Pelicans Report

Thread: True Holiday Maturation!!!

True Holiday Maturation!!!

Its good to see True finding his rythmun and really starting to run this team, His play has really pick up on both ends of the court. He is defending the other team best pg every night, and really holding his own, plus he is scoring and really evaluating every one else game. He is starting to look like the player we traded for and you can see it as this group keep playing together they or really starting to develop chemistry. And his play is expiring Austin and Daunte to up their game, This team is slowly coming together and I see some big things in their future.

I just wish Jrue had the ball to end the games. Bothers me when he defers to Tyreke so much.

I'm with you on that he should be the one setting up plays and making the decesions at the end of games, but it will get there as they keep playing, Monty and the team will realize he gives us best chance to win in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I just wish Jrue had the ball to end the games. Bothers me when he defers to Tyreke so much.
    Am I the only one that predicted that junkie fade-away jumper? I was saying the same thing, that Jrue should have had the ball in that situation. If nothing else Reke should have driven to the basket.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    ALL STARS: JRUE AND AD23 baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I think because of the energy he spends on defense. Reke becomes the facilitator on offense in late game situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    Its good to see True finding his rythmun and really starting to run this team, His play has really pick up on both ends of the court. He is defending the other team best pg every night, and really holding his own, plus he is scoring and really evaluating every one else game. He is starting to look like the player we traded for and you can see it as this group keep playing together they or really starting to develop chemistry. And his play is expiring Austin and Daunte to up their game, This team is slowly coming together and I see some big things in their future.
    So, this is just an observation, but doesn't it seem that whenever Jrue starts to play more up-tempo, his effectiveness goes down on offense? Not surprisingly, that also seems to be related to his turnovers. I don't think I want Jrue's usage or shots up all that much, I think he's one of those players with an "effectiveness" sweet spot..

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    I think because of the energy he spends on defense. Reke becomes the facilitator on offense in late game situations...
    Eh. I actually think it's because Tyreke isn't a threat to spot up shoot, so he handles the ball so we can have good floor spacing, but if we are after floor spacing Tyreke should be on the bench for offense. Put in someone like Babbit or Gordon if we are looking for a easy lane to drive in.

Jrue would be a good #3 player on a championship caliber team. Just wish we had a better #2, think that could be a downfall of this roster

I understand the ball in Reke's hand at the end

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Am I the only one that predicted that junkie fade-away jumper? I was saying the same thing, that Jrue should have had the ball in that situation. If nothing else Reke should have driven to the basket.
    However, when he settles for the jumper it undermines all the possibilities. When Reke goes to the hole he creates so much havoc on the D and allows AD to normally finish when the rotation comes or he could dish it out to Ryno or Drue(plan). When he settles all these possibilities mean nothing.

Thread Information