Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Gameday thread Pels vs Bulls

The Franchise    Contributor   

He had some great success around the same time Al Davis was still successful in the NFL. Hiring him would make as much sense as hiring Al to advise Loomis. (And yes I realize Al has been dead for several years) The Pistons just lit 25 million ON FIRE to start cleaning up the mess he made of Detroit. And he was fined 150k for leaking information to the press. Hopefully he is just advising the team on who they should hire, not actually putting himself up for the job. His last 10 years in the league could not have gone any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzmanD View Post
    I don't know what to think about Dumars coming opin as GM. Will we get the guy who helped win two NBA Championships or the one who headed the ship of a horrible francise for I believe 5 years.
    I don't want to oversimplify it but.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	josh_smith_benched.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	5836

and

Name:	2681502-8089402892-file_.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	5837

and

Name:	136497-330-0.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	5838

and

Name:	JenningsPistons3.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	5839

I just don't know how Rivers came this far with a shot that broken.

His name and only one year in college.?

Like I said after SA game, one step fwd, 2 steps back. Our shooting % is so bad.

we are always trying to beat teams with 4 players. Asik gives us nothing on O. We are not that good to have this liability.

I would go get George Karl or Larry brown right now before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    This was a post I wholeheartedly admit to stealing from the other Pelicans board, but it gets a conversation going about the problems we are having on the defensive side of the ball. The context of the post was during a discussion on the legitimacy of the Evans trade. So that is why these particular players are highlighted:

Wathcing Thibs tonight reminded me why I wanted this guy so badly when he interviewed with the Hornets back in the day. The guy is such an active coach. I don't think he sat down all game. He is constantly calling out switches, plays and defensive assignments all game. He is so involved that he recognizes so well when adjustments and time-outs need to be made. He plays every game like a chess match. Where he breaks you down over the course of a game and then once he finds your weakness, attacks, attacks, attacks. Tonight he saw how Jimmy Butler and his bench was just eviscerating us. So he kept the bench in longer then usual and fed the offense down the stretch through Butler. Every possession saw Butler touching the ball in some capacity. We had no counter. We reverted back to bad tendencies down the stretch and that was all she wrote. Instead of feeding Davis we went guard dominate and played a lot isolation once again and slowed down the amount of ball movement.
    Very good find. Don't see anyone trying to explain this away. This team is frustrating as hell to watch. Someone mentioned this already but watch the difference between thibs and Monty all game long. He owned MONTY big time. Dam near every time AD touches the ball SOMETHING good happens. Yet, in the final 4-5 min of the game AD touches the ball 1 maybe 2 times. Even Wesley called it out during the game. Just unreal. On the other side of things we see what happened. We were force fed butler to put the game away. I'm so sick of watching these low IQ bball players on this team. They make some of the stupidest plays and are badly out of position so many times. This crap is laughable at times. For the people who say "we could do much worse" referring to MONTY. It's sad. It really is. It's sad that some of our fan base has come to that. It means we are used to and have come to accept below average. We can do MUCH better and that's all that should matter.

Also, im not impressed with Asik at all. He gets backed down so easily and doesn't seem to give 100% effort on all plays. If he is. Then it's even worse. Smh

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Also, im not impressed with Asik at all. He gets backed down so easily and doesn't seem to give 100% effort on all plays. If he is. Then it's even worse. Smh
    He has 0 athleticsm and if he's a bit injured at best he's throughly useless.

Trade.

Asik is a result of the terrible signing (IMO) of Tyreke. We got rid of Rolo to overpay down the line for Asik. Should have used Reke's money on a position of need ie SF and bench players
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Asik is a result of the terrible signing (IMO) of Tyreke. We got rid of Rolo to overpay down the line for Asik. Should have used Reke's money on a position of need ie SF and bench players
    So, who would be playing at SG if Reke wasn't here ? In order for this team to be consistent on a nightly basis, all parts have to work. If we had a legit SF this team would look a lot different. The second unit lacks a PG and another athletic big.....Asik is an upgrade over Lopez who averaged 5 rebounds a game when he was here.

Thread Information