Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Game day: Pelicans vs Hornets 1/7/15

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I guess I'm just confused as to whom the "closing" point guard on this team is supposed to be.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Someone who passes to Anthony Davis.
    And who on our bench does that? No one.. So stop talking in extremes..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I don't understand montys rotations....One guy gets major minutes one might them 0 the next. We are playing Gordon 30+ minutes a game after a injury and missing 21 games....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rotations were nice tonight. Didn't have a problem with them.

If you are going to force the ball to ryno ,,run him off multiple screens. Even if he caught the ball he was moving away from her basket because the defender was over playing him in the pass lane. Really dumb play

Ryno should have been used as a decoy .
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

This team doesn't finish above .500 this year Monty has to go back to his rightful place as an assistant...somewhere else.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I encourage anybody that recorded this game to go back and watch it. Specifically when we were up between 7-13 pts for well over two qtrs. Listen, because you can hear it clearly, how Clifford is talking to his players. Every situation, every player on our team he was giving instructions for what to do. Watch how instantly his players, specifically Zeller, MKG, and Kemba responded to him. Then contrast that with the play of our guards even though Monty is up yelling and screaming. He does not have this entire teams ear. It's pathetic if they let this go on.

This group has no killer instinct. Monty remains a little too low key for me. I think he is a fair coach. Just no fire!!!!! We play down to weaker teams. Terrible lost.

Monty during time out,

"okay here is the pla,n we are going to run a double screen to get Ryan Anderson a 3 point shot."
    Jrue " Won't they expect that I mean he is our best 3 point shooter."
    Monty " No way, I got this"
    4 seconds without an inbound
    Monty " **** time out"
    Monty "Okay new play this time we are going to get Ryan the ball they won't expect it!"
    whole team "SMH"

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    The young folks forget about Brent, and what they do remember him for was his three point shot. I still laugh about that draft night trade between the Clippers and Nuggets. Sure am McDyse got injured and was never the same, but in LA he would have been Blake Griffin before Blake Griffin.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It always easier to see what should've been done after its done. Maybe the play was going to be a fake handoff between him and the inbounder.. Who knows because we could've even get the ball end.

Again chemistry screw up. Babbit needs to start. This team can't take Tyreke and Gordon on the floor at the same time. The players seem to not know the offensive objective of this team. Minutes without AD getting touches is mind boggling and the coach not forcing their hands.

I don't think we don't even practice in bound plays.. That's how poorly we execute them

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    And who on our bench does that? No one.. So stop talking in extremes..

Our best win of the season (IMO) was the only game without Tyreke Evans. AD went off and Jrue looked great and free.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0F3iKUuH5iQ

http://espn.go.com/nba/gamecast?game...re&src=desktop

If we were trade Tyreke, we could get back talent that could contribute to our bench for the future or expirings since we're not going to the playoffs this year.

I'm glad you love to watch the best player in the NBA's growth being stunted by a low IQ ball hog who thinks he's the best player on the team.

Also the play that really erks me

Jrue top of key Bounce bounce bounce..no movement from anyone else

quick pass to a standing there the whole time Gordon which is about 5 feet away. Then Gordon just puts it up.

So you are alright with Gordon getting 30+ minutes last two games after missing 21 games? He is also shooting 7/21 in those two games. The guy looks tired. He isn't in game shape to play that much. Imo it's one of the reason he is missing so many shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    Monty during time out,

"okay here is the pla,n we are going to run a double screen to get Ryan Anderson a 3 point shot."
    Jrue " Won't they expect that I mean he is our best 3 point shooter."
    Monty " No way, I got this"
    4 seconds without an inbound
    Monty " **** time out"
    Monty "Okay new play this time we are going to get Ryan the ball they won't expect it!"
    whole team "SMH"
    This is so funny, because it honestly would not surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    So you are alright with Gordon getting 30+ minutes last two games after missing 21 games? He is also shooting 7/21 in those two games. The guy looks tired. He isn't in game shape to play that much. Imo it's one of the reason he is missing so many shots.

Over Austin Rivers? YES

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This team doesn't finish above .500 this year Monty has to go back to his rightful place as an assistant...somewhere else.
    I've always been a wait and see guy with Monty, but I've also said if he's nto at the 43-48 win mark this year, then it's time.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I just rewatched the play, they were attempting to run a two player pick after a Gordon rub. Either anderson didnt run his man into the screen or davis did not set a good one. If you don't believe me re-watch it. Anderson's man barely touches Davis

We played to long without a rim protector........Withey should get minutes when Asik isn't in the game......

Our best win of the season (IMO) was the only game without Tyreke Evans. AD went off and Jrue looked great and free.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0F3iKUuH5iQ

http://espn.go.com/nba/gamecast?game...re&src=desktop

If we were trade Tyreke, we could get back talent that could contribute to our bench for the future or expirings since we're not going to the playoffs this year.

I'm glad you love to watch the best player in the NBA's growth being stunted by a low IQ ball hog who thinks he's the best player on the team.
    See trading tyreke is a valid discussion. Saying we should cut him like josh smith and we will be better isn't.

I'm not a big tyreke fan, but I would rather him on his worst night than anyone on our bench on their average night....

Would not mind trading Tyreke and/or Anderson

That Asik trade is starting to rear it's ugly head. We could really use that first round pick right now.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Monty is not the coach for this team. We have enough talent not to be sub .500
    Talent alone isn't going to do it. Players have to be smart and unselfish, we have only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    See trading tyreke is a valid discussion. Saying we should cut him like josh smith and we will be better isn't.

I'm not a big tyreke fan, but I would rather him on his worst night than anyone on our bench on their average night....

I understand how you took it that way, but what I meant was simply if he wasn't on the team anymore, which would probably done through a trade. Sorry for the confusion. Cutting him would be silly, but I think we are so much better without him.

Thread Information