Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jrue Holiday last 5 games

Jrue Holiday last 5 games

10.6 ppg on 33 fg% along with 3.6 tpg 3 fouls per game with only 4.8 made field goals on over 14 shot attempts..

Jrue Holiday has just never come to the form we were accustomed to at Philly and atm the struggle is real..
    Im just wondering why tonight, when he knew he was struggling, decided to jack up 21 shots.

In comparison, solomon hill a player from the d-league, is averaging better numbers than jrue over these 5 games, and he is our "allstar" pointguard.

Jrue is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he doesn't shoot enough, people complain. If he shoots too much, people are wondering why he isn't more efficient. Also, Jrue still plays great defense.

But what is most concerning is that you are cherry picking your stats. The five games before the last five games, Jrue was averaging 22.2 ppg, 8.4 assists, and 2 steals while shooting 54% from the field. Let's be fair here...

I've been saying we rely on too many inconsistent players to help AD. There is no true #2 you can expect to show up every night

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    We could get some consistency for Anderson, but I don't see it happening. A two for one deal with for fringe starter quality depth would do wonders for this team.
    Last edited by DefensiveMind; 12-23-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Jrue is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. If he doesn't shoot enough, people complain. If he shoots too much, people are wondering why he isn't more efficient. Also, Jrue still plays great defense.

But what is most concerning is that you are cherry picking your stats. The five games before the last five games, Jrue was averaging 22.2 ppg, 8.4 assists, and 2 steals while shooting 54% from the field. Let's be fair here...
    The exact same thing can be said about Evans on this message board! What alot of people don't realize is that this is a young team in a hard division. They are going to have tough stretches and learning curves. This isn't NBA2K. The fact of the matter is that we are a young developing team with all-star caliber young players (Evans and Holiday) and a young superstar in the making (AD), but we are in the toughest divison and conference in the LONG time. We just have to stay healthy and keep our head above water this season.

This. This is why u look at a season not a 5 game span, people go thru slumps

yep even in the losses, I'm not going to criticize our main players from taking shots. AD took 18, Reke 13, Jrue 21. In saying that, with how Babbitt is shooting for 3, I'd like to see us try and get a couple more looks for him, more than 5 looks in 21 minutes of play. If as a team you're shooting 20% from 3, and the other team is clogging the paint, then use the guy who is hitting his 3 pointers all season. I know sometimes it is on him not taking his chance, but there is room to improve there.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    The exact same thing can be said about Evans on this message board! What alot of people don't realize is that this is a young team in a hard division. They are going to have tough stretches and learning curves. This isn't NBA2K. The fact of the matter is that we are a young developing team with all-star caliber young players (Evans and Holiday) and a young superstar in the making (AD), but we are in the toughest divison and conference in the LONG time. We just have to stay healthy and keep our head above water this season.
    Great post.

I cant believe he's getting criticized. http://games.espn.go.com/fba/playerrater?leagueId=96140 Looks like he is good company to me.

We just need some 2's and 3's who can knock it down. Can we go ahead and trade one of our luxuries yet? ryno or tyreke

Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post
    10.6 ppg on 33 fg% along with 3.6 tpg 3 fouls per game with only 4.8 made field goals on over 14 shot attempts..

Jrue Holiday has just never come to the form we were accustomed to at Philly and atm the struggle is real..
    Im just wondering why tonight, when he knew he was struggling, decided to jack up 21 shots.

In comparison, solomon hill a player from the d-league, is averaging better numbers than jrue over these 5 games, and he is our "allstar" pointguard.
    please he has been having his most efficient year as an nba player and you want to cherry pick a couple bad games and call his performances not up to snuff? come on man
    never assume

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue is the least of our problems. We need a starting SF that plays defense. We need to stop with the turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    please he has been having his most efficient year as an nba player and you want to cherry pick a couple bad games and call his performances not up to snuff? come on man
    Seriously you need to come on man! Are you new to this board or something!? We can win by a point and Monty is the greatest but be damned if we lose by a point and it's time to blow it up! Just try to ignore this **** or else it will drive you nuts haha!

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    I've been saying we rely on too many inconsistent players to help AD. There is no true #2 you can expect to show up every night
    I could get behind that idea that we'd fair much better with a consistent second option behind AD.
    I think my problem is "who could that be". We need a player who matches well with AD. He needs to be available to us via trade/free agency soon. According to ESPN rank there are 67 players in the league better than Jrue. Assuming 1/5th of them are power forwards and unable to play with AD. That leaves 55 players. I doubt that the best player on any team can be had for anything we can give them, I'd say that knocks of at least 25 of the players right away. So we now have about 30 players. I'd bet that a third of them are too old to b ea realistic #2 option going forward. We wouldn't want to get a number two guy on the team who is too old to compete in 4 years. That leaves us with 20 players. Since there are so few better (according to ESPN's list which of course, has issues) players than Jrue I think we should list who should be the realistic #2 option that is better and more consistent to grow with AD.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Seriously you need to come on man! Are you new to this board or something!? We can win by a point and Monty is the greatest but be damned if we lose by a point and it's time to blow it up! Just try to ignore this **** or else it will drive you nuts haha!
    new to this board? I have more posts than you and joined before you it says it under the avatar

new to this board? I have more posts than you and joined before you it says it under the avatar
    GuardianAngel illustrates why to never underestimate your opponent in life.

It was conplete sarcasm haha guess you didn't get that's part.

We have only a few players who are consistent: AD and Withey and Dante (so far) are consistently good, while Salmons and Russ and Jimmer are consistenly bad and Rivers is consistenly mediocre. Everyone else has been maddeningly inconsistent. Mostly it is inconsistent shooting, but Ajinca's fouling and Asik's handles have also been hard to figure.
    We also lack toughness as a squad. We let these playoff-type refereeing games affect our shot selection and shooting effectiveness. It's understandable, but we will neve be a title contender without changing that. We took a big step forward at OKC in this regard, but a big step back at Indy. I'm sure San Antonio will try to annoy us into submission the next game as well.

Great post bro!

I actually kind of agree and would extend it to AD. They went a combined 15-39 last night. Anytime our no. 1 and no. 2 are that poor at shooting it's going to be a long night. At halftime Tyreke had the most points of any Pel and more rebounds, assists, and steals than AD and Jrue combined.

The simple truth is we shot like trash last night. While the Pacers were 50% and 33% from 3, we were 40% and 20% from 3. We actually out rebounded them, took 5 more shots, and more FTs than them. Yet we lost by double digits. We were 11-30 on OPEN shots. Let that sink in.

I wonder why you didn't talk about the 5 games before that... oh wait, I already know why and it's because this place is in love with doomsday scenarios

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I wonder why you didn't talk about the 5 games before that... oh wait, I already know why and it's because this place is in love with doomsday scenarios
    If you look at the entire month of December he hasn't been that much better. It's certainly something to talk about when at best our team has shown to be very inconsistent even including AD. I'm not saying we should burn everything to the ground, I don't honestly think we should do anything right now but wait and see, but it is an interesting topic to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    So are we not allowed to discuss our player's CURRENT performances? Should we simply base our conversations off of their career stats?

The OP is right, Jrue has played poorly the last 5 games, did I miss something?

I am a Holiday fan. I see the talent, and I love the control he plays with. But as many above have pointed out, some days we get all-star Jrue, others we get below average Jrue. The good days need to outweigh the bad days AT LEAST 5-1 IMO, right now it is close to 50/50

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jrue is not CP3. We could be way better if we made Jrue a third option and find this team a 2nd option. Gordon was supposed to be that guy. I suspect we would have a better record right now if Gordon was healthy.

I think Jrue is a good player. He has his ups and downs. What needs to stop is people round here saying that he's a top tier PG because he was a default all-star in the East. If you watch basketball outside of NO, you'd see that Jrue is a middle of the pack PG. That's not a bad thing because AD is our lead dog. This team would be better if Jrue/Tyreke/Ryno played like it. Jrue plays good defense and can score when required. He is also our best option to get the offense started without ball stoppage. There are 3 pieces that I wouldn't trade from this team and Jrue is one of them. The others are AD & Asik. Asik only because I don't think that AD is not a C
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 12-25-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantazis76 View Post

Seriously, where were you complaining about Jrue when he had a streak of games when he was playing well?

Thread Information