Pelicans Report

Thread: Michael Carter Williams

Michael Carter Williams

It was only supposed to be one year, and you were supposed to be a default ROY! Why are you playing like more than the experts expected!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yea, could turn out to be an all star one day. Impressive player even though it's a garbage team.

Hope Embiid turns out to be a great offensive center, will make that team scary in a few years.

He's terrible. He shoots 40% from the field. He shoots 26% from 3 on over 3 attempts per game. He averages 4.8 turnovers per game.

Philadelphia tried to trade him this offseason for a reason. And he's somehow managed to get worse since last season.

Yeah, I only wonder what Miami was thinking last night, allowing the worst ROY in recent memory to go off like that.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yeah, I only wonder what Miami was thinking last night, allowing the worst ROY in recent memory to go off like that.
    "Go off"? He scored 20 points on 9/18 shooting. He had 5 assists to 3 turnovers. He had a decent-scoring game on middling efficiency. MCW's "going off" last night looked a lot like Jarrett Jack, Greivis Vasquez, or even Brian Roberts when given the keys to our team.

Are you really impressed by 40% shooting, 26% 3 point shooting, and 5 turnovers per game? Because none of the GMs in the league were this past offseason--including Sam Hinkie.

Here's a question that I have. Aside from Pelicans players, who's good? I've seen some really good players being destroyed on this site. I'm really curious. Who in everybody's opinion is a good basketball player? It seems that if you do not play in a Pellies uniform, you're not a good player round these parts.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Here's a question that I have. Aside from Pelicans players, who's good? I've seen some really good players being destroyed on this site. I'm really curious. Who in everybody's opinion is a good basketball player? It seems that if you do not play in a Pellies uniform, you're not a good player round these parts.
    That Lebron guy is okay.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Go through here. Only player who is "good" by everyone is AD. No one is safe from the mud slinging. To be honest I think were talking the top 0.0000001 best players in the world and that they are all good at basketball (except Bargani). There is a rile for any of them to be "good" but it depends on their role, their decisions, and the peices around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I'm assuming this is directed at me.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/pg

MCW is 41st out of 63 PGs according to PER. Considering MCW's 27.4% usage rate, that's abysmal. The guy is currently not a good NBA point guard. Maybe "terrible" was a bit harsh, but he's not anywhere close to being an average player at this point.

It has nothing to do with MCW not playing for the Pelicans. In fact, if MCW played for the Pelicans, I would think most of the board would want him gone. Obviously there are hundreds of very good NBA players. Calling MCW a below average player doesn't make one a homer.

Edit:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l#per_game::26

MCW is destroying the league in turnovers per game. He is almost 1 full turnover per game higher than the next guy.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=Y#stats::none

Only Francisco Garcia and Nic Batum are shooting worse than MCW from deep (minimum 3 attempts per game).
    Last edited by greewe; 12-24-2014 at 02:01 PM.

So he is right above Harden, and 1 avg. 1 to more than Wall.
    He is finding a way to dish out 7 assists a game, which is 7th best.
    Given his crappy situation, he would probably do better on a better team, so its probably in his best interest that Embiid and Noel develop quickly, or he will be stuck in a situation where people keep doubting him.

No one gives a **** about MCW. Let this random thread die.

So he is right above Harden, and 1 avg. 1 to more than Wall.
    He is finding a way to dish out 7 assists a game, which is 7th best.
    Given his crappy situation, he would probably do better on a better team, so its probably in his best interest that Embiid and Noel develop quickly, or he will be stuck in a situation where people keep doubting him.
    I do hope that he ends up becoming a productive player. He seems like a good guy, and I'm sure all the losing really sucks to be a part of. I just worry that he can't shoot, and doesn't have a "calling card" to make up for it like Rondo with his passing, Tyreke with his ability to drive, or Tony Allen with his defense. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see where MCW has an elite skill like that.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I do hope that he ends up becoming a productive player. He seems like a good guy, and I'm sure all the losing really sucks to be a part of. I just worry that he can't shoot, and doesn't have a "calling card" to make up for it like Rondo with his passing, Tyreke with his ability to drive, or Tony Allen with his defense. I'd love to be wrong, but I just don't see where MCW has an elite skill like that.
    I doubt he becomes anything more than avg. but last night he was the catalyst for a bad 76ers team beating a bad Heat team. Apparently he has been the catalyst for many of the 76ers wins, and as bad as that team is, that is saying something. I don't want him on this team, but what he is managing to do is impressive to Mythrol and I.

I doubt he becomes anything more than avg. but last night he was the catalyst for a bad 76ers team beating a bad Heat team. Apparently he has been the catalyst for many of the 76ers wins, and as bad as that team is, that is saying something. I don't want him on this team, but what he is managing to do is impressive to Mythrol and I.
    If he hasn't become average, you're saying he's below average. That raises a couple of questions.

1. Didn't most experts project MCW to become better than a below average to average point guard at some point in his career? If yes, you're contradicting your first post. If no, that brings up two additional questions.
    2- Why dedicate a thread to a player that you (and experts) deem below average?
    3- Why dedicate a thread to the player drafted via the Holiday trade if you don't even want him on the team?

This thread is inconsistent and useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No one gives a **** about MCW. Let this random thread die.
    Hahah

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Where is the KJ McDaniels thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he was on a good team with veterans he wouldn't be taking all those shots. You all have to know that!

If he didn't get the vibe from them, the coach would tell him to give the ball up.

He would be a solid prospect guys. sorry

I wouldn't want him as a long term starter, but he is the kind of PG I would like backing up J'rue.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I'm assuming this is directed at me.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/pg

MCW is 41st out of 63 PGs according to PER. Considering MCW's 27.4% usage rate, that's abysmal. The guy is currently not a good NBA point guard. Maybe "terrible" was a bit harsh, but he's not anywhere close to being an average player at this point.

It has nothing to do with MCW not playing for the Pelicans. In fact, if MCW played for the Pelicans, I would think most of the board would want him gone. Obviously there are hundreds of very good NBA players. Calling MCW a below average player doesn't make one a homer.

Edit:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l#per_game::26

MCW is destroying the league in turnovers per game. He is almost 1 full turnover per game higher than the next guy.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...=Y#stats::none

Only Francisco Garcia and Nic Batum are shooting worse than MCW from deep (minimum 3 attempts per game).
    No, it wasn't directed at you. I was really curious. People say that Gay, Melo, Kyrie are all bad players so I just wanted to know who was good for a reference point.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Where is the KJ McDaniels thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Robert Covington is the guy I am eishing we had gotten instead of philly.

They basically got a coup with that guy.

Guy who tore up the D-League, by all accounts could shoot the lights out of the ball and Phily snatched him up for 1mil a year for 4 years and the guy is averaging 44% from 3. Low low risk and high reward.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Why????? MCW is not relevant.

Thread Information