Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Omer Asik's minutes

Omer Asik's minutes

He played only around 20 minutes in the last two games, much below than his average this season. What is the reason? Do you have any idea? And against Rockets, do you think he should play more minutes against his former fellow Dwight?

He was playing like **** against the Jazz. Maybe that had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oasik View Post
    He played only around 20 minutes in the last two games, much below than his average this season. What is the reason? Do you have any idea? And against Rockets, do you think he should play more minutes against his former fellow Dwight?
    It be great if he could go into his old building and shut down Dwight.

Monty commented on this in his video on the pels site 17/12 training vid. Mentioned the style Utah were playing didn't suit Omer's game.

I agree with monty . Utah's style was a disadvantage for Omer . He grabbed only 3 rebounds which is totaly a joke for him . He'll have his minutes increase against other opponents . He'll be much effective against other teams , and I think he proved himself against Gasol and Duncan...

I don't think we can afford 10 mil for a guy who is going to have an on-going problem with matchups.

If he's not rebounding, he may aswell be in street clothes with Gordon.

I didn't watched the game. A dude called Benberdonut who did watch it, commented on thebirdwrites that Omer seems to still feel the effect of his back problem
    Last edited by odine; 12-18-2014 at 07:13 AM.
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

The Jazz game it was clear, Anderson put him on the bench. You simply can't not play him when he is on fire. Single handedly kept us in the game in the first half.

GS was a matchup thing where they went small and we did the same. Also we needed as much offense as possible.

When we're behind by over like 7; Asik won't be in the game over Ryno. That's clear as day.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

we've been playing teams without dominating big men inside so we can play smaller which means more RyNo than Asik. When we play guys like Dwight, Cousins, etc. Asik will play plenty of minutes

There have been those who have criticized Month for being stubborn and not making adjustments yet that seems to be what is happening here. I've also felt Monty is inflexible at times. He gets a kudos from me for making adjustments here.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post
    I don't think we can afford 10 mil for a guy who is going to have an on-going problem with matchups.

I mean this as no disrespect to you, but I'm pretty sure you and I are diametrically opposed on every subject on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Perth_Hornet View Post

You don't want Asik. You think we should move Ryno. Exactly who do you want as our big next to AD?

I'd also like to say here that I was wrong about us accquiring Asik this summer. He has played about as well as I'd expected but I thought he would extremely negatively impact our offense but he hasn't had near the negative impact I had thought.

My strongest criticism was how much it handcuffed us financially. Dell pulled some pretty incredible money moving to make it happen. Our problem at small forward isn't nearly as bad as I had thought. Dante has helped a lot with that. I just hope we resign him for a decent amount and stumble onto a small forward this off season.

Omer did his job well against Dwight . He hold his ground . Dwight didn't have a explosive night . I think he had 6-8 points against omer while he was defending him. Also I loved how he dribbled against dwight outside the 3 point line and tried to cross over him

Give that man more minutes

Omer Asik's minutes

Omer doesn't mind it, though. He knows it's best for the team. As long he's starting and getting over 20 mins and his money, he's happy. The dude doesn't care at all about stats. He's perfect for this team.

That's what I think.

The one thing I just can't get with Asik is his hands! Does he have some sort of severe glandular issues that create overly sweaty hands? I mean I just don't understand how a rebounder like him can also be so poor handling a pass? He literally is the definition of butterfingers. I feel like our guards would all have at least one more assist a game if Asik didn't fumble the amount of passes he does.

Evans especially. Who heavily relies on dumping off to bigs around the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    The one thing I just can't get with Asik is his hands! Does he have some sort of severe glandular issues that create overly sweaty hands? I mean I just don't understand how a rebounder like him can also be so poor handling a pass? He literally is the definition of butterfingers. I feel like our guards would all have at least one more assist a game if Asik didn't fumble the amount of passes he does.

Evans especially. Who heavily relies on dumping off to bigs around the rim.
    But no Asik NEVER turns the balls over, he only averages a TO a game. Blah blah blah. Those fumbles you mention, most of them are without him having full possession which means it DOES NOT count as a TO. But no, Asik is great on offense because the stats say he only averages a turnover. Some of the most bs I've ever heard. Paying somebody 15 million dollars to grab a few rebounds play 20 min and turn the ball over is well used money. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    But no Asik NEVER turns the balls over, he only averages a TO a game. Blah blah blah. Those fumbles you mention, most of them are without him having full possession which means it DOES NOT count as a TO. But no, Asik is great on offense because the stats say he only averages a turnover. Some of the most bs I've ever heard. Paying somebody 15 million dollars to grab a few rebounds play 20 min and turn the ball over is well used money. Yeah.
    In no universe does Asik get anything close to 15m annually.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Stop being silly. No one said he averaged 1 a game. They just said you were full of **** trying to invent ways of blaming even more TOs on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Stop being silly. No one said he averaged 1 a game. They just said you were full of **** trying to invent ways of blaming even more TOs on him.
    Trying to invent ways of blaming him. You don't watch many games do you? Must be one of those radio guys. For you to saying something that absurd really means you don't watch games OR, or, you are completely oblivious and have Asik in a special place in your heart. When Asik goes up for a rebound, grabs it, brings it below his waste and gets it taken away, does that not count as a turnover in any sense? Or does he just get hall passes for every time that happens and we turn a blind eye to it. That's exactly you. For you to say I invent ways for him to make TO's makes me feel bad, for you, because I don't know what your eyes look at.

I thought Mr. Embryo was leaving us forever. That would be a rather nice Christmas present.....

1) Who cares what Benson spends his non-cap money on, other than his heirs? Asik has a cap hit of only about $8MM for this season as I recall. The rest comes out of Mr. Benson's generously deep pockets.
    2) Rebounds (as in 10+ per game) are important to winning basketball games. Sorry, but he contributes more than "a few".
    3) Defense is also important. Asik is good at it. Most of our centers have stunk at it.
    4) Asik's hands are bad. Unfortunately we can only afford one nearly flawless player on the team at a time. Assuming I have a choice, I'd rather have an offensive gray hole than a defensive sieve and/or a foul machine.

And yes there was much Praise on this board for his "low amount of TO's statistically which is why me and others argued stats don't tell everything. Guess you missed out on those discussions, OR, or you are being purposefully oblivious.

And yes there was much Praise on this board for his "low amount of TO's statistically which is why me and others argued stats don't tell everything. Guess you missed out on those discussions, OR, or you are being purposefully oblivious.

Thread Information