Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rondo to Mavs or Rockets?

Rondo to Mavs or Rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

It's like watching our already slim playoff hopes just wither away and die right in front of our eyes

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    It's like watching our already slim playoff hopes just wither away and die right in front of our eyes
    These teams are locks for the playoffs with or without Rondo

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    What would Dallas have to give up to get Rondo? I think they would be pretty damn good.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    What would Dallas have to give up to get Rondo? I think they would be pretty damn good.
    Probably Bradon Wright, Picks (heard Boston was looking for 2 firsts), and some filler to make up salary

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Probably Bradon Wright, Picks (heard Boston was looking for 2 firsts), and some filler to make up salary

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This? I do not like.

Rondo would not help Dallas IMO..Ellis has been so dominant for that team and he is a player that needs the ball in his hands to create. Dirk is also a guy that prefers to catch the ball at the elbow and create himself. Parsons was also paid a max deal to be a creator at the SF position. Rondo is just going to take the ball out of Ellis's and parsons hands and shrink the court for Dirk.

Rondo on Houston though would be a problem. IMO he will really help howard and some of their complimentary peices.

Rondo to Mavs or Rockets?

I think the biggest reason Dallas wants to do it is to screw over Houston. And I respect that in Mark Cuban.

We should be rooting for Houston to make this trade instead of Dallas. It's almost sure that Houston will be sending our pick to Boston and I'd much rather Boston have our pick than Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    We should be rooting for Houston to make this trade instead of Dallas. It's almost sure that Houston will be sending our pick to Boston and I'd much rather Boston have our pick than Houston.
    You'd rather Houston have Rondo than our pick?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHornet View Post
    You'd rather Houston have Rondo than our pick?
    I'd rather Houston have him than Dallas. Just a bonus that they lose our pick.

Houston is going after Dragic now man we really need to bring in another big time player to compete. In the west if you aren't a contender you're not in the playoffs.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Houston is going after Dragic now man we really need to bring in another big time player to compete. In the west if you aren't a contender you're not in the playoffs.
    Conference realigment needs to happen.

Conference realigment needs to happen.

We need to just wait. We're not winning a title this year anyway. If we're going to make any moves, it needs to be with the long-term future in mind. The last thing we want to do is to rush out and make a move out of panic.

http://deadspin.com/that-rondo-to-da...ium=socialflow

sounds like Rondo to Mavs is done

ESPN sources say teams closing in on swap to send Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jameer Nelson, one future first & one future second to Celts

Wow. This sucks. I liked Rondo, too. Would have rathered Houston get him and lose our pick.

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar

They lose Branden Wright. That's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    They lose Branden Wright. That's huge.
    Gaining Rondo>Losing Wright

Honestly, this will make the Mavs worse, so im happy
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Wright and Crowder will be huge blows to them, and spacing will cause ball flow to mess up, i love it. I would be more concern with him on the Rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Rondo would not help Dallas IMO..Ellis has been so dominant for that team and he is a player that needs the ball in his hands to create. Dirk is also a guy that prefers to catch the ball at the elbow and create himself. Parsons was also paid a max deal to be a creator at the SF position. Rondo is just going to take the ball out of Ellis's and parsons hands and shrink the court for Dirk.

Rondo on Houston though would be a problem. IMO he will really help howard and some of their complimentary peices.
    Rondo is an elite point guard. He would help any team in the NBA with his 10.8 assists per game and strong defense. If Dallas gets him, I think they could win it all.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 12-18-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information