Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: PELS Interested In Jeff Green

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Three team trade:

-Gordon & Freddete to Hornets
    -Stephenson & 1st rounder to Boston
    -Jeff Green & PJ Hairston to NOLA

If we could get Hornets to buy into Gordon then this trade is possible. He is only 25, and it just feels like he would fit in perfectly with them.
    I think this is more realistic than people are giving credit for. The Hornets are DESPERATE to get rid of Stephenson. All the Hornets guys on RealGM would do a Gordon-Stephenson swap in a heartbeat.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Ainge is reportedly trying to get rid of:

Nelson
    Crowder
    Wallace
    Green

Maybe now's when we can get rid of Gordon?

Gordon/1st
    for
    Green/Crowder

Why would Boston do us the solid of taking Gordon for a first they can get elsewhere for green?

The Franchise
    I like green but I think wilson Chandler would be a better because of the team option 2nd year. If that can't happen I would do some kind of CONDITIONAL first for green.

I think gordon would have to be in play so a three way with hornets sounds reasonable if they really want to get rid of lance.

The other trade with only Boston I'd do too but have to be today so we have options to trade wallace before the trade deadline. Also no Nelson which I'm not sure we could get anyway cause Boston just got him.

Our 1st round pic will be more enticing than the other teams that are interested in Green.

The whole "not getting to the playoffs since Chris Paul left" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Our 1st round pic will be more enticing than the other teams that are interested in Green.

The whole "not getting to the playoffs since Chris Paul left" thing.
    No it won't.

What the hell is Boston's plan?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No....Gordon will be back in 2-3 weeks.
    Green has two years left on his contract so we can't use the injury thingo.
    He was talking about the injured player exemption. 5.6 mil i think.

PELS Interested In Jeff Green

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    He was talking about the injured player exemption. 5.6 mil i think.
    Yes. And Aussie answered it. Gordon is coming back so therefor the exemption isn't possible and even if he was we couldn't get Green because he has 2 years in him deal ( player option doesn't matter).
    Last edited by Mythrol; 12-19-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Could we proactively offer Boston our pick next year
    if it doesn't go to Houston?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes. And Aussie answered it. Gordon is coming back so therefor the exemption isn't possible and even if he was we couldn't get Green because he has 2 years in him deal ( player option doesn't matter).
    I know there were just rumors that if he was out for longer than the 2-3 weeks that we could possibly get some exemption. I didn't think it was set in stone for certain he was returning other than an occasional "he's going to try to return" from Joel.

The 2 year deal thing makes sense though. If Gordon doesn't return for some reason that exemption still might be an option just somewhere else.

After we acquire the pick yes, but I don't think it's possible to do that while Houston still has a possibility of having our pick next year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I know there were just rumors that if he was out for longer than the 2-3 weeks that we could possibly get some exemption. I didn't think it was set in stone for certain he was returning other than an occasional "he's going to try to return" from Joel.

The 2 year deal thing makes sense though. If Gordon doesn't return for some reason that exemption still might be an option just somewhere else.
    Yes. That's true. If Gordon can't play we basically have until Jan 15th to apply for the exemption. Gordon can attempt to come back and if it doesn't work he can opt for the surgery and we can still get it.

But Green isn't an option at all. Even if we got the exemption his contract is too long and he is also owed too much money.

Maybe it's why Rivers and Withey have been getting so much playing time.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Maybe it's why Rivers and Withey have been getting so much playing time.
    I guess it's possible. Tho Rivers I think is getting PT because he's our best guard off the bench.

The Franchise
    I think the way it works is if Houston doesn't get the pick, we have to make the pick. Can't be traded because there is a chance that Houston gets our pick next year and that can't happen(consecutive year thing). We could make the pick for someone and then trade them and that would work but how would you word that in a trade now. If you want to trade a first its all contingent on when Houston gets theirs. So if Houston doesn't get the pick for 2 years Boston wouldn't get a first for 4years. That's why I don't think Boston does it unless a third party gets involved.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I think the way it works is if Houston doesn't get the pick, we have to make the pick. Can't be traded because there is a chance that Houston gets our pick next year and that can't happen(consecutive year thing). We could make the pick for someone and then trade them and that would work but how would you word that in a trade now. If you want to trade a first its all contingent on when Houston gets theirs. So if Houston doesn't get the pick for 2 years Boston wouldn't get a first for 4years. That's why I don't think Boston does it unless a third party gets involved.
    That's basically how it works as far as the Houston trade goes. We get the pick or they do. If we get it we can do a draft day trade or just keep the player.

The part I'm not certain about is the rules about trading another 1st when we already owe a conditional one. If it was a specific year pick then that makes it easy to understand. However because of the weird structure of the Houston pick I don't know how we would word another 1st.

Gordon would be a much more valuable trading piece if next year wasn't a player option. Dammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No it won't.
    When the other teams interested are Memphis and Clippers,

our pick is more enticing. It will be perceived as a higher pick given the Grizzlies/Clippers playoffs history over the past several years.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    If we make a trade with Boston for a SF it won't be Green. We don't have the assets to make that happen. But Ainge is reportedly shopping Crowder already who they picked up in the Rondo trade. He doesn't have great production, only a 12.9 PER, but his skill set fits our needs pretty well, can defend multiple positions and hit the corner 3. In many ways he'd be like Cunningham, not a great player but plugs some holes that very much need plugging, especially after seeing Salmons do his thing last night.

Another interesting hairstyle to add to our mohawks, bobs and afro puffs.

The Franchise

our pick is more enticing. It will be perceived as a higher pick given the Grizzlies/Clippers playoffs history over the past several years.
    Not when the pick could potentially be 4 or 5 years from now.

We would have to take on Wallace if we trade Gordon. Don't see a way around that. Wallace has two years left. Could we let him go and stretch the contract?

Can we even trade Gordon if he is injured?

If we took Wallace in a Gordon trade, he'd be easier to move.

Portland has reportedly wanted him back. Just don't know how long we'd have to keep him before trading.

AND KEEP HIM FAR AWAY FROM RYNO!

Are they really the only only two teams interested? I don't even understand the Clippers interest when they have Barnes.

Thread Information