Pelicans Report

Thread: Jrue Holiday's defense, Monty Williams' adjustments, and Tyreke Evans' heroball

Pelicans Jrue Holiday's defense, Monty Williams' adjustments, and Tyreke Evans' heroball

Hey guys, I wrote a rather long break down of the Pels-Thunder 4th q. I put a bit of my heart and soul into and I'll appreciate if you guys give it a look and leave some feed back.

http://redd.it/2q7qzj
    Last edited by Kumar; 12-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Hey guys, I wrote a rather long break down of the Pels-Thunder 4th q. I put a bit of my heart and soul into and I'll appreciate if you guys give it a look and leave some feed back.

TLDR, except for the part on Evans. I wonder if Evans know's he is third on the pecking order or even fourth if Ryno is out there? Do players actually talk about this with coaches?

Hey kumar, can you please put it on different website? For some reason reddit is banned in my country
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

Very nice breakdown. This go to show multiple decisions by Monty and drawn up plays that worked. It also shows the potential on the defensive end by us.

I'd like to know exact what lead to Tyreke at the end of the game. I understand him having the ball, Jrue was locked in on defense and was expending his energy there. I'm just wondering if Monty was letting Tyreke be Tyreke and expecting put backs (we had 3 bigs in to clean up the glass) or if Tyreke was seeing something and turning down play calls.

Jrue's defense, Monty inbound plays, and going 3 big won the game for us. Really impressive breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by odine View Post
    Hey kumar, can you please put it on different website? For some reason reddit is banned in my country
    I'll see what I can do for you. In the meantime your best bet may be a proxy.

Kumar, this is exceptional.

When re-visiting those plays following those timeouts, it's obvious that Monty has more of a handle on offensive playcalling than I first thought. While AD was the primary recipient of Jrue's assists, it's clear that Jrue has multiple options (could spot both Rivers and RA open for three following the PnR) out of these sets.

Evans as the primary ballhandler down the stretch is a head-scratcher. My only guess is that, because Jrue must save his energy for D, Tyreke is charged with handling the offensive load. We call it poor bball IQ and selfishness, but honestly, he's hit shots like that in the past (game-winner against Portland, for instance), and he was pretty close to making that banker. Nevertheless, my biggest criticism is Monty calling these plays (which, in some iteration of their design, must mean Evans having the choice of waving off AD's screen) despite FORCING the ball to AD.

Overall, great breakdown my friend. Shame to those who choose not to read based on its length.

I'll see what I can do for you. In the meantime your best bet may be a proxy.
    Problem solved, iam reading it now

Great read kumar, thank you. Reke's tunnel vision is a problem. Truth be told, when I learned that reke to the lineup in the blazers game, I knew pelicans would have a rough night and I was right

I haven't got a chance to read it being the Holidays and all but just wanted to say I've really liked the work you've don on the reddit board for us and I look forward to reading it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information