Pelicans Report

Thread: How is it possible we're ranked 24th in points allowed?

How is it possible we're ranked 24th in points allowed?

This is a team full of great defenders is Monty really that horrible of a coach?

1-6

People are going to flame me but I think Anthony davis and tyreke have communication issues. I think most of our issues are rotational issues probably starting with Anthony because he hasn't quite learned how to hold down the lane yet, he's getting blocks, but if he isn't blocking the shot it's going in because he allows big men to get pretty solid position, so either the bigs are scoring or the guards can go straight to the hoop because the big has sealed AD out of position. He will figure it out eventually

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    This is a team full of great defenders is Monty really that horrible of a coach?
    Two great defenders is considered a team full now?

Jrue and Asik are great.

Cunningham is good.

Davis is average to above-average

Rivers and Tyreke generally average, but can often slip to downright bad.

Withey and Ajinca are below-average.

Everyone else are various shades of awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Two great defenders is considered a team full now?

Jrue and Asik are great.

Cunningham is good.

Davis is average to above-average

Rivers and Tyreke generally average, but can often slip to downright bad.

Withey and Ajinca are below-average.

Everyone else are various shades of awful.
    So thats still good enough to have above avg defense all the clippers have is DJ.

So thats still good enough to have above avg defense all the clippers have is DJ.
    Griffin and Chris Paul are both good. Barnes is better than most. Reddick is better than all but four players on our team.

Davis, Hawes, and Crawford are all bad. Don't remember who else is on the team.

Well part of that is bench is part is strength of schedule. The only thing I've seen from our defense that I really don't like, from a scheme/coaching perspective, is how often we switch. It seems like all you have to do is run a simple pick and roll and now you have mismatches.

Expected extreme backlash at Kibner's notion that AD isn't the greatest defender of all time. I'm so proud of us. I've been perplexed too. We still make mistakes and it seems like we play good man to man defense but terrible team defense and it seems like teams are getting smarter each year and playing more team ball than before. We really need the awareness to go up. Hopefully soon we can stop signing prayers like Bummer and sign vets who understand defensive sets. I think just that would go a long way. I guess I don't know how much is the coach or assistant coach. If we feel like a better defensive assistant coach helps *cough Malone cough* then I wonder if that would fix our issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Monty suks, and Tyreke can't shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Monty suks, and Tyreke can't shoot.
    Monte needs to understand de fence. I was on de fence about him until this year. Tryreke is just a wimp and I will fight him and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Monte needs to understand de fence. I was on de fence about him until this year. Tryreke is just a wimp and I will fight him and win.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

communication is definitely a big thing. also:

also, we are +10.3 better defensively when salmons is off the court, +9 when Anderson sits.

Our oRTG is 110.9 (5th), so thankfully there is that. we are the baby Dallas at the moment.

Thread Information