Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs Trail Blazers 12/20/14

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I don't know what you guys are on, Monty is going to be coach of the year, and we are going to the finals.
    And Omer Asik is a top 3 center

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Russ is scared.
    Davis is outmatched
    Reke is being Reke
    Monty is going to get fired
    Maybe tonight but Davis was having a ridiculous season. He had to come back down to earth eventually. And besides he has dominated Aldridge before. quit overreacting

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Do you think this lose will light a fire under Dell to make a trade?
    I hope not.....he will do something stupid.

It's only one game guys. We can still take the state title.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    And Omer Asik is a top 3 center
    We get it, you don't like Asik.

No need to state it 50 times in one thread, dude.

Basketball Guru
    i hope this is a setup that the saints will blow Atlanta out tomorrow.

An incredibly inconsistent team collectively as a unit not a show up at home. Color me not surprised.

Only our teams seems to do that. Shoot 50% for majority of the week. Get above .500 for one game and get sent back down with a low .300 night and sitting at .500. It's like a work of art. Amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Funny, I thought Jimmer was some kind of shooter.
    Well he's not used correctly. He should be running through multiple screens. That is what you so with shooters that have no handle.

Instead the offense runs no differently with him in the game,

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I don't think Withey has every actually thrown down a dunk like that.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Well he's not used correctly. He should be running through multiple screens. That is what you so with shooters that have no handle.

Instead the offense runs no differently with him in the game,
    I'd believe you more if he at least made his open 3s. Or the ones he takes in transition.

Do you think we have better talent on our roster than the Suns or Blazers?

Yes, the sky is falling. The world is over. Everyone is awful and everyone needs to go. Monty obviously doesn't know how to coach.

Let's ignore how we've had a good run the last week and beaten some really good teams.

Let's only consider this one game to judge our entire team and to base all our future decisions on. And let's not forget to sensationalize everything.

Banned
    I can't believe the guy who scored 24 against the Knicks and the had 17 in a game with the Bulls can't shoot. Those are pretty much the live games i've seen and he was money. Don't get Jimmer...maybe, they were his only two good games.

Do you think we have better talent on our roster than the Suns or Blazers?
    Honestly I think it's close, it's sure as hell not 30 points different. But then when you have a good coach..well you see

Is it me.. or do the Pelicans seem to run offensive plays that resemble a highschool team, we do the same thing every set, and we are becoming so damn predictable..
    Watch Portlands offense in comparison and you'll know what i mean, they run something different every time, with many cuts and off ball screens aswell as ball movement, Lillard makes Jrue look like a bench player

This is why we generally can't produce in the 4th, because we run the same play we ran at the start of the game, with the oppositions adjusted defense, its so mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Is it me.. or do the Pelicans seem to run offensive plays that resemble a highschool team, we do the same thing every set, and we are becoming so damn predictable..
    Watch Portlands offense in comparison and you'll know what i mean, they run something different every time, with many cuts and off ball screens aswell as ball movement, Lillard makes Jrue look like a bench player
    I swear the 5th time I see those elevator doors sets or whatever the hell they call it, I want to bash in my own skull.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes, the sky is falling. The world is over. Everyone is awful and everyone needs to go. Monty obviously doesn't know how to coach.

Let's ignore how we've had a good run the last week and beaten some really good teams.

Let's only consider this one game to judge our entire team and to base all our future decisions on. And let's not forget to sensationalize everything.
    We did all that because of talent dude, not because of Coaching. But feel free to ignore the obvious.

You guys are overreacting. We are .500 31% into the season. This is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    Honestly I think it's close, it's sure as hell not 30 points different. But then when you have a good coach..well you see
    I was thinking the same thing. Good coaching is like airbrushing a cover photo.

Banned
    best post of the night.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

I understand where you are coming from. But deep down you know we shouldn't be getting kicked around like this with the personnel we have available, the way we've been playing, etc. The sky isn't falling, but not all symptoms are created equal. You may not go to the ER when you've got a cough, but you do when you cough up blood. Big difference.

Well if you don't overreact to this butt whipping now, they'll be .375 in April.

No excuse for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    We did all that because of talent dude, not because of Coaching. But feel free to ignore the obvious.
    The obvious of us shooting horribly and the Blazers being on fire? Yeah. Totally Monty's fault. I'm sure he slapped AD and forced him to crap a turd tonight. I'm sure it's all his fault that AD, Jrue, and Reke were a combined 8-37 tonight.

The obvious of us shooting horribly and the Blazers being on fire? Yeah. Totally Monty's fault. I'm sure he slapped AD and forced him to crap a turd tonight. I'm sure it's all his fault that AD, Jrue, and Reke were a combined 8-37 tonight.
    yeh but remember also, their struggles came off bad looks and stupid possessions, IMO those looks is due to the coaches offensive philosophy

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    a tad over 20% shooting from Davis, Holiday, and Evans combined along with Portland making almost everything after 3 overtimes the night before.... just a single game and one that is definitely the exception to the rule..... it stinks and hurts, but it happens....go figure.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

One of the reasons they were 8-37 was the horrible shot selection, well in this offense it's the only shot selection. Will say they some of the lay ups were in and out.

Thread Information