Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: #bringinkarl

#bringinkarl

Simple rant , it needs to happen.

First of all , who takes a time out after a broken play , to run the same play lmfao

I'm all for a new coach. But Karl is too old and sick. Find a new love interest and maybe so.

While I don't think the playoffs are the measuring stick for this team this year, they at least need to finish well above .500, right? This team has way too much talent to be sub .500.

If we're not making the playoffs why keep Monty he sucks

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    If we're not making the playoffs why keep Monty he sucks
    We can be much improved this season and still not make the playoffs, because the West is that loaded. I'm not going to hold it against Monty if we finish 10 games above .500 and miss the playoffs because we're in the West. If we finish below .500, though, that's inexcusable.

I want playoffs this year.

This rebuilding crap shouldn't take this long.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    First of all , who takes a time out after a broken play , to run the same play lmfao
    Umm.. it was not the same play

If I remember correctly this is the first year he has had his core and minimal turnover. His first 3 yrs as coach he was reinstalling his offense from the ground up. But I can get how ppl can get impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    Umm.. it was not the same play
    looked so to me

If I remember correctly this is the first year he has had his core and minimal turnover. His first 3 yrs as coach he was reinstalling his offense from the ground up. But I can get how ppl can get impatient.
    Yeh first year his had his core.. and we are about as bad as last year, i don't get how its an excuse, teams like Wizards had a complete roster changeup last year and made a deep run, and Steve Kerr has been coaching for 2 months!

I have wonder how this team would be if Tom was the coach. But i don't dwell on it. It's nothing we can do about it now.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    A new GM. A young coach. strong career assistant's. Two trades for Ryno and Tyreke to bring in actual role players that play both ways. A free agent wing. We can get that over the next 18 months easy.

My philosophy is to hire a new coach, trade tyreke and keep a Jrue/ Gordon backline for the next two years, let Gordon get some confidence in his game, i mean Tyreke is taking up 11 mil a year, if we trade him for junk.. thats a lot of cap room for next

Yeh first year his had his core.. and we are about as bad as last year, i don't get how its an excuse, teams like Wizards had a complete roster changeup last year and made a deep run, and Steve Kerr has been coaching for 2 months!
    Steve Kerr fell into the best situation. No one could have drawn that up. If Im not mistaken his had at least 2 coaches that have head coaching experience.

And we are not as bad as last yr.. and it's not an excuse. Last Year it was around this time of the season we were on a little bit of a roll due to everyone finally being healthy. Unfortunately, that changed in about a week due to more injuries. And i wouldn't call that roster a complete changeup either. Not in comparison to ours. We can not compare oranges to satsumas just because they kindda look the same.

My philosophy is to hire a new coach, trade tyreke and keep a Jrue/ Gordon backline for the next two years, let Gordon get some confidence in his game, i mean Tyreke is taking up 11 mil a year, if we trade him for junk.. thats a lot of cap room for next
    You don't trade him for junk. You trade for fit. Like when Rudy Gas was traded twice for "inferior" players who knew their role.

Tyreke and Anderson are not here to take us to the promised land. They are here to upgrade our talent level and asset base for a moment that should be coming real soon. I truly believe that we can trade them to in two separate 2 for 1 deals that could solve our back line issues. We would maximize our time with Gordon, make a decision on Asik without a gun to our heads, and make a smart play for ADs Pippen with a complete knowledge of who we need and how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    A new GM. A young coach. strong career assistant's. Two trades for Ryno and Tyreke to bring in actual role players that play both ways. A free agent wing. We can get that over the next 18 months easy.
    I do tend to agree with the better assistants..

any philosophy that involves keeping gordon here and waiting for him to get better is a horrible philosophy
    never assume

I do tend to agree with the better assistants..
    Our assistants are like step parents that can't discipline because the kids don't respect them. A bunch of coddling and wait till your father gets home. I can't see any of our assistants laying waste to someone who does his own thing or has own agenda. Those guys can't afford to rock the boat (who will hire them?), it's recipe for disaster.

I want a new coach, but I have never understood the rational of Karl being that coach. I have heard people say that Monty is our Phil Collins and the next guy has to be our Phil Jackson in that analogy. Phil was 44 when he took the Bulls job. He retired from coaching 22 years after taking that job. Karl has 3-4 years of coaching tops.

Pop has spent his whole career with Duncan. Seems to me that if you want a dynasty, you can't keep switching coaches. If/when we fire Monty, we need to get a guy who can be here the next 10-15 years with him.
    @mcnamara247

Seems like some of our fans are waiting for this perfect season in which nobody gets hurt, all our players fit perfectly, etc. in order to properly judge Monty's coaching acumen. That day/season is never coming, folks. There will always be something that Monty will have to deal with, and so far he hasn't given me much confidence he can adapt and succeed through adversity.

A slightly off topic rant, but I've seen this frequently. Interestingly, fans of opposing teams seem largely convinced that Monty is holding us back. Is this a case of them not knowing enough about us, or that their separation gives them more clarity?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I want a new coach, but I have never understood the rational of Karl being that coach. I have heard people say that Monty is our Phil Collins and the next guy has to be our Phil Jackson in that analogy. Phil was 44 when he took the Bulls job. He retired from coaching 22 years after taking that job. Karl has 3-4 years of coaching tops.

Pop has spent his whole career with Duncan. Seems to me that if you want a dynasty, you can't keep switching coaches. If/when we fire Monty, we need to get a guy who can be here the next 10-15 years with him.
    Any names off the top of your head that could fill that role?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp...ug-Collins.jpg

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    A slightly off topic rant, but I've seen this frequently. Interestingly, fans of opposing teams seem largely convinced that Monty is holding us back. Is this a case of them not knowing enough about us, or that their separation gives them more clarity?
    It has been crystal clear since the moment I began following this team. When you've watched teams that have great coaching like Stan Van Gundy and Phil Jackson you call tell the huge difference. It is very simple to recognize for anyone who seen a good amount of superior coaching.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 01-07-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Thread Information