Pelicans Report

Thread: Pelicans Players and Defense Regressing?

Pelicans Players and Defense Regressing?

Now let me start by saying i'm not the biggest advanced stats guy, I believe in watching a player to gauge his game, too many things come into account for advanced stats to consider.

BUT I just noticed that every player that comes to the pelicans sees their Defensive rating drop by a huge rating

Omer Asik before coming to the Pels averaged a 96 defensive rating, which is outstanding, since coming to the Pels his rating is 108...

Jrue averaged 107, this year 112

Tyreke 110, this year 111

Ryno 106, this year 112

I'm seeing a trend here...

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    defensive efficiency is relative to the overall team defensive efficiency. Asik had that because he played on a different team with different defensive schemes.

Zero defense for the first 3 quarters of the Utah game. Asik vacated the baseline and let numerous backdoor cuts and baseline drives right to the basket. That has not been the case in prior games. If we play like that against the Rockets and Spurs we will get crushed. Did anyone notice Rob Ryan on the sideline coaching the defense? Maybe the players were trying to make a case for Mike Malone to come back....

Banned
    Obviously, they can play awesome defense if hey are motivated to do so. This is one of those moments where the coach kind of gets exposed for not keeping his players engaged.

Thread Information