in their first year.

Dell has put together a flawed roster outside of AD. This teams would be bad without AD. That's a reflection on Demps.
    umm.. only person i give credit to is cp3

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    umm.. only person i give credit to is cp3
    CP3 didn't have one of his better seasons though he was still very good. But the defense was still fantastic overall. Okafor was very good that year and great defensively.

Thread Information