Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rondo to Mavs or Rockets?

7.5 rebounds for your point guard is nice luxury.

Lot of guys on here underrating Rondo. Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, Dirk, Chandler easily best starting 5 in NBA.

@daldridgetnt: Jameer Nelson signed w/Mavs to play for contender. While he likes Brad Stevens, going back to rebuilding team isn't what he signed up for.
    Anywho, I know we're not a contender but we were interested in the summer, I'm expecting a buyout. We could use a guy like Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    Gaining Rondo>Losing Wright
    Yeah. Not taking away from gaining Rondo at all... just saying they've lost a shot-blocking big that runs the floor. They have nothing after Chandler now.

Rondo to Mavs or Rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Yeah. Not taking away from gaining Rondo at all... just saying they've lost a shot-blocking big that runs the floor. They have nothing after Chandler now.
    Yeah I hear ya. Wright always killed us so I'm happy. I heard some people saying they're gonna go after Jermaine O'Neal now, he's a FA.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Losing Wright is a huge plus for us as well. But that starting five is a problem big enough to make up for it.

After this trade, OKC/GS/LAC/MEM/DAL/SAS/HOU are locked and the is 7. I think Portland is our only hope for the 8th. West are crazy good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
    After this trade, OKC/GS/LAC/MEM/DAL/SAS/HOU are locked and the is 7. I think Portland is our only hope for the 8th. West are crazy good.
    An injury could change that.

I hate when the east makes teams in the west even better. It's just terrible.

Wow. Rondo to the mavs is a huge blow to us and the rest of the west. I honestly think they just became title favorites. What they gave up was a dam steal for rondo. Ppl on here are underestimating rondo big time. He's a top 5 pg easily.

Don't know about top 5 pg, but he's still a very good pg, and a really great fit for that team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Wow. Rondo to the mavs is a huge blow to us and the rest of the west. I honestly think they just became title favorites. What they gave up was a dam steal for rondo. Ppl on here are underestimating rondo big time. He's a top 5 pg easily.
    Not only top 5 but "top 5 easy"? Dude, I gotta know your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Not only top 5 but "top 5 easy"? Dude, I gotta know your list.
    I love the traditional pg. Rondo and cp3 are pretty much the only ones left now a days. Here is my list in no order. A pg initiates offense and gets the offense flowing, a pg isn't someone who looks for his shot first. Irving, lillard, and westbrook fall in that category. I'm not listings rose cause he's a non factor as of now and U til he gets back to his MVP level 2 years ago. He is below all these guys as of now.
    Cp3
    Rondo
    Westbrook (really a sg Imo)
    Parker
    Curry
    Then next tier is
    Wall
    LILLARD
    Conley
    Irving
    Lawson
    Holiday
    Bledsoe
    Dragic
    Lowry
    Teague

Have u honestly watched rondo for these last several years? Dude is the most pure pg in the league behind cp3. He has bounced back just fine after his knee injury. He is top 3 in assists every year if not 1&2. Plays very good defense. Is his shot great? No..doesn't ned to be tho to be 1 of the best Pgs cause the rest of his game is ridiculously good. Not to mention best rebounding pg in the league and has been that way for quite some time.

So it sounds like your criteria is about "who is the best at traditional point guard skills", playmaking, ball-handling, passing, floor general type stuff, in which case I can't argue that Rondo isn't one of the best in the league. As far as the "who are the best players who play point guard" I would disagree that Rondo is top 10.

So it sounds like your criteria is about "who is the best at traditional point guard skills", playmaking, ball-handling, passing, floor general type stuff, in which case I can't argue that Rondo isn't one of the best in the league. As far as the "who are the best players who play point guard" I would disagree that Rondo is top 10.
    Disagree that he's top 10?? No way my man. There are not 10 better pgs in this league than rondo. Honestly it all depends on what you want your pg to do. I'd rather my pg set up the other 4 players, defend, and rebound. Leave the primary scoring to the other guys. I actually like Conley a lot too, and think he's a little under rated.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Disagree that he's top 10?? No way my man. There are not 10 better pgs in this league than rondo. Honestly it all depends on what you want your pg to do. I'd rather my pg set up the other 4 players, defend, and rebound. Leave the primary scoring to the other guys. I actually like Conley a lot too, and think he's a little under rated.
    Definitely agree with Conley. As for the role of a point, I don't care so long as they fit into the larger scheme. I may be one of the lone people who kinda liked the philosophy of surrounding Iverson with defensive players and letting him go to town.

Definitely agree with Conley. As for the role of a point, I don't care so long as they fit into the larger scheme. I may be one of the lone people who kinda liked the philosophy of surrounding Iverson with defensive players and letting him go to town.
    Oh boy, A.I my fave player to watch EVER. dam he was fun to watch, Man U don't kno what u have until it's gone.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Looks like pick Dallas sent to Boston is protected the same as ours we sent for Asik.

The Franchise
    Wow so not even a pick in the next draft. We could easily get Green then. lol

Guess he will be Brendan Wright's replacement.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Just keeps getting better and better.

Thread Information