Pelicans Report

Thread: Rockets went to overtime @ Denver tonight

Rockets went to overtime @ Denver tonight

Big game tomorrow night..

And all their starters logged 45+ mins.

Does Howard play a back to back with his injury?

Geez, at least we have a chance at a win PLUS a Houston loss. I mean geez...... the West simply did another 5-0 campaign tonight against the East.

I swear, despite it being intolerably bad years ago (when we got put in the damn west), the gulf between conferences has not diminished as the media suggests every couple years with the flux of early draft choices headed east and the spawning quasi-super squard w/ the heat and cavs.

I dont care what anybody says, we would be battline it out for tops in the East. Our record would only have us 5th or 6th; but if we rolled with an Eastern schedule, picked up wins, and basked in the resulting confidence I see us going toe to toe with toronto and washington every time

Im just gonna post this because I can already pre-empt the rage from tomorrow night when it inevitably happens:

Tyreke Evans has shot 212 shots at the rim. 378 FGA.

James Harden has taken 122 shots at the rim. 427 FGA.

Tyreke Evans has taken 90 FTA.

James Harden has taken 220 FTA.

You are telling me that Harden has had more legitimate contact on his shot attempts then Evans? Maybe, sure, but over 2X as much contact?? Bull****.

Harden has made his career by flopping and charging into people and using his acting and positioning skills to manipulate calls. And tomorrow will be no exception. He shot nearly as many FTA as the entire Nuggets team. I expect at least one of these - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOYSzVLQyc and everyone else should as well. And then a whole bunch of less obvious ones.

Harden embodies everything I hate about modern basketball and part of the game tomorrow night is going to be overcoming a player that has managed to raise flopping from a skill to an art from.

Geez, at least we have a chance at a win PLUS a Houston loss. I mean geez...... the West simply did another 5-0 campaign tonight against the East.

I swear, despite it being intolerably bad years ago (when we got put in the damn west), the gulf between conferences has not diminished as the media suggests every couple years with the flux of early draft choices headed east and the spawning quasi-super squard w/ the heat and cavs.

I dont care what anybody says, we would be battline it out for tops in the East. Our record would only have us 5th or 6th; but if we rolled with an Eastern schedule, picked up wins, and basked in the resulting confidence I see us going toe to toe with toronto and washington every time

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Im just gonna post this because I can already pre-empt the rage from tomorrow night when it inevitably happens:

You are telling me that Harden has had more legitimate contact on his shot attempts then Evans? Maybe, sure, but over 2X as much contact?? Bull****.

Harden has made his career by flopping and charging into people and using his acting and positioning skills to manipulate calls. And tomorrow will be no exception. He shot nearly as many FTA as the entire Nuggets team. I expect at least one of these - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EOYSzVLQyc and everyone else should as well. And then a whole bunch of less obvious ones.

Harden embodies everything I hate about modern basketball and part of the game tomorrow night is going to be overcoming a player that has managed to raise flopping from a skill to an art from.
    Everyone who watches da leeg knows that you can't breathe on Harden or you will get pinged.

Just one of those bull **** things everyone has to live with.

Harden is pretty much the clutchiest in the league doe at burying jumpshots with the game on the line.

I'm with ya N.O Bronco

It's going to be extremely hard watching Harden get all the calls.

I like the way snrub thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    I like the way snrub thinks!

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

I kinda like that it was against Griffin though, who himself is a pretty big flopper, but yes this will be a challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    And all their starters logged 45+ mins.

Does Howard play a back to back with his injury?
    And those are 45+ minutes are "Denver minutes". Rockets will be tough, but if there was ever a time to catch them, it's now.
    Last edited by DarkHornet; 12-18-2014 at 06:29 AM.

Banned
    Drawing fouls is an art. I give him credit for being good at it.

Our starters have to be on tonight and put it to them early. I'm sure Houston will tr to jump out fast an hold on.

This is the entire reason that Harden's game doesn't translate to the playoffs.

There's 82 games and people simply can't watch and call out all of the BS. But as soon as it goes to the playoffs everyone knows all eyes are on them and the refs have to call it a lot more straight up.

Just watch All-Star games. Harden sucks in them because they don't call fouls.

I don't think NBA refs are purposely giving a ton of calls. I think it's simply they give the benefit of the doubt on plays they have trouble seeing. In the playoffs I think they are less likely to do that.

Banned
    You are correct sir.

Yeah, what he said!
    Last edited by observerII; 12-18-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Seriously...refs don't call anything these days as this n'awesome no-call travel by Corey Brewster exhibits...

Loking at the box score, their current bench is probably worst in the league. Joey Dorsey, Isaiah Canaa, Tarik Black & Nick Johnson. Brutal

Quote Originally Posted by unabrew View Post
    Seriously...refs don't call anything these days as this n'awesome no-call travel by Corey Brewster exhibits...

lmao that was like 8 steps

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Loking at the box score, their current bench is probably worst in the league. Joey Dorsey, Isaiah Canaa, Tarik Black & Nick Johnson. Brutal

And they just got Isaiah back.

Thread Information