Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Game Day Thread! Pelicans @ Rockets 12/18/14

Just got finished watching game tonight. Great win by our Pelicans tonight. Loved the flow of the game. Let me start off by saying that Cunningham is a god send. He is tough, he hustles his butt off, and he plays both ends of the floor very well. We must keep this guy on the team. Let me also say that I'm not very impressed with asik's toughness. Ryno played howard tougher than Asik. One play that stood out to me was in the 1h where rockets had fast break and Asik was last man back. Asik showed absolutely no effort what so ever to block the layup or get in the guys way to the hoop. It ain't like Asik had to run from behind either, Asik was actually back by the goal already. It was quite pathetic actually. Too many times howard would back him down with no resistance at all. Asik gets caught ball watching ALOT. Idk man but I really hope we do not break the bank for him. IMHO he's not worth more then 10m per year when the time comes to offer up a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Salmons and Jimmer make no sense
    Salmons just had a bad night. He had to play more minutes because Tyreke was out. I'd keep him for Vet leadership...he's seen it all and not afraid. The young guys will feed off of that....Jimmer, on the other hand has been a disappointment....

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Salmons and Jimmer make no sense
    Salmons just had a bad night. He had to play more minutes because Tyreke was out. I'd keep him for Vet leadership...he's seen it all and not afraid. The young guys will feed off of that....Jimmer, on the other hand has been a disappointment....

Quote Originally Posted by SaintPelican225 View Post
    Yea I agree, I've seen enough of jimmer's ugly, non falling , brickin it every time shot. Lol..seriously if he can't make his 3pt shot on a consistent basis. He's not worth a jersey.

How about Rivers' D? On Harden most of the night and held the league's leading scorer to 21 points. Yes he can't shoot, but do we really need him to? AD, Jure, Flamethrower are our 1,2,3 and we have Reke and Cunningham coming off the bench.

The MVP of this game imo was Jrue holiday. His defense on harden was special.

Quote Originally Posted by tjharris View Post
    How about Rivers' D? On Harden most of the night and held the league's leading scorer to 21 points. Yes he can't shoot, but do we really need him to? AD, Jure, Flamethrower are our 1,2,3 and we have Reke and Cunningham coming off the bench.
    Rivers did a great job too, but holiday locked him up something special.

Jrue's defense on Harden was all defensive team worthy.
    Dante Cunningham has been a very pleasant surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Rivers did a great job too, but holiday locked him up something special.
    for you do basically discount rivers D on him just tells me you dnt knw wtf you're talking about with anything so take it with a grain of salt

Quote Originally Posted by isitsunday View Post
    for you do basically discount rivers D on him just tells me you dnt knw wtf you're talking about with anything so take it with a grain of salt
    For you to not know how to comprehend a sentence...So, I'll forgive u. RIVERS DID A GREAT JOB TOO. Can u understand now??

For you to not know how to comprehend a sentence...So, I'll forgive u. RIVERS DID A GREAT JOB TOO. Can u understand now??
    Did you have the caveman voice in your head too?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Did you have the caveman voice in your head too?
    How about the other thread?? Lol

KINGS AND THUNDER LOST TONIGHT WOOOOOOHHHHOHOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    KINGS AND THUNDER LOST TONIGHT WOOOOOOHHHHOHOHOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Next up Portland after they battle the Spurs without Rolo.

Hopefully Reke is back for this game and kills it at home like always.

Anyone know how serious Tyreke's knee injury is?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Next up Portland after they battle the Spurs without Rolo.

Hopefully Reke is back for this game and kills it at home like always.

Anyone know how serious Tyreke's knee injury is?
    no idea but things are looking good!!!

When Gordon and Reke are back, I wonder how the lineup will look. I would almost want to see them interchangeable depending on the team we are playing (pair Asik with Gordon and Ryno with Reke). Usually the starting lineups are set in stone for the most part though, so I expect Reke and Gordon to start together again. It would probably be beneficial if they were both not on the floor at the same time (not that they can't play together, before Gordon went down our team was doing pretty well).

Banned
    Yea I agree, I've seen enough of jimmer's ugly, non falling , brickin it every time shot. Lol..seriously if he can't make his 3pt shot on a consistent basis. He's not worth a jersey.
    Rivers seems to play pretty well with him on the floor.

Thread Information