Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs Trail Blazers 12/20/14

Tyreke still inconsistent as hell

what does monty bring to the team? is he making us better? will he ever coach a defense that is at least competent? will he ever coach an offense that is consistent? how long does he have to be here for us to answer these questions? Maybe it isn't his fault, maybe it is the lack of talent, but has he proven anything in his tenure here? Can he get this team over the hump and into the playoffs, and if they get there can his offense or defense be successful there?
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    Is it me.. or do the Pelicans seem to run offensive plays that resemble a highschool team, we do the same thing every set, and we are becoming so damn predictable..
    Watch Portlands offense in comparison and you'll know what i mean, they run something different every time, with many cuts and off ball screens aswell as ball movement, Lillard makes Jrue look like a bench player

This is why we generally can't produce in the 4th, because we run the same play we ran at the start of the game, with the oppositions adjusted defense, its so mediocre
    That pick and roll where Jrue stalls and is just desperately waiting for Davis to get open. Over and over again, painful to watch..

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    yeh but remember also, their struggles came off bad looks and stupid possessions, IMO those looks is due to the coaches offensive philosophy
    Solely due to the coach? Could be possible. So that means you think the inverse is true, right? When AD has his "Holy Efficiency, Batman!" nights (which is way more often than not), is that solely coaching also? He gets great looks and great possessions in a lot of those games...

Banned
    There is always next game. We will get em next time.

yeh but remember also, their struggles came off bad looks and stupid possessions, IMO those looks is due to the coaches offensive philosophy
    We have been top 10 in points per game this season. Yeah that offensive philosophy of Monty must be awful.

How quickly people forget everything with just 1 bad game.

They're just better than us. Painful lesson for this team.

Rookie
    Just a bad game. On to the next one. Hope the team learns from it

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    a tad over 20% shooting from Davis, Holiday, and Evans combined along with Portland making almost everything after 3 overtimes the night before.... just a single game and one that is definitely the exception to the rule..... it stinks and hurts, but it happens....go figure.....
    I appreciate your perspective, sir. Blowouts happen in the NBA to even the best of them. It sucks, coaches and players should have responsibility, but move on and evaluate the trends and big picture.

Stupid ESPN needs to stop giving Phoenix the tie breaker. The Pelicans are still in the 8th spot based on conference record. Not Phoenix.

Just got back home from game. No offense. No Defense. Hope this game is an anomaly. Pelicans were set up for a victory with Blazers coming off 3 OT win. Rivers goes for 21 with 11-12 from FT line and Ryno contributes 16 yet Asik, Evans, Holiday and Davis contribute only 23 Pt's on 10 of 42? Lillard only takes 12 shots yet Pelicans allow LMA, Batum, Kaman and Robinson to go 31 of 48? Man I hate allowing Kaman ,the slouch to score 16 pts. Hopefully will rebound with a solid victory against the Thunder tomorrow night. Disappointed and disgusted.
    Season ticket holder since 2002
    Mostly just trying to satisfy my OCD tendencies by getting to 3,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    We have been top 10 in points per game this season. Yeah that offensive philosophy of Monty must be awful.

How quickly people forget everything with just 1 bad game.
    Again that top 10 points per game is because of the players not the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican_Brief View Post
    Really? So if Monty doesn't instill any kind of game plan you still think we are top 10 in points per game? Come on now

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Really? So if Monty doesn't instill any kind of game plan you still think we are top 10 in points per game? Come on now
    What game plan man?!?! What gameplan????? It's easy to be top 10 in scoring when you don't play any defense.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    It's easy to be top 10 in scoring when you don't play any defense.
    This is going to take some explaining. How exactly is going against a set defense after a team scores any easier?

Game Day Thread! Pelicans vs Trail Blazers 12/20/14

I'm not mad at all. We looked great this week. Blowouts happen in the NBA. We blew some good teams out in the past couple threes years of suckage and those fan bases probably wanted to burn down their respective team's arenas. Blowouts just happen. This blowout happened to be delivered by a good team with a lot of momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    This was a reply back to Mythrol who thinks we are. I say hell no

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    What game plan man?!?! What gameplan????? It's easy to be top 10 in scoring when you don't play any defense.
    This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum. That's an amazing accomplishment when you think about some of the stuff people have said here in the past.

Not playing defense means we are able to beat set defenses? Wtf.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    It's not just 1 bad game!!!

This team has problems on defense

Solution isn't easy

This was a reply back to Mythrol who thinks we are. I say hell no
    Then you'd be wrong. One game does not make or break a team. This year we have been very successful on offense.

You want to be upset about bad playing and a bad game, go right ahead. But please do not try to judge an entire team for the entire season of played games by one bad game.

Where were the Monty needs a raise people after the Houston and Cleveland games?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read on this forum. That's an amazing accomplishment when you think about some of the stuff people have said here in the past.

Not playing defense means we are able to beat set defenses? Wtf.
    There's are numerous teams in the nba that are good at offense and bad at defense. Including us. our team focuses solely on offense which is why our D is so bad. Golden state used to be the same way and now they are good on both sides. Honestly though, there hasn't been a time that I've posted and you haven't had a witty comment, so keep replying buddy keep replying. Your unbelievable. Do I need to list off teams who are offensively focused therefore struggle on defense? Holy **** dude holy ****. Just ignore me completely I hate having to explain myself like everybody else does. You are no basketball guru.

Thread Information