Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stretching Eric Gordon

Any updates on his return?

Curious to see who Dell brings in if Gordon is still on the team next year. After resigning Asik and bringing back a few bench guys. We'll only have the MLE and the biannual exception.

Re sign asik, stretch gordon, sign draymond. He is an up and coming small forward who is EXACTLY what we need, not only isnhe a great 3 and d but he is also an awesome rebounder, he doesnt need the ball to be effective. Sure people want durant, jimmy butler, gasol, but there really isnt enough ball to go around. All the great teams recently had big 3s to score and the rest were great role players. Asik gives u defense and rebounding and draymond gives u 3 and d and rebounding.

Idk if it can work, but I am all for resigning asik, stretching gordon and signing draymond. Anyone know if we can afford this if we stretch gordon?

I know everyone wants durant but its kind of a pipe dream. We need to sign someone to a big contract now before ad gets his next off season.

it is not smart to decide bout stretch now. everybdy agrees that we should stretch one year(after season). he is to return i n twoweeks time.and than he might be useful as a rotation player or even as a starter. decent playing EJ might have some value. if not then i will go after stretching option. now there are too many variables. he might be injured. he might play like an all star. we might be searching for new coach or gm... etc
    wait and see
    and have fingers crossed for his health and form

The Franchise    Contributor   

yeah. no reason to stretch until closer to the trade deadline - and if he is playing at that time no reason to stretch at all this season, do it in the off season. of course, if he plays the rest of the year then he'll be having surgery in the off season - and no way we can trade him while he recovers from surgery over the summer. if we have to go in to next season with him still on the books and in street clothes I'd feel terrible for whoever will be the GM then.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Idk if it can work, but I am all for resigning asik, stretching gordon and signing draymond. Anyone know if we can afford this if we stretch gordon?

I know everyone wants durant but its kind of a pipe dream. We need to sign someone to a big contract now before ad gets his next off season.
    No. Most likely not. Draymond is a RFA. If he accepts any reasonable offer we could throw at him then GSW will just match and we couldn't offer him anything crazy unless we let Asik walk and stretch Gordon.

Durant is a long shot no doubt. But a 1% chance of getting Durant and also having multiple back up options like Batum we can go after is better than stretching Gordon and letting Asik walk to try and "fix the hole at SF" early. Gotta think long term.

I don't see the big deal in people thinking Durant is a possibility he isn't like most of the prima donnas in the nba he doesn't seem to care big market little market hell a team with no westbrook is probably more attractive to him lmao

Really we should only be thinking about UFAs it would be unwise to agree to a deal with Draymond, then stretch Gordon, only for the deal to be matched. We can only offer RFAs if we renounce Asik, offer the RFA and land him, and then stretch Gordon and sign Asik into the cap space like a normal FA. Also I believe Tyson Chandler is another high profile center FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. Most likely not. Draymond is a RFA. If he accepts any reasonable offer we could throw at him then GSW will just match and we couldn't offer him anything crazy unless we let Asik walk and stretch Gordon.

Durant is a long shot no doubt. But a 1% chance of getting Durant and also having multiple back up options like Batum we can go after is better than stretching Gordon and letting Asik walk to try and "fix the hole at SF" early. Gotta think long term.
    Good point, I think harrison barnes will also be a free agent

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Good point, I think harrison barnes will also be a free agent
    Lol. No not even close. They already picked up his option for next year and can offer him a QA in 16/17 season that will make him a RFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugeaux II View Post
    yeah. no reason to stretch until closer to the trade deadline - and if he is playing at that time no reason to stretch at all this season, do it in the off season. of course, if he plays the rest of the year then he'll be having surgery in the off season - and no way we can trade him while he recovers from surgery over the summer. if we have to go in to next season with him still on the books and in street clothes I'd feel terrible for whoever will be the GM then.
    what is the reason to stretch anybody in February?
    you have three months of the season left. and you have 3O million to stretch.which is not smart imo
    you are looking on your team and EJ. and decide then...

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    what is the reason to stretch anybody in February?
    you have three months of the season left. and you have 3O million to stretch.which is not smart imo
    you are looking on your team and EJ. and decide then...
    The decision on Gordon will probably be made in July. ..after the NBA moratorium.

My cousins finance is cousins with Jimmy butler. He said Butler turned down a contract extension with the Bulls last year because he is looking for a contract of 100+ mil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CP3 has deceitful eyes ohnosono's Avatar
    id love to stretch gordon out, but im not talking about his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    My cousins finance is cousins with Jimmy butler. He said Butler turned down a contract extension with the Bulls last year because he is looking for a contract of 100+ mil.

Took me a good 5 or 6 re-reads before I got what you meant "your cousins fiancé Is cousins with jimmy butler". lol, was like, wtf does cousins finance have to do with jimmy butler.

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    I see what you did there sly dawg

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Took me a good 5 or 6 re-reads before I got what you meant "your cousins fiancé Is cousins with jimmy butler". lol, was like, wtf does cousins finance have to do with jimmy butler.
    I read the exact same thing at first. But jesus is Butler really worth 100 mil

Quote Originally Posted by ohnosono View Post
    oh my, it just got hot in herr

Lol...that's funny...10 to 12 ml would be the most I would pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Lol...that's funny...10 to 12 ml would be the most I would pay him.
    I thought the same thing, but apparently his agent has him thinking that he is worth 100 million. He said Chicago offered him 4 years 48 million.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Haha I am sorry about the sentence structure. I will be more clear from now on.

Haha I am sorry about the sentence structure. I will be more clear from now on.

lol all good, not the sentence structure, it looks like your iphone auto corrected fiancé to finance.

I thought the same thing, but apparently his agent has him thinking that he is worth 100 million. He said Chicago offered him 4 years 48 million.

I don't even know if it's possible to reach 100m unless Chicago offers him the 5yr/max which they can't because they already have Rose on it. Basically, I think he is going to be very disappointed this summer if he only wants a 100m deal.

Asik is gonna get paid a lot less than you guys think, if he wants a long term deal (3-4 years) he will have to settle for the 7-9 million range.

Thread Information