Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What about AD off the bench.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

What about AD off the bench.

Before you flame me think about it. Ryno is a starting caliber 4 in the NBA and would spread out the floor more. AD doesn't need someone to create offense for him. He would come in as the 4 or 5 and go against team's backups, he would just dominate and it would be a great bench, plus he would still get all of his normal minutes.

Jrue and Reke did play great without him.

1-6

Reke needs talented players around him AD does not. Let's do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Lmfbo
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Not sure how to respond to this. Bring our MVP candidate off the bench? Just isn't done.

This is getting ridiculous
    I'm a grinder

I can't believe TC is serious, I thought this was a joke topic making fun of the other ones.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans_fan_504 View Post
    I thought this was a joke topic making fun of the other ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Not sure how to respond to this. Bring our MVP candidate off the bench? Just isn't done.
    Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    This is getting ridiculous
    Wow guys.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 12-17-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Eman, internet cool guy, isn't impressed.

Would it be possible to play 4 players in the first half if we can play 6 in the second?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Would it be possible to play 4 players in the first half if we can play 6 in the second?
    League fawked

So is it crazy that the Spurs brought many ginobli off the bench when he was in his prime?? Obviously this is a joke thread making fun of the jrue coming off the bench, but so far you have just made fun of me without coming up with an actual argument. Prove me wrong that it would not be beneficial to LEAD the second team with jrue. IF jrue starts and they take him out early, will that make everyone feel ok inside?

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    So is it crazy that the Spurs brought many ginobli off the bench when he was in his prime?? Obviously this is a joke thread making fun of the jrue coming off the bench, but so far you have just made fun of me without coming up with an actual argument. Prove me wrong that it would not be beneficial to LEAD the second team with jrue. IF jrue starts and they take him out early, will that make everyone feel ok inside?

We are arguing about semantics, this fictional "starter" vs "bench" theory is a joke. It's minutes played that matters. Woukd you go nuts if lebron didn't "start" but played 47 minutes a game? (Besides the argument that he shouldn't be playing that much)

We are arguing about semantics, this fictional "starter" vs "bench" theory is a joke. It's minutes played that matters. Woukd you go nuts if lebron didn't "start" but played 47 minutes a game? (Besides the argument that he shouldn't be playing that much)
    If it's a joke and fictional, why are you suggesting it as something that would be beneficial to the team?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Eman, internet cool guy, isn't impressed.
    haha the projection defense mechanism. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    haha the projection defense mechanism. I like it.

Many Ginoblis? 6th men. 6th men everywhere.

Matt, I detailed why I wouldn't do it in your thread. I don't think its as bad an idea as others suggest but still wouldn't do it.

He's the 2nd best player on the team after AD (my opinion). He's possibly our best on-ball defender and definitely our best on-ball guard defender. He's versatile on that end and has defended positions 1-3. You don't put that on the bench when you have guys like Westbrook, Curry, Parker that are starting.

He's the 2nd best player on the team after AD (my opinion). He's possibly our best on-ball defender and definitely our best on-ball guard defender. He's versatile on that end and has defended positions 1-3. You don't put that on the bench when you have guys like Westbrook, Curry, Parker that are starting.
    Honestly, with Austin Rivers' ever-growing elite defensive skills, I think bringing Jrue off the bench could work. Rivers has put up some elite advanced per36 stats while having one of the best def efficiency averages of all time. With those numbers, we can afford to bring Jrue off the pine

Wow guys.
    Well played. But lemme introduce you to a lil' thing called: Poe's Law

"Satire doesn't stand a chance against reality anymore."
    — Jules Feiffer in 1959

The core idea of Poe's law is that a parody of something extreme can be mistaken for the real thing, and if a real thing sounds extreme enough, it can be mistaken for a parody (all because parodies are intrinsically extreme, in case you haven't noticed it). This can also happen to someone whose picture of the opposing position is such a grotesque caricature that it renders them unable to tell parody from reality. Reality and parody are further blended by the fact that something that started as a parody might turn into a Windmill Political that some people take as gospel and go to a very serious (if not literal) war.

Wow guys.

"Satire doesn't stand a chance against reality anymore."
    — Jules Feiffer in 1959

The core idea of Poe's law is that a parody of something extreme can be mistaken for the real thing, and if a real thing sounds extreme enough, it can be mistaken for a parody (all because parodies are intrinsically extreme, in case you haven't noticed it). This can also happen to someone whose picture of the opposing position is such a grotesque caricature that it renders them unable to tell parody from reality. Reality and parody are further blended by the fact that something that started as a parody might turn into a Windmill Political that some people take as gospel and go to a very serious (if not literal) war.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    So it's kind of like,

I love Wolverine.

Wolverine is played by Hugh Jackman.

Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine?

Thread Information