Pelicans Report

Thread: Should Jazz have to return team to New Orleans after beatdown?

Should Jazz have to return team to New Orleans after beatdown?

Everyone know that Utah is the least Jazziest place in the entire world, which is discomforting for New Orleans basketball fans who saw their team (albeit they were only a few years old at the time) and the name move out to SLC in 1980. But Tuesday's beatdown of the Jazz by the Pelicans was cathartic in a way. Perhaps a wager should be made in the next match-up in which Utah would be required to put the Jazz name back where it belongs...in New Orleans. I'm not saying the Pelicans should be renamed the Jazz (although I personally would be fine with it) only that the Mormons retire it from use. And then they can call themselves something else....the Salt Lakers perhaps?

Idk that I'd call it a beatdown. We got outplayed for 75% of the game

7 game series for the rights to the name let go!!!

First you didn't watch that game, and second its done and over with. You just have to accept, it is what it is. Go Pels!

well while we played like crap, we still won 2/4 quarters.

That's what I saw too. The Jazz name def does not belong in Utah. I wish you would be more supportive of my efforts KennaBrah and PhilJFry.

All-Star
    That was not a beat down. I wouldn't mind giving the name back to New Orleans....It doesn't fit Utah very well.

Sorry bro didn't mean to be a downer. Did I wanted the name back yes, but just time to move on and support the Pelicans.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I love the name Pelicans and all the branding that came along with it. Jazz (Name and brand) is boring IMO

I for one was pulling for The Krewe when potential names were introduced...but anyway it's just sad because NOLA is the birthplace of jazz...

Oh hell naw! I've already bought enough Pelicans crap to last a lifetime.

Well...just imagine the appreciation in value that stuff will have once the Pelicans name is no more.

Take the vintage Washington Bullets apparel available on EBay for instance: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...+jersey&_frs=1

Thread Information