Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Knicks are prepared to trade Jose Calderon

Knicks are prepared to trade Jose Calderon

Exactly what we need a veteran back up pg and dead eye 3pt shooter. Just like with the Shump and J.R. deal they may just want a salary dump.

1-6

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    His contract is $7M.

WTH?

I agree that we need a backup PG, but maybe at a more comfortable salary.

hmmmmm, id ponder this tho....
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Salary dump all the way for Phil Jackson. They trade away JR & Shumpert for basically nothing in return except cap space. Perhaps they will tank now to get a good draft and get some good FA to start rebuilding. Calderon at his age now is a good backup pg, something like Jaret Jack type but definitely not worth 7 million.

He would definitely fit, but his salary is way too high. ..

I would trade Eric Gordon for Calderon, Quincy Acy and a future 2nd round pick. They might suck bad enough to get Gordon to decline his player option....

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    I would trade Eric Gordon for Calderon, Quincy Acy and a future 2nd round pick. They might suck bad enough to get Gordon to decline his player option....
    They are trying to salary dump, keep that in mind.

Bargnani, Calderon, and Cleanthony Early for Gordon.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mcjn899

It saves them over $4 million. We get Bargnani (expiring) as a backup center, Calderon as a backup PG, and Early as a SF project.

Yes all they would want is non-garunteed contracts and trade exceptions...

i understand hes prolly not worth 7 mill but he is a great backup pg for a little bit more than we would want...

Pay more for him or let our current situation run its course?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Saves $4mil this year put on the hook for $15 mil next season. I'm sure they love that lol

Contract runs through 2016. I don't want to tie up any new big contracts passed 2015.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Salmons + Rivers and Jimmer/Withey/Russ/Ajinca works. I'm sure they'd do it just for the expirings but I don't think we should. Ties up a lot of money for a pretty old, albeit good, backup.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Salmons + Rivers and Jimmer/Withey/Russ/Ajinca works. I'm sure they'd do it just for the expirings but I don't think we should. Ties up a lot of money for a pretty old, albeit good, backup.
    I would do it. But I think you could probably get them to attach an asset in addition, maybe Cleanthony Early.

Everyone on that team is on the block but Carmelo? Phil was amazing as a head coach, but he is an idiot as a GM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    We aren't going to get him but I think his style compliments AD.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Everyone on that team is on the block but Carmelo? Phil was amazing as a head coach, but he is an idiot as a GM.
    How can you tell?! Has it been 6 months yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pardon View Post
    They are trying to salary dump, keep that in mind.
    But would EG void 2nd yr to get new contract and stay in NY?

i'd rather take McNamara's suggestion of Mo Williams for Austin. Get the veteran on an expiring contract out of a bad situation to play in meaningful games & give them a look at a young guy with potential. Win-win

I'm good with that too, need someone to hit a jumper.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    i'd rather take McNamara's suggestion of Mo Williams for Austin. Get the veteran on an expiring contract out of a bad situation to play in meaningful games & give them a look at a young guy with potential. Win-win
    The question is what does Minne want for Mo though. No team is taking Rivers for a straight swap.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    The question is what does Minne want for Mo though. No team is taking Rivers for a straight swap.
    I'm not so sure. Imagine neither guy is on Minnesota right now. Minny is a virtual lock for a bottom 3 NBA record. Both guys are UFA's this summer. With that in mind, who makes more sense for their team - a 32 year old veteran or a 22 yr old former lottery pick that might just need a change of scenery to become a decent piece?

I just don't see the use Minny has for Mo, and I could see them talking themselves into the fact that maybe Rivers has a 10% chance of being a developmental piece for theme, where Mo has a 0% chance of becoming that
    @mcnamara247

Good fit but his contract isn't worth it. Prigioni wouldn't be a bad option

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I'm not so sure. Imagine neither guy is on Minnesota right now. Minny is a virtual lock for a bottom 3 NBA record. Both guys are UFA's this summer. With that in mind, who makes more sense for their team - a 32 year old veteran or a 22 yr old former lottery pick that might just need a change of scenery to become a decent piece?

I just don't see the use Minny has for Mo, and I could see them talking themselves into the fact that maybe Rivers has a 10% chance of being a developmental piece for theme, where Mo has a 0% chance of becoming that
    If we can't get Mo....realistically who else could we get ?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    We got Marco Belinelli for Julian Wright.

Anything is possible.

I would rather Jimmer than Calderon at his price. Don't understand why people just wanna straight up dump Rivers for noting. If we can resign him this off season it will be cheap and we could have a player that turns into a very special bench player or a solid starter like the Spurs use Green. His shot is getting better along with his overall game. Rivers has potential I would like to hold onto and develop instead of just dumping for some revolving door player.

Thread Information