Pelicans Report

Thread: We got to get this win tonight.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar

We got to get this win tonight.

We need to get away from .500. OKC is on our heels. We gotta start putting pressure on the teams in contention for 8th seed. Now is the time to start getting 2, 3, 4 games over, to build a cushion

Easy game on paper too

We usually do bad against Indy because of Hibby. Our guards are going to get blocked repeatedly. If our shot isnt falling, this could get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    Easy game on paper too
    Paper unfortunately don't mean squat. Indy may not have the firepower it used to, but they are still a very good defensive team and tough to beat at home. This game will be a dog fight.
    the Legend has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    Paper unfortunately don't mean squat. Indy may not have the firepower it used to, but they are still a very good defensive team and tough to beat at home. This game will be a dog fight.
    True but if we want to stand any chance of making the playoffs can't lose games like this

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyDavis23 View Post
    True but if we want to stand any chance of making the playoffs can't lose games like this
    I agree 100%. A winning record against the weaker teams in the East is a must if we want to have any shot at the postseason.

Every game counts - yes, while OKC and PHX are right behind us, but we also have a legit shot of bumping SAS and moving into the 7th seed before the end of the year. Look at the road ahead rather than the rear view.

If we hold the 8th seed going into Jan then we have a really solid chance of stretching that lead.

I wouldn't call tonight "must win but a win is nice."

George Hill will play tonight. Won't make things any easier

This is a game I really want to bet heavy on the pellies being only a 1.5 point favorite to win. Yeah, on paper this looks like a win already. Our mindset this game needs to be to LOCK UP on defense, and I mean lock up. Forget offense, seriously forget it. We will score our points by doing what we do best. I want to see if this team can actually hold their opponent to under 90 points. The only 2 players capable of scoring on Indy are D west and Hibbert. D west will have his hands full on both sides. This is where Asik can prove me wrong and make a name for himself. Or this is where Asik gets posted up by hibbert and can't jump when hibbert hits his easy hook shots and shoots wide open mid-ranges where Asik does not like to even contend. What I also don't want is Asik attempting a single shot unless WIDE OPEN. If he gets blocked by the rim as much as he does then Hibbert will have a field day. Omer Asik is the key to winning this game, him alone on both sides. He absolutely cannot lay another egg. Everybody else will do their thing bc they are matched up well with who will be guarding them and vice versa. But this game is on Asik.

Forever at .500. I really hope we get a win. Just not feeling it. This gravitational pull to .500 is unreal and such a tease.

Win a game and get above ,500
    Lose a game and back .500
    Win a game and get above .500
    lose 2 games and get below .500
    win 3 games and right back at 1 game above .500
    lose a game and stuck at .500

It's better than. .382 though lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Forever at .500. I really hope we get a win. Just not feeling it. This gravitational pull to .500 is unreal and such a tease.

Win a game and get above ,500
    Lose a game and back .500
    Win a game and get above .500
    lose 2 games and get below .500
    win 3 games and right back at 1 game above .500
    lose a game and stuck at .500

It's better than. .382 though lol.
    Playing the most difficult schedule in the league, with 16 on the road (12 at home) will do that. Especially with a young, low IQ team like this one.

Just need a nice stretch of below .500 teams in a row like other teams have had. Won't happen until mid January unfortunately. Even those will all be on the road.

This is one of those games where I would love to see Monty give AD a ton of minutes at center and play Ryno and Cunningham at the PF. Honestly I think Ajinca may be a better fit against Hibbert than Asik. I love what Asik can do for this team defensively and I think he is the perfect fit next to AD, but the Hibbert matchup is a is a poor one for him. By playing Asik vs Hibbert, you play perfectly to Hibbert's strength: allowing him to sit in the paint defensively. The way to beat him is by matching him up with a jump shooter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We're better than Pacers , I think we'll win too but there is not such a thing as an easy game . Never underestimate your opponent in life

Never underestimate your opponent in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

I can see us letting this one slip away. We should probably win, but I don't trust our team yet. There are still too many issues to expect consistency from them.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I can see us letting this one slip away. We should probably win, but I don't trust our team yet. There are still too many issues to expect consistency from them.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they underestimate their opponents in life.

We play a sub .500 team tonight but don't stress next up we are home to the defending champs & then next night travel to play the most talent team out east on there floor in Chicago. Then a couple of days later playing a tough Phoenix team @ home and the next night travel to Spurs to play them again. Why not? It's under control, pelicans are just gonna breeze through to 2015

I am worried, even in houston asik couldnt contain hibbert. Add to it the fact that he has a back injury. I prefer cunningham get a bulk of tyreke's minutes because he is one of few pelicans that can consistently hit jumpdhots
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if they underestimate their opponents in life.
    Stop it man, I'm loling

Thread Information