Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Game Day Thread: Pelicans @ Thunder

Jrue should be running ISO rather than Reke at the end of games, but I'm glad we pulled it out. We need to quit making ourselves vulnerable with these significant scoring droughts. If we can do that, consistency will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Be careful what you say here bro, you will be called out for having "low basketball IQ" and you will be considered negative. U have to except everything here as fine or you will be a "troll". I totally agree with you. This is getting out of hand. This team lacks discipline and proper structure. Monty will is not the answer. Idc if we get into the playoffs, this team needs a new system and attitude. Players need to know their damn place. This is AD team.
    This is the basic, basketball equivalent of Fox News. Make a baseless statement, expect people to accept it without question, ignore them when they call you on it, and then complain that it's just "those damned liberals" when you have no response.

"This is getting out of hand" - What is? a .500 team that's on pace to be about 10 wins better than last year?
    "This team lacks discipline and proper structure." - Based on what?
    "Monty is not the answer" - to what? When you are the manager of an employee, you have to set standards for expectations. what exactly could he have done to make you happy? .600 ball? .700?
    "This team needs a new system and attitude" - How was their system and attitude during the SA, HOU road wins?
    "Players need to know their damn place" - Yet not one suggestion about how AD isn't getting into position when he needs to or demanding the ball in late-game situations.

You can have this opinion, just waiting for some substance..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    This is the basic, basketball equivalent of Fox News. Make a baseless statement, expect people to accept it without question, ignore them when they call you on it, and then complain that it's just "those damned liberals" when you have no response.

"This is getting out of hand" - What is? a .500 team that's on pace to be about 10 wins better than last year?
    "This team lacks discipline and proper structure." - Based on what?
    "Monty is not the answer" - to what? When you are the manager of an employee, you have to set standards for expectations. what exactly could he have done to make you happy? .600 ball? .700?
    "This team needs a new system and attitude" - How was their system and attitude during the SA, HOU road wins?
    "Players need to know their damn place" - Yet not one suggestion about how AD isn't getting into position when he needs to or demanding the ball in late-game situations.

You can have this opinion, just waiting for some substance..
    Agreed, was a naff reactionary post with 0 insight or analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    -

I know this sounds crazy but just Imagine that we actually DRAW UP A PLAY that moves the ball around!!!!! WOW!!!! I know that is asinine and dangerous but doesn't sound too bad ey? Especially considering the last 3 plays we had chance to make it a 2 score game!!! Especially considering the last 2-3 times down the court we ran ISO as well!!!! And guess what?? It didn't work!!! U know what the Definition is of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is?? Yes u do I won't answer,.and for if that is what MONTY drew up on the clip board?? Yes that is cause u must of missed the first 18 seconds of the play cause I see u keep referencing the last 6 seconds as if Reke was put in a bad spot at the end of the shot clock. So, I'll tell u what the first 18 seconds was, Reke standing at top of the key dribbling!!! So, yes that is what MONTY drew up like DAVIS himself said.....as for your other options?? yes give me holiday over westbrook in ISO any day over Reke on Roberson. Know why? Holiday is taller than his defender and a MUCH better shooter than reke. Also, know why?? Opposing players have the lowest fg % when going against Roberson IN THE ENTIRE NBA!!! Know what that means? Again I'm sure u do I wont answer. Just FYI..I always give this team credit and aint always negative but I will point out garbage basketball when it happens win or lose. GAME OVER, Have a good night.
    Well since you were so sure I wouldn't answer, I guess I win?

"that is what MONTY drew up on the clip board?? Yes that is cause u must of missed the first 18 seconds of the play" - You don't run a PNR with 22 seconds on the shot clock, up two. I'll let your post above clarify why teams actually use ISO when leading with under 1min left in the game.

Again, it's fine that you want Jrue over Tyreke. Jrue also got it stolen twice from Russ, which would lend to the idea that

"Isos are generally used at end of games because there is less of a chance of a live ball turnover (leading to an easy transition score by the other team). It is the most reliable way to get a shot up, as long as you have a guy capable of beating his man." (good explanation, kudos)

This is my basketball opinion: Davis over Ibaka ISO is a negative. I don't like Jrue over Westbrook when Russ is locked in defensively (Jrue also missed a lot of layups and had a lot of errant passes). I don't want a TURNOVER! Tyreke is the only guy on the team who can always get his shot up. Always. You can disagree, and that's ok. OKC is the #2 defense in the league (BTW you realize opp. FG% has as much to do with Adams and Ibaka as it does Roberson, right? Still, good, interesting stat. But it doesn't change my mind. And you forgot to mention that OKC as a whole is 3rd in that category).

"but I will point out garbage basketball when it happens win or lose." - But will you ever point out good basketball, or, most importantly, take the good and bad into context when discussing a player or coaches performance. Since you actually didn't respond, I'll ask you again. How is it that you wrote 500 words about how bad the coaching was and didn't mention that the team held the thunder to 0-11 to end the game? And that's not a good defensive team that turned it up. We spent 9 minutes getting shredded, and with that substitution we completely shut them down. And yes, we got better looks than the Thunder throughout that entire dry spell. How did you miss that? Could it be that emotions got the better of you?

Just as an outside observation, you seem to know at least an above average amount about what's happening out there. But when you sensationalize, report incompletely, and condescend it makes your arguments look about 5x as bad as they would otherwise. Let's see if you can avoid these when you respond next.

Big win for playoff hopes

Jrue played really good defense against the Thunder. That needs to be the status quo
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    Well since you were so sure I wouldn't answer, I guess I win?

"that is what MONTY drew up on the clip board?? Yes that is cause u must of missed the first 18 seconds of the play" - You don't run a PNR with 22 seconds on the shot clock, up two. I'll let your post above clarify why teams actually use ISO when leading with under 1min left in the game.

Again, it's fine that you want Jrue over Tyreke. Jrue also got it stolen twice from Russ, which would lend to the idea that

"Isos are generally used at end of games because there is less of a chance of a live ball turnover (leading to an easy transition score by the other team). It is the most reliable way to get a shot up, as long as you have a guy capable of beating his man." (good explanation, kudos)

This is my basketball opinion: Davis over Ibaka ISO is a negative. I don't like Jrue over Westbrook when Russ is locked in defensively (Jrue also missed a lot of layups and had a lot of errant passes). I don't want a TURNOVER! Tyreke is the only guy on the team who can always get his shot up. Always. You can disagree, and that's ok. OKC is the #2 defense in the league (BTW you realize opp. FG% has as much to do with Adams and Ibaka as it does Roberson, right? Still, good, interesting stat. But it doesn't change my mind. And you forgot to mention that OKC as a whole is 3rd in that category).

"but I will point out garbage basketball when it happens win or lose." - But will you ever point out good basketball, or, most importantly, take the good and bad into context when discussing a player or coaches performanceSince you actually didn't respond, I'll ask you again. How is it that you wrote 500 words about how bad the coaching was and didn't mention that the team held the thunder to 0-11 to end the game? And that's not a good defensive team that turned it up. We spent 9 minutes getting shredded, and with that substitution we completely shut them down. And yes, we got better looks than the Thunder throughout that entire dry spell. How did you miss that? Could it be that emotions got the better of you?

Just as an outside observation, you seem to know at least an above average amount about what's happening out there. But when you sensationalize, report incompletely, and condescend it makes your arguments look about 5x as bad as they would otherwise. Let's see if you can avoid these when you respond next.
    U must miss a lot of my posts.

Thread Information