Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Game day: Pelicans vs Wizards 1/5/15

Monty lost the game when he put Rivers in at a crucial time

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    7 straight loses to this team. Monty sucks
    Unfortunately some teams just have your number. Ask Houston about us...

Banned
    Rivers is kind of a momentum killer. Anyone else would have been better. I'm sorry.

I put this one on Monty for fricking with the starting lineup and screwing up everyone's chemistry to begin the game. We started off ice cold at home which never happens.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I would like to congratulate the officials for their win tonight.

The Franchise
    Dell needs to get rid of rivers and if Monty objects, show him the door

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    Rivers is kind of a momentum killer. Anyone else would have been better. I'm sorry.
    To be fair Miller would have an even bigger advantage against Jimmer

This was a Team Loss in my opinion. Turnovers with no consistent execution. Shots not falling until late (well sometimes that happens).

Got held to 85 points at home. The Pelicans need to score over 100 to have a chance. Not a half court team.

Babbitt only played 5 minutes...Rivers, Reke, and Cunningham hurt the spacing

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Jimmer played miller just fine in the first half.....

All the other good West teams have no problem beating the Wizards at home.

Exactly. Thats why I believe Monty put rivers in. They were switching and jimmer was at a disadvantage. I mean he was trying but there is only so much a 6'2" guy can do. The shortest person on the court was Andre Miller and he is 6'5" I believe.

The TOs were a huge deal. No doubt about it. Mucking up the starting lineup was just as bad.

Banned
    I don't thinks so. He scored 1 basket on Jimmer in the first and Jimmer got yanked. Jimmer can put pressure on the other defender atleast. Don't want to get in to a Jimmer convo, but that was the perfect time for him to be in, Especially, since he already had played.

Babbitt only played 5 minutes...Rivers, Reke, and Cunningham hurt the spacing
    Monty's coaching record speaks for itself. He's not even above .500 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeNOLA View Post
    Exactly. Thats why I believe Monty put rivers in. They were switching and jimmer was at a disadvantage. I mean he was trying but there is only so much a 6'2" guy can do. The shortest person on the court was Andre Miller and he is 6'5" I believe.
    He's not tall he's just good at bullying guards

All-Star
    He is 6'2.....same height as Jimmer.

Washington is one of the best defensive teams in the league, albeit against the 28th ranked sos.

Monty Williams half court offense just never seem to have a real sense of purpose. Lazy slow passes. Weak & poor screens. Iso at the worst times. Outside of having players get off on their talent, its been a yearly problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    Jimmer played miller just fine in the first half.....
    I mean if you saying he didn't do any better than rivers did then yes, but if you noticed that went away from trying to make millers defender switch. And when they did rivers would try to wedge himself between him and the guy setting the screen. Rivers usually plays Miller well. It just didn't go that way tonight. And giving that Wizards were making and getting shots, I would want more defense out there also. It just did not work out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Npliam View Post
    He is 6'2.....same height as Jimmer.
    If that is true I stand corrected. Still does not address the switching issue though.

Banned
    We needed to score obviously.

All-Star
    I mean if you saying he didn't do any better than rivers did then yes, but if you noticed that went away from trying to make millers defender switch. And when they did rivers would try to wedge himself between him and the guy setting the screen. Rivers usually plays Miller well. It just didn't go that way tonight. And giving that Wizards were making and getting shots, I would want more defense out there also. It just did not work out that way.
    Miller scored 1 basket on Jimmer and it was a heavily contested jumper. He had no assists and no rebounds.

The reason Jimmer didn't get into the game in the second half had nothing to do with his defense.

He's not tall he's just good at bullying guards

Yes.. one of the best post guards that has been in the league. Amongst guards off the top of my head I would say Mark Jackson, Jason Kidd and Gary Payton.

And the height thing I stand corrected

Our players really look physically weak considering they share facilities with the Saints. Wait!! that explains the saints ineptness and weak play.

Thread Information