Pelicans Report

Thread: How to beat the Blazers

How to beat the Blazers

I have mentioned my plan on this board once before and was called an evil villain, which I took as a compliment. I think it should be used every single time we play a Damian Lillard team and especially during the playoffs. Damian Lillard is afraid of historic statues. If our season is on the line we must, MUST have a mime or statute courtside. I am fine with forking over some of the cost to get a French quarter performer right next to the Blazer bench. Who will stand with me and help us get the edge???

Here is a quote from Lillard, himself: "I've always been scared of historic stuff like that. If I see statues of Jesus, Abraham Lincoln, Martin Luther King Jr. - all that stuff kind of gives me a funny feeling," Lillard said.

"The last room was Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln - all these big-time historic people, and it looked just like them. Same size," he said. "They had music playing in the room to set the mood, and it just threw me off."

"Ever since then, I'm done. Even at Lake Oswego (near Portland), I drive past the cemetery, and there's a statue of Jesus with his hands up. That even scared me. I don't mess with statues no more. It's the idea that they're from so far back, and so big in our history. Just to see something that looks so close to them, it's weird. It freaks me out."

Or even there could be like a hundred fat heads in stands of all those different people Lincoln, Malcolm x, Jesus all behind the basket. He would be so freaked out. Can not imagine a tougher environment for him to play. They will likely make a 30 for 30 on how the pelican fans gave one of the nba's rising stars a psychotic break.

Sounds just far enough out there to work. Where do I sign up?

Banned
    play them after a triple overtime game. This game will be 10 points or more.

if we lose the next game, i will be very angry
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Wait can the fans do the mask thing? That's an epic idea, our fans would go down in history.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    you could try something like this, or maybe just minimize the impact their 3rd, 4th, and 5th options have on the game....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    you could try something like this, or maybe just minimize the impact their 3rd, 4th, and 5th options have on the game....
    I think this thread is what the fans could do to help win the game. Monty got the actual gameplan for the players

Certainly a bit of a random phobia but I can agree that some historical legislation is pretty damn scary.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I watched the Spurs/Blazers last night and Lillard basically was their entire offense in the overtimes and they still couldn't stop him. I don't know if his teammate's legs just stopped after so much playing time or what but no one else could hit a shot so it became Lillard vs the Spurs. Lillard is incredible. I hate that most people just think of him as Mr. Clutch. He has made a lot of game winners, but he plays like that all game long. He's a fun player to watch. I really liked Aldridge in the past but he really fell in love with his jumper over the last couple years. I think Lillard deserves more recognition for the Blazer's success.

I hope that we play well tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Just score more points than they do, or slow them down to less points than we scored by the end of the 4th.

Kidding apart, I think Jrue has to put pressure on Lillar from minute one, have others starting the offense for portland, because Lillard usually goes wherever he wants with the ball, and despite his low assist numbers, he sets the tone of their offense. Them being tired plays a big part on it, of course.

Thread Information