Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible deal

Trade Idea Possible deal

NYK get: Jason Richardson (6.8 mill expiring), 2nd round pick from PHI
    PHI get: Eric Gordon, future #1 pick from NO
    NO get: Jose Calderon, KJ McDaniel

We shave 8 million off of our cap for this summer and pick up a knockdown shooting, veteran PG to run our 2nd unit and a wing prospect in McDaniel. Calderon's salary won't matter in 2016 when the cap balloons. Knicks clear Calderon's salary and pick up a future 2nd from Philly (they have a million of them), and Philadelphia can use Gordon's cap filler to reach the salary cap floor for next year and pick up a protected 2017 first round pick. Calderon's smaller salary is also easier to move if we need to move it over the summer to clear more cap room.

Pshhh yes please.

Philly will never do it

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Philly will never do it
    Why not? They are already shopping Calderon and Mcdaniels is a RFA next season. Beats what they would get in a sign and trade.

we already owe our 1st rounder to houston through to 2020, can't give away a first till houston takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    we already owe our 1st rounder to houston through to 2020, can't give away a first till houston takes it.
    Exactly, or until we for sure get it. Meaning we can make a draft day trade where we draft the player the other team wants if we keep our pick. Sadly, we cannot make any trades using our 1st round pick.

I suppose there could be some well into the future traded 1st but I doubt that has much value as AD will be expected to be an absolute monster by then.

give them tyreke instead of gordon please

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    give them tyreke instead of gordon please
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    No.
    He's just going on every thread blasting anti-Tyreke madness. It's annoying, but it's his right to be ignorant.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I haven't watched KJ mcDaniel much but i would like this trade b/c of the cap space perspective. I would rather throw in another player than give up a pick, if philly likes EG (most likely would rest him until they are done tanking) they may just take him straight up.
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Why would they give up Kj for squat? Hes been playing great for them, and he may be an RFA, but they have the option of matching a deal. Doesn't make sense for them at all

I think KJ is apart of their future plans. And Sidenote, I would trade Tyreke instead of Gordon as well, not becuase im Anti Tyreke, i just dont think he is a potential core member of our squad. If we can get KJ and his upside and backup vet at the PG then im happy.

I actually had a weird dream last night that Calderon was on our team and hit a tie 3 pointer for us against Chicago in the end or regulation.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thing is, we move Tyreke and keep Gordon, where does that leave us next season when we probably move on from Gordon? Yea we have McDaniels and his upside, but Rivers had upside at one point to and....

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Thing is, we move Tyreke and keep Gordon, where does that leave us next season when we probably move on from Gordon? Yea we have McDaniels and his upside, but Rivers had upside at one point to and....
    Then we grill Monty for not winning despite trading for players with "upside".

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Then we grill Monty for not winning despite trading for players with "upside".
    #FireMinty

I know people are really wanting KJ McDaniels but have any of you looked at his updated numbers? He started the year off hot but he's been straight doo-doo since then. I don't see why Philly wouldn't dump a 2nd round prospect who has kinda been trash to get Gordon and a 1st. (I'm assuming this trade takes place in summer because of our current 1st being tied up)

For us if we are able to get ANYTHING back for a Gordon and a 1st it's a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I know people are really wanting KJ McDaniels but have any of you looked at his updated numbers? He started the year off hot but he's been straight doo-doo since then. I don't see why Philly wouldn't dump a 2nd round prospect who has kinda been trash to get Gordon and a 1st. (I'm assuming this trade takes place in summer because of our current 1st being tied up)

For us if we are able to get ANYTHING back for a Gordon and a 1st it's a steal.
    Grass is greener.

What's our current draft pick situation for the next few years? NBA draft order is so hard to keep up with because picks change hands like hot potatoes.

Let me throw one out -

Ryno and EG for Vonleh, expirings, and pick swap rights in 16 or 17. (Charlotte trades Lance to team 3, who sends us expirings)

It probably kills our playoff chances in 15, but gives us MASSIVE cap room this summer, plus some nice future assets in Vonleh and that pick swap. You can go after a max SF and a bench with all the space we would have. Or 4 nice rotation guys.

Thoughts?
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If we wanted to trade a 2017 1st round pick, for whatever reason, we could do it.

All we'd have to do is get Houston to agree to remove all the protections from our 2015 pick.

That being said, we'd have to be getting something of serious value in return to risk exposing our 2015 pick and tie our hands in the future by giving up a 2017 pick. I'm not sure Calderon, McDaniel, and moving EG are worth that. Maybe, just not sure.

Do you like Vonleh or just view this as leveraging Ryno's value into a massive salary dump? This would be seen as tanking the season...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Do you like Vonleh or just view this as leveraging Ryno's value into a massive salary dump? This would be seen as tanking the season...
    I am not a big Vonleh fan, but can see him as a poor man's Ryno on offense with better defense moving forward. Cost controlled contract as well. But yes, this deal would be more about attacking the FA and trade market in July to get the right pieces around the core of Jrue/Reke/AD/Asik. Add the right wing to that group and a solid bench and it is a contending team IMO.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    I doubt the PELS get Calderon.

I hope that there are no trades unless we land a coveted star or unless we're moving Gordon or Rivers.

Only move Reke if it's clear that the team will improve now. I'd wait on Reke.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    #ForeMinty
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Fixed.

I need my dose of Monthly Williams

Thread Information