Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Game day thread: Pelicans @ Pacers

Banned
    I still don't think Asik is 100% healthy. Either that or he doesn't give his all every game. More inconsistent than I expected.

tonight just seemed like after the Pelicans didn't get a few early calls they thought they should've gotten... they went into "frick it" mode

this was probably a game where Monty should've bought himself a technical foul... and pretty early (say 2nd qtr or so)
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Banned
    Man, Westbrook is trying to out Kobe, Kobe. Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteptooslow View Post
    AD isn't elevating his teamates. Great players do that.
    How do you expect that with such ball dominant guards who lack any kind of self awareness? You have the freakin 3rd best player on this planet on your side and he isn't even getting the ball enough. If u guys get an actual coach or decide to play through AD he'll be twice as good as he already is!
    Houston Rockets Fan from Germany.

This game is on Ryan Anderson. I dont know whats wrong with him this season but the fact of the matter is he cannot shoot this poorly on the road. He has far too many holes in his game to have this many off nights. It would be one thing if he was a small forward because it would be much easier to hide his defensive deficiencies, but the other team just attacks him in the paint every time down. Not to mention his poor defensive rebounding and low basketball IQ in general. He needs to pick up his play on the road or else we need to trade for someone a little more consistent on both sides of the ball.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post
    tonight just seemed like after the Pelicans didn't get a few early calls they thought they should've gotten... they went into "frick it" mode

this was probably a game where Monty should've bought himself a technical foul... and pretty early (say 2nd qtr or so)
    We've been waiting for that for 5 years. It's not his DNA. But I've said this many times before, if he's not going to do it there needs to be a bad cop on this team. Whether it's a vet or a former player turned coach, we need a bulldog on this team who will call out bs and pettiness. Dribble the shot clock out off a time out , you deal with him. Wave off AD 1 too many times, you deal with him. Too many nice guys can't get you through a game like this.

And something is wrong with Omer. I didn't have the chance to watch too many Pelicans games but he is not his self. He is not half as good as he was in H-town. Is his back still bothering him?

I am going to go out on a limb and say, if this team hasn't taken the identity of Monty "How did I get here?" Williams, it will only get worse.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 28sinan View Post
    It will happen but he is still just 21. It's on the coach to set the guards straight and tell them whose team this is. I mean if AD has a miss match on the low block and he calls for the ball but Holiday refuses to give him the ball that's just stupid from your PG but how can your coach be OK with that? A 21 year old kid is not going to call out his teammates. That should be the coaches job.
    I think he could. He is elite beyond anyone else on this team. I don't mind a little dust up or two. It doesn't have to be mean-spirited or fighting, but he is a smart man with the ability to get his point across. There are times when he lets players take the lead and that is fine...I want to see a bit more of a streak.

Quote Originally Posted by rt0307 View Post

with how we get calls this season, I'd give Monty five stars to come out after a game and make comment, and take the fine. but Monty wouldn't do that, he is a respectful person.

Interesting note for this team is really its shooting. Averaged eFG% .548 for wins, and .449 for losses. I'd like to look at the halftime breakdowns for our wins and losses, tonight i felt by halftime this was a loss purely based on our shooting. not being debbie downer, but in a game about buckets, if we aren't getting them, we generally aren't winning. sounds simple, but obviously there are a lot of factors that go into the hows and whys. ie. stifling defense vs missing open looks.

We really on a lot of jumpshots, but we don't have the players to hit them at a above average rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    We really on a lot of jumpshots, but we don't have the players to hit them at a above average rate.
    I thought we are in the top five for drives to the basket?

e: And the players that are taking lots of jumpshots are known for making them?

--

Heat blew a 10 point lead in the waning moments to the Sixers. Fire Spo.
    The Warriors are getting blown out by the Lakers. Fire Kerr.
    Clips were up by 10 at half and then lost to the Hawks. Fire Doc.
    Mavs lost soundly to the Suns. Fire Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

--

What do those 4 coaches have in common that Monty doesnt???????

I didn't even get a chance to see the game but this is just silly in terms of the normal Monty defense force posts.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-24-2014 at 12:13 AM.

I think the difference between those teams and ours is that our team is worse than those teams, and it's only one game for those guys. We live in a Groundhog Day world, where we keep losing the same old ways.

But......I thought our schedule was going to get easier we shouldn't worry? Same ol ish

If our schedule gets easier, and these are the results we get, I am removing my name from the help Monty Move party, as I am sure Loomis, Del, and Benson will have a horses head waiting in his bed before the season is out.

How do you expect that with such ball dominant guards who lack any kind of self awareness? You have the freakin 3rd best player on this planet on your side and he isn't even getting the ball enough. If u guys get an actual coach or decide to play through AD he'll be twice as good as he already is!
    They aren't always ball dominant and don't always lack self awareness. Some games they look like all-stars and some games they look they are in the ymca. Then some games they look like they'd rather be somewhere else.

No roller coaster on the planet compares to these fools.

This team ain't making the playoff this season.

The Suns finished 12 games above .500 last season and finished ninth.
    I can't see the Pelicans being 12 games above .500 and making the eight......they will finish 9th or 10th.

Let's hope there is improvement from their win/loss from last season and for the team to stay healthy.
    Go into next season knowing what the core will be next to AD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

--

dat 1 game lack of insight
    Last edited by Perth_Hornet; 12-24-2014 at 07:40 PM.

Amen.

Banned
    This team seems to play to the level of competition much of the time. I wonder how much different our record would be if we were in the east. Would we bog ourselves down in mediocrity.

Thread Information