Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: N/P Josh Smith joins Rockets

Breaking News N/P Josh Smith joins Rockets

"The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Of course. The rich continue to get richer.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

It's an arms race and we're sitting on our hands with one of the worse defense in the league

1-6

I love this move and look forward to it destroying the Rockets newfound team chemistry.
    the Legend has spoken!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    I love this move and look forward to it destroying the Rockets newfound team chemistry.

They filled a hole in their roster with a talented player. Also their franchise players best friend.

So, yep. I'm sure chemistry will kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    They filled a hole in their roster with a talented player. Also their franchise players best friend.

Talent aside, Smith has no concept of how to play within a team and they apparently had to promise him a starting spot to convince him to sign. No way does this move improve their chances at winning it all.

Will go back to his ATL, the 3rd or 4th option in offense. That suit him better and wont destry their chemistry. Bad news for us.

Funny what a devicive player he is. Clearly he has a ton of talent and when used properly, he can be a very good player. We'll see whether or not he fits.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

I thought their hole was someone to help open up the paint. When has Josh Smith ever been a paint opener?

So he is better friends with Dwight than he is with Rajon.

I like what the Rockets are building. They will never win a title with that unit, but they will be an entertaining team like the Sacramaneto Queens, and Portland Jailblazers were.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Does anybody think that is a big upgrade from terrance jones. I know smith & dwighmare are best mates so that helps with chemistry. I though jones was huge last year and was building towards something

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    This! There is a reason why Josh Smith could never really win with the Hawks and never really worked with Pistons. He's a team cancer!

The picture in the original post... Twenty bucks says that shot was an absolute brick...

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    A good defensive team just added another plus defender. He might cause problems for the Rockets, but that may not happen until the WCF. Rich people problems...

Him being bestfriends with Dwight isn't a good thing lol. 2 clowns

I don't know how this is a bad signing (low risk high reward), I know I would welcome his problems here (what's one more problem in this cluster **** anyway).

Yeah because the gap between the Southwest div and everyone else wasn't big enough already...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Not worried about his chemistry with Howard.

They should worry about Dwight/Josh vs JAMES HARDEN.

After all, it's Harden's team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Franchise    Contributor   

They need to open a roster spot to sign him - and the Cavs now need a big with sideshow bob out for the year. Anything we can get out of that? After the Smith and Rondo moves - assuming we won't stretch EG - I am sold on EG to the Nets for JJ. With all that salary tied up dead in EG we can't keep up

Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewer, Terrance Jones, Josh Smith, Kostas Papanikolaou geez, can we just have one of these guys??

Luckily for us, their big man cant hit free throw's in crunch time, and they don't have a good PG. But damn, throw on Howard, Harden, Terry Shved ect. and it'd make one wonder if they're working with the same salary cap that they are.

T Jones Behooves me. Cause we scouted Austin Rivers over ((last time ever lmao))
    Terrance Jones- would get minutes at SF and back-up PF
    Draymond Green- would have made us freaggin great!
    Kris Middleton- starting Sf
    Evan Fournier- starting Sf
    Perry Jones- starting SF
    Moe Harkless- starting SF
    kostas Papa- starting Sf
    jeremy lamb- starting SG
    Tyler Zeller- starting C
    Jared Sullinger- starting C
    tony wroten- back-up PG

All of which would be starting for us, at the 2 or 3. Wroten would be a back-up. Zeller and Sully woulda let us keep our pick and some change instead of asik.

This is Demps worse move ever! Why? Cause every other move, bad or good, kinda made sense at the time.

Anyone know what he's contract is like?

Quote Originally Posted by bustahyndes View Post
    Anyone know what he's contract is like?
    1 year / Bi-annual contract
    Houston Rockets Fan from Germany.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Y'all may not believe it but I think the rockets have improved their roster enough to be a threat in the playoffs.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStein...66756783149056

I had wondered what rockets would do with their roster with the smith signing, some info on who they are looking to move.

Houston trying to trade someone by Friday to make room for Josh Smith. How gansta would Demps be if he got back the first we give up for Asik haha

Thread Information