Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Omer Asik's minutes

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    And yes there was much Praise on this board for his "low amount of TO's statistically which is why me and others argued stats don't tell everything. Guess you missed out on those discussions, OR, or you are being purposefully oblivious.
    That's because he is having a CAREER LOW TO % this year. I'm not forgetting anything. I also remember you saying you you were deleting your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    That's because he is having a CAREER LOW TO % this year. I'm not forgetting anything. I also remember you saying you you were deleting your account.
    I also remember asking the moderators to delete me or for somebody to tell me how too. Still have yet to get a response. Show me and I'll be more than happy too. Cool? Cool? Get your wish.

Still waiting

Was just at dinner and met Omer. Was very nice. I didn't bother him much but did get to shake his hands. Since his hands are a common topic I will add that his hands were enormous and oddly very soft to the touch. Weird that I would notice that. Also he was with hot euro looking girl.

Omer Asik's minutes

I also remember asking the moderators to delete me or for somebody to tell me how too. Still have yet to get a response. Show me and I'll be more than happy too. Cool? Cool? Get your wish.
    Or you could just not sign in. It's not rocket science. A big gambler like yourself should be able to figure it out.

But let's be serious. Give credit where it is deserved. Asik is having a career low year for TOs and a career high for rebounds. He is top 3 in total rebound % and has a lower TO % than either guy ahead of him. Complain about his hands but acknowledge that you have not watched enough of other centers to accurately judge him versus others. There are a ton of higher rated C's that are actually just as bad or worse than Asik with TOs.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 12-19-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moon54 View Post
    Omer did his job well against Dwight . He hold his ground . Dwight didn't have a explosive night . I think he had 6-8 points against omer while he was defending him. Also I loved how he dribbled against dwight outside the 3 point line and tried to cross over him
    I have been watching Asik since he came to NBA. I can easily say that he has one of the worst nights. I am looking forward him to be as aggressive he used to be defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by goat gorilla View Post
    Was just at dinner and met Omer. Was very nice. I didn't bother him much but did get to shake his hands. Since his hands are a common topic I will add that his hands were enormous and oddly very soft to the touch. Weird that I would notice that. Also he was with hot euro looking girl.
    there is the problem, he is too busy pimping
    Please visit http://playbal.blogspot.com/ to read my articles

here is the pelicans stats Previous 10 Games 24.8min season stats 24gp 26.5 min i hope he will not re-sign The reason for coming here because of his minutes this is just fuking ridiculous here is the houston stats 48gp 20.2 min he is unhappy again why pelicans gave a first round pick ? also Ajinca could play 20 minutes

if monty the coach everybody says he is then how come he doesn't tell the center to play with his hands up and to try and body up
    on somebody once in a while instead of just standing in the lane with hands down by his side

Omer Asik's minutes

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanblaze View Post
    if monty the coach everybody says he is then how come he doesn't tell the center to play with his hands up and to try and body up
    on somebody once in a while instead of just standing in the lane with hands down by his side
    I know. Why did Monty tell Reke to throw that 3/4th court lob? Why does Monty tell Ryno to miss all his 3s some nights? Why does Monty tell Ajinca to foul every defensive possession? Why does Monty tell the entire team to miss wide open shots? Why does Monty tell Reke to not pay attention on defense? Why does Monty keep injuring Gordon? Why does Monty hate Christmas?

why he doesn't tell them what to do is the fact that he lost the same reason he call time out after the the other team make a 10 point
    run he has no clue as far as gordon he wil be the reason giving when they fire monty stop drinking the cool aid u must be a saint fan
    the same cool aid coming for them pretty soon

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanblaze View Post
    why he doesn't tell them what to do is the fact that he lost the same reason he call time out after the the other team make a 10 point
    run he has no clue as far as gordon he wil be the reason giving when they fire monty stop drinking the cool aid u must be a saint fan
    the same cool aid coming for them pretty soon
    Kool-aid just fyi

But no Asik NEVER turns the balls over, he only averages a TO a game. Blah blah blah. Those fumbles you mention, most of them are without him having full possession which means it DOES NOT count as a TO. But no, Asik is great on offense because the stats say he only averages a turnover. Some of the most bs I've ever heard. Paying somebody 15 million dollars to grab a few rebounds play 20 min and turn the ball over is well used money. Yeah.
    SECTION 4—TURNOVERS
    Article 1. A turnover occurs when a team, after gaining control
    of the ball or having been entitled to the ball, does not produce
    a try for goal (field or free) that would count if it goes in,
    before the opponent either gains control of the ball, is entitled
    to the ball or scores a goal. (Exception: If the failure to produce a
    field-goal attempt is due to the expiration of time at the end of
    the half, game or overtime, then no turnover is charged.)
    If a single player is judged to be primarily responsible for the
    turnover, that player is charged with the turnover.

If no single player can be judged to be primarily responsible,
    or if the responsibility rests with anyone not a player, then the
    team is charged with the turnover.
    Note: The word “player” refers to one of five or fewer members
    of a team’s personnel who is legally on the playing court.

no it cool aid because it will be nothing but wind when it start
    Last edited by pelicanblaze; 12-27-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Definitely, Omer is underperforming now for at least a month. I do not know the reason but he is far from his Houston days.

I'm sure his back injury is still bothering him. Look at his beginning of December compared to the end. It seems he got healthy then reinjured his back around the middle of the month.

Asik held pau gasol to 8 points on 33% shooting and pau is having an all star year

I like Asik but it is hard to ignore his liabilities. He may not be turning the ball over but his butterfingers give defenses the chance to close in on him while he is fumbling a well placed pass. It hurts our efficiency and considering it is such a huge part of guys like Jrue, Rivers and Evans game, it hurts them as well. His liabilities also force us to work around him with lineups.

I become more and more polarized in my mind about Asik as the season goes on. I want him back at the right price but I feel like the right price keeps dropping for me.

Agreed, I like asik a lot, but what u see is what u get, defense and rebounding, is someone who only brings that to the team worth that much? Idk, tony allen doesnt get paid but he also isnt a center. But I also feel like u can get the same thing that u get from asik from a younger guy on a rookie deal, wish we coulda drafted gorgui deing

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Agreed, I like asik a lot, but what u see is what u get, defense and rebounding, is someone who only brings that to the team worth that much? Idk, tony allen doesnt get paid but he also isnt a center. But I also feel like u can get the same thing that u get from asik from a younger guy on a rookie deal, wish we coulda drafted gorgui deing
    Asik is 3rd in rebound % in the entire league. He is also top 5 in opponent Fg% around the rim. He is not easily replaced by a rookie.

Asik is 3rd in rebound % in the entire league. He is also top 5 in opponent Fg% around the rim. He is not easily replaced by a rookie.
    Ur right im just mad about the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ur right im just mad about the loss.
    You were expecting a win against Chicago at home? We were in it until the end.

Anyone who is feeling down about our young team should read this article. It has quotes from even Greg Pop about young teams and developing.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ng_the_fi.html

You were expecting a win against Chicago at home? We were in it until the end.

Anyone who is feeling down about our young team should read this article. It has quotes from even Greg Pop about young teams and developing.

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s...ng_the_fi.html

Yeah read this yesterday after Mason replied that he tweeted tyrekes brother with his article. Thought it was a good read as well.

Good read thanks

Atleast if Asik plays average he won't get paid more than 10M.

Thread Information