Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PELS Interested In Jeff Green

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Three team trade:

-Gordon & Freddete to Hornets
    -Stephenson & 1st rounder to Boston
    -Jeff Green & PJ Hairston to NOLA

If we could get Hornets to buy into Gordon then this trade is possible. He is only 25, and it just feels like he would fit in perfectly with them.
    I would seriously **** my pants if that trade happened.
    But something tells me that Charlotte doesn't want to get rid of Lance that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Why would you per36 those stats
    36 is his favorite number

Quote Originally Posted by bojangles837 View Post
    Why would you per36 those stats
    because say someone is averaging a certain amount of points and another player is averaging less, some will say he is or isn't as good as an offensive player as the other. Per36 is an extremely helpful metric to me. Why do u ask?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    because say someone is averaging a certain amount of points and another player is averaging less, some will say he is or isn't as good as an offensive player as the other. Per36 is an extremely helpful metric to me. Why do u ask?
    Because he is literally playing 2 minutes less than 36

Quote Originally Posted by CarwinLikeWhoa View Post
    exactly, it shows he is a legit 20+ point scorer.

4 rebs for a 6'9 player? Not impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    4 rebs for a 6'9 player? Not impressed
    im not too worried about his rebounding. We have 2 guys averaging over 10 a game and our SG gets 6. If he can be a 3 and D, while also finishing at the rim at a high rate ill be elated.

I like him a lot since his thunder days . I would love to have him for a 1st rounder but we can't give away a significant player in return , especially tyreke...

Quote Originally Posted by moon54 View Post
    I like him a lot since his thunder days . I would love to have him for a 1st rounder but we can't give away a significant player in return , especially tyreke...
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    lol the celtics.

lol the celtics.
    Why?

The Celtics save around 7M next season while we get our starting 3 our backup 3 and a back up vet PG.

Why?

The Celtics save around 7M next season while we get our starting 3 our backup 3 and a back up vet PG.
    but they can get more than just shedding salary for jeff green.

but they can get more than just shedding salary for jeff green.
    True but they will want to get rid of Wallace as well.
    I guess they don't have to worry about the lux so I guess this trade sucks balls.

Boston say's no. They want a 1st. I'm tempted to say yes but Gerald Wallace contract is a deal breaker.

another positive, he is a BEAST on 2k and i would be able to beat even more now with him.

jrue
    tyreke
    green
    ad
    asik

oh my

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Lord please. We've already traded away all the other 1st rounders. No need to stop now. Green would be huge for this team.
    EXACTLY. It's us vs. them. The Pelican Way vs.the Sixers way of building a contender. You can't be wrond Dell! Fire away, you've already played the hand

1st round picks aren't what they are made to be, sure every once in awhile u can land someone like kawhi leonard late, but how rare is that, ill always taken a proven player over a drafted player, unless he's a top 5 pick, its a crapshoot, and even then top 5 picks don't always work out. The draft is a great way to build "IF" you happen to draft someone who doesn't bust because u get them for cheap, but thats like hoping to win the lottery, u can't rely on luck every time, plus we landed AD, i don't think we need luck anymore, we need to surround him with great players like we are. This team with Jeff Green IMO can compete with any single team in the NBA.

PLUS how bout that friggin size???

Jrue 6"4
    Tyreke 6"6
    Green 6"9
    AD 6"11
    Asik 7ft

biggest team in da league.

36 is his favorite number
    36 is 63 backwards.

RIP Phil Hughes.

I'm With A-GO Contributor jeeves's Avatar
    63*

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Guru, you're drunk. I know you know the rules. Again, how do we match salaries?
    We can't trade the 2016 because we don't know that we will have it. We may keep 2015s in which case we would owe 2016's unless there is protection on that one as well. At that point the value of our firsts is viewed as fairly low because most think our future is bright meaning they're trading a player for what looks to be around the 20th+ pick of 2017. They can probably get more than that for Green.
    It's a good thing we can trade picks up to 7 years in the future . Honestly the more i read this board the more i see how Cleveland fell into their initial roster with Lebron. Keep trading picks and every asset they had to do the stop gap solution and then in the end you're left w an aging has been roster.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CarwinLikeWhoa View Post
    glol

No....Gordon will be back in 2-3 weeks.
    Green has two years left on his contract so we can't use the injury thingo.
    Trade a high usage player for a high usage players, thats why im all G for trading a guy like ryno or Tyreke for Green because we are basically swapping production but at a SF position of need

If we make a trade with Boston for a SF it won't be Green. We don't have the assets to make that happen. But Ainge is reportedly shopping Crowder already who they picked up in the Rondo trade. He doesn't have great production, only a 12.9 PER, but his skill set fits our needs pretty well, can defend multiple positions and hit the corner 3. In many ways he'd be like Cunningham, not a great player but plugs some holes that very much need plugging, especially after seeing Salmons do his thing last night.

Thread Information