Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NP Pistons release Josh Smith!

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Amazing.

LOL. I think tells you a lot of why he was released. SVG was afraid of him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Yall are being ridiculous. If we have a chance to get Josh Smith, we should get him.

At anything $5m or less, at the very least he's a trade asset next year. Fit is important, but he's too talented to simply pass on. He'd instantly upgrade our bench, or be a better starter than Babbitt. Offensively our team is fine. This guy upgrades our defense significantly.

I think he goes to Kings. Don't really see the fit in Dallas. Are there a lot of minutes backing up Dirk and Parsons? Rockets are a better fit. He'd start at PF. Has a relationship with Dwight.

I wouldn't judge this guy on his play with Pistons. They're a dumpster fire.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I wouldn't judge this guy on his play with Pistons. They're a dumpster fire.
    The reason the Pistons are a dumpster fire is the signings of Smith & Jennings.

People criticize the Pistons for playing Smith at SF. He gets released. The first thing I see here is someone suggesting we pick him up to play SF... Go figure... Sometimes I fool myself things like this are just on purpose, and we can call ourselves and educated fanbase, that makes pertinent comments...

He's a PF that needs the ball in his hands and gets frustrated easily. How in the world he fits here? Are we short on PFs? Are we short on players that need the ball in their hands? Do we need defense? Sure, but makes zero sense to get in a bidding war for Smith, and if he's not accepting a bench role in which he won't likely see more than 20 minutes per game, he's not going to be useful here, because that's what we got to offer him...

That's my point of view, feel free to tell me yours..

We already have the world's greatest Power Forward.

Sacramento looking at Derron Williams AND Josh Smith.

That would be hilarious.

I don't watch him play much, but from what I read he has a low BBIQ, won't adapt his game to fit the team concept, and can't make outside shots. We already complain about Tyreke for the same reasons to a much lesser degree. Therefore, no.

Quote Originally Posted by NOEngineer View Post
    I don't watch him play much, but from what I read he has a low BBIQ, won't adapt his game to fit the team concept, and can't make outside shots. We already complain about Tyreke for the same reasons to a much lesser degree. Therefore, no.
    Then it's a good thing we don't have a team concept! Perfect fit!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Josh Smith:

Pros: Great athlete the likes we don't have short of AD. Excellent defender and rebounder.

Cons: A terrible shooter that takes shots like a great shooter. Horrible from the FT line. And a tweener without a real position. Basically a bigger, bulkier, slightly less brain dead Aminu.

He can be someone else's issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    LOL. I think tells you a lot of why he was released. SVG was afraid of him.
    It was a joke, as in Josh takes too many long (30 ft) jumpers

Can we not? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141222_123648.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	5831

Quote Originally Posted by ObiOne View Post
    Can we not? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141222_123648.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	5831
    But the corners! The corners!

I saw this trending on FB and I just knew a thread was started here. I'll make this short.....We Don't Need Him. He would either be out of position playing SF or he would take all of Anderson's minutes (unless you think we should trade anderson to make room for this guy which is a joke). Or is he gonna come off the bench and be a backup SF which is still not all that great. We don't need him.

Does anyone know what is going on with Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Does anyone know what is going on with Gordon?
    He is trying to come back from his injury.

The best part about this is it shows how awful of a GM Dumars is so keep him away from this team

1-6

No one wants to kick some tires? Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    No one wants to kick some tires? Weird.
    Bro, I'm always down for tire kicking.

I would bring Stemsma back before getting Smith

Actually, I don't think he'd be a bad fit with Ryno and Davis on the floor. He could defend opposing 3s on defense and play the PF role offensively. Let Ryno play the 3 offensively and guard opposing 4s. It works out. and if we could get him at $4 mil/year, that would be great value. At the very least, he is a trade asset if we go after Durant next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Actually, I don't think he'd be a bad fit with Ryno and Davis on the floor. He could defend opposing 3s on defense and play the PF role offensively. Let Ryno play the 3 offensively and guard opposing 4s. It works out. and if we could get him at $4 mil/year, that would be great value. At the very least, he is a trade asset if we go after Durant next offseason.
    How exactly do we offer him 4m/yr?

Was he stretched?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I would bring Stemsma back before getting Smith
    Lol. Is this biggest WTF moment in NBA history. Can't play 3. Only gud thing bout signing him would b a sign and trade somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Was he stretched?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Was he stretched?
    Yes. Apparently so. News seems to be they will pay his full amount this year and then stretch his 2yr/26m. He will count for just over 5m/yr for the next 5 years. This all changes some whenever he signs with another team as that will mitigate some of Detroit's cost but who knows to what extent.

Thread Information