Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: PELS Interested In Jeff Green

If we give up Gordon for Jeff Green I don't understand how many of you won't do it. Green's contract is just as long yet for about 6 million less than Gordon's, it also allows us to finally gain a sf. Many of you say that we should hang onto Gordon and just flip him next year but couldn't we do the same thing for Green? (With possibly better results). He wouldn't be more than a 4th/5th option here behind davis, ryno, jrue, tyreke.

As long as we find away to give up Gordon ' s contract I think it's a fantastic move

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    If we give up Gordon for Jeff Green I don't understand how many of you won't do it. Green's contract is just as long yet for about 6 million less than Gordon's, it also allows us to finally gain a sf. Many of you say that we should hang onto Gordon and just flip him next year but couldn't we do the same thing for Green? (With possibly better results). He wouldn't be more than a 4th/5th option here behind davis, ryno, jrue, tyreke.

As long as we find away to give up Gordon ' s contract I think it's a fantastic move
    How dare you... come in here making sense. Get out of here with that mess.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    How dare you... come in here making sense. Get out of here with that mess.
    Agreed. BAN for "reasoning".

I agree wholeheartedly, but has there been any indication that Boston would take Gordon for Green? What's in it for them?

I was going to post the same thing. People keep saying we don't need another ball dominate player. Well geesh does anyone think that might have to do with how much he is asked to do on offense for the Celtics? He can be a decoy and space the floor at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly, but has there been any indication that Boston would take Gordon for Green? What's in it for them?

Making sense?

Ludiculous's post is ludicrous. It's a giant straw man that no one is arguing. Its a straw man that Boston isn't even considering.

If there was an offer on the table for gordon for green and that's it. Everyone here takes it..... No ****.

But that isn't the offer Boston is seeking and there is zero evidence they will accept that. So it's a non-starter argument and is a worthless waste of words that for some reason a bunch of you all see as some weird rallying point to justify wanting Green.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    Oh absolutely nothing haha. If we get rid of Gordon it's most certainly a three team trade. With Gordon going elsewhere. Unless for whatever reason Ainge was suddenly inceptioned into thinking Gordon is a great piece to build around. That would Def win Leo an oscar.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Agreed. BAN for "reasoning".
    No I promise it won't happen again. How about. Uhh. How about. Fredette for Jimmy Butler!!

There am I beyond reason again.

Don't ban me!

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Making sense?

Ludiculous's post is ludicrous. It's a giant straw man that no one is arguing. Its a straw man that Boston isn't even considering.

If there was an offer on the table for gordon for green and that's it. Everyone here takes it..... No ****.

But that isn't the offer Boston is seeking and there is zero evidence they will accept that. So it's a non-starter argument and is a worthless waste of words that for some reason a bunch of you all see as some weird rallying point to justify wanting Green.
    Was there an offer on the table. We will never know. Unfortunately as fans we are subject to rumor. And we have only heard rumor that we are intrested in Green. You and a few other people questioned why we would want Green.

Well I gave you a reason. If we give up Gordon in the process it's a no brainer. You said it your self.

Was there an offer on the table. We will never know. Unfortunately as fans we are subject to rumor. And we have only heard rumor that we are intrested in Green. You and a few other people questioned why we would want Green.

Well I gave you a reason. If we give up Gordon in the process it's a no brainer. You said it your self.
    I would trade Salmons and Babbitt for Draymond Green too. But seeing as that is not in the realm of reality I don't use unrealistic arguments when people are discussing reality.

And if the only scenario you can concoct to justify obtaining a talent is an implausible one-sided scenario, you are honestly doing more to prove the other guys argument then bolstering your own.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 12-19-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Does he really need to clarify that it has to be a reason that even has a 1% chance of happening?

That reason is useless because its not one that Boston would ever do. I could just as easily say, let's trade Gordon for Durant!

The rumour was "Boston will trade Green to the Pels for a 1st." People ask why would we want a high usage SF who has been kinda average? And the answer is, "What if Boston takes Gordon?"

Wut?

Making sense?

And to call my post ludicrous because it has no basis is incredibly stupid seeing as this whole thread is about A RUMOR that we are intrested in Green. (that could very well have no basis as well)

No I promise it won't happen again. How about. Uhh. How about. Fredette for Jimmy Butler!!

There am I beyond reason again.

Don't ban me!
    That's not far-fetched enough!

Now come back when you have some Santa Clause/Mork trades proposed.

Making sense?

Why does noone want to trade for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Why does noone want to trade for me?

too soft

And to call my post ludicrous because it has no basis is incredibly stupid seeing as this whole thread is about A RUMOR that we are intrested in Green. (that could very well have no basis as well)
    The rumor of Boston seeking a first and the rumor of N.O. being interested in Green are both plausible rumors. Verifiable 100%? No, unless something goes down or one side confirms.

What you injected into the conversation was outlandish implausibility. And Im not even sure why? Because again, if the only argument that can be concocted that you perceive would change the tone of peoples willingness to acquire Green is an implausible one-sided trade, you are indirectly confirming what the people who were arguing against a plausible Green-to-the-Pelicans trade are saying. That he isn't worth giving up real, quality value for.

Giving up a first rounder in exchange of Green would be a huge mistake for us!

Why don't we go back to 2008 and trade Hedo Turkoglu or Tayshaun Prince?

I would do a Gordon and 2017/18 1st for Green and Bass. Is that reasonable?

Gordon is the least tradable guy in the nba after Joe Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by big_peli View Post
    Gordon is the least tradable guy in the nba after Joe Johnson
    I would love to trade Gordon for Joe Johnson.

Speaking of Gordon, I noticed this yesterday:

I think some of you really underestimate Gordon's trade value in terms of time. His 15m contract is off the books when many free agents become available. Kevin Durant obviously leads that class. Kobe, Howard, and Mike Conley also in the class as unrestricted FA. Lebron will most likely keep taking one year contracts until he finds the team he feels gives him multiple rings. That class of free agents will probably be best of all time if you include the restricted free agents.

For a team like the Celtics it is not a high risk situation. They don't have an AD to build around. It's all setting up future moves for them.

Thread Information